“Bahia is a great compromise of location and cost!”

Bahia Hotel & Beach House
Ranked #26 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 7 February 2012

The Bahia is only one block from the largest, swimable, public beach in Cabo San Lucas. It has been newly renovated 4 years ago. It is stylish and comfortable all at the same time. The pool is beautiful with day beds all around. The Bar Esquire was packed each and every night of our stay. They serve excellent food, but we found the menu a bit pricy on breakfast and lunch items, considering the short walk to the habour or the beach restaurants. The staff were great. The room we were first given was to loud at night. They moved us no problem to a room with private pool access. They arranged transport to and from the airport and handled all the paper work. They greeted us every time we entered and exited the hotel and asked about our stay and excursions. Would recommend The Bahia Hotel to anyone. Within walking distance to everything and close to the beach.

Room Tip: Stay near the pool. Rooms on the second floor with lower numbers (202/3/4/5, etc) are noisy because...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lil_Miss_McCrie
There are newer reviews for Bahia Hotel & Beach House

Reviewed 7 February 2012

I just came back from Cabo I traveled Feb 2-Feb 5th 2012. I wouldn't change anything about this trip, the only thing i would change is that I wish i would stayed a lot longer. I loved my room, number 236, balcony view was a great. I would wake up early and just sit out there and read, so peaceful. The entire hotel staff was so helpful and so nice, waiters, hostess, bar tenders all so GREAT! This hotel is just steps away from Medano Beach,and for a beach bum like myself it was perfect! Also Karla a worker at the hotel helped us plan all of our activities, she was so helpful and made us spend our small amount of time in Cabo doing great things! she was very helpful, polite and so friendly! she was GREAT!
Cant wait to go back and take my dad for fathers day! Thank you BAHIA! hope to be back real soon!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2012

My wife and I just came back from a quick last-minute weekend get-away to Cabo. We found a last minute deal online, and decided to give this place a shot. We flew in on Friday, and left on Sunday. The location is great considering the price. They do not have a view of The Sea of Cortez because of the other Hotel that was built in front of the Bahia, but that did not bother us, because we are still only 100' from the beach!
Everyone at the hotel was extremely nice and professional. We read other reviews about this hotel on Trip Adviser, and were a little hesitant about what to expect, but when we arrived, the hotel was extremely nice, and the rooms are GREAT! Yes, it is true that only the first two floors are renovated (At the moment), but we were speaking with Lee (The owner happen to pop in the weekend we were there) and he told us that they are scheduling to complete the other rooms renovation in September/October 2012 I believe.

Our room was room 202 and the quality was very nice. The bed was a little smaller than a standard queen size US bed, but it worked for the two of us. The room was Very clean, and the location was superb!

One of the other great things about this hotel is the restaurant. My wife and I travel ALOT, and this restaurant could have been in NYC with the quality of food and service. The ambiance is amazing and just perfect for an upscale Cabo night out.

This was our first trip to Cabo San Lucas, but after staying here, we are definitely going to return for a longer stay at the Bahia!

Room Tip: Any room facing the pool on the first or second floor will be great. All of the rooms facing the bac...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2012

My boyfriend and I came here for his birthday last April and I've been meaning to write a review ever since because I love this place! Not only was the price accommodating, the room was charming. With its bamboo bathroom and closet doors and a full kitchen I was in love. Even though I didn't need the kitchen because the restaurants around the Bahia were so good I couldn't stay away, I thought it was a great addition and when I go this April I will definitely make use of it. The best part of my trip and the main reason why I will always come back is because the beach is a 10 steps away and it is party central depending on where you walk, because of various hotels around. You can walk down the beach for a more intimate setting but we stood right where the Bahia beach club was and they had something going on everyday. With fun drinking games and other competitive games the time flew! The host JC is a great entertainer and said he's been there for 10 years so make sure to see him if you go! I truly recommend this place to anyone and I will forever have Bahia and Cabos st Lucas in my heart forever for showing me such a beautiful time and for being the place where him and I fell in love! Sice then we've been to other places, puerto Rico, Bahamas and we're going to st Thomas next week but so far nothing has compared.. Let's see :-) OH and it's right by the airport! Just get your own cab if not your going to have to wait for the car to be completely full with people before it takes off and that can take a while even though it's cheaper.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2012

The Bahia is a hidden treasure located about a block from the swimable Medano beach where you can rent your kayaks and leisurly kayak out to lovers beach or grab a glass bottom boat to the marina or wherever you want to go. P.S. barder, barder, BARDER for everything, even down to rented snorkel gear. Also, not a far walk to the marina where the other hub for bars, shopping and restaurants are.
You have options to go to the Mango deck or other various beach bars and grab a beer, but Bahia is far enough away that you can't hear the beach music blasting at night if you decide to relax for the evening. The restaurant Bar Esquina, located in the Bahia hotel is a hip yet laid back restaurant with a great open kitchen, tastey cocktails and beautiful outdoor patio. Little pricey, but worth it. Check out Sharkys next door for delicious yet reasonable fare, like $2 fish tacos. The room was clean and spacious and the pool was never crowded and has a swim up bar, score!

Room Tip: Rented room 130 through website "one click that's it". Google it! Sophia and Arturo ar...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RipCityRepin
Reviewed 1 February 2012

If you don't want the crowds or price of a big resort this is the place. One block from the beach centrally located nice staff check in and out was easy overall a really nice experience. Hey Lee you really need tables and chairs on the balconies of every room pretty crappy to sit on the floor out there but that is my only gripe.

• Stayed: December 2011
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Thank you for the review. I am sorry about the furniture or lack of. I will check to make sure they all have a table and chairs. Thank you pointing it out

Reviewed 31 January 2012

Very dissapointing front desk staff. Could not be less welcoming or helpfull. The management should take note and do something about this as I'm not the first person to comment in this issue. really nice restaurant where the staff are great. If you want beach front don't go to this hotel though pool is nice. Average hotel with nice bar and restaurant but poor front desk staff.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank rowrow99
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Thank you for rhe review. If you think you were disappointed imagine how i feel reading this review. We have made some changes at the front desk and continue training every day to avoid these types of problems. I allways stress that the first fifteen minuites are the most important. Sorry for any inconvience. I hope you have read the other reviews to show you that anyone can have a bad day or not preform up to there potential. On the whole i believe my staff does a great job and we are constantly working on improving.