The Bahia has plenty of potential but the service lacks a lot to be desired which is a real shame. Good location, a short walk to the beach (but much better value rates then the pure beachfront hotels in the area) and also walking distance to the marina and tonnes of restaurants.
The restaurant and bar are really really good, great food, good vibe, efficient service. It’s pricey yes, but worth the cost and the fact it was busy every night proves they are doing something right. The pool is quite nice and the staff at the pool bar were also very good.
They have obviously only renovated some rooms, so it’s worth paying a little more for the deluxe rooms as they have done a very nice job with these. Friends stayed in a classic room and it wasn’t anywhere near as nice. There are definitely some rooms that have noise issues, my first room was 101 and it was adjacent to a staff room of some sort, so I was woken numerous times through the night with staff coming and going, then early in the morning with housekeeping trolleys etc.
The biggest problem with the Bahia is the service, or lack thereof, from the reception staff. On arrival we were bluntly told our rooms would not be ready till the 4pm check-in time, without even checking if they might actually be ready then. After the 1st night noise issues, I requested to change rooms. The 1st response was come back this afternoon when housekeeping were finished servicing rooms, when I asked if I would definitely be able to move in the afternoon, the response was then that I could move for only 2 nights then back to the original room for another 2 nights. Then the story changed to it would be OK to move. Back to reception at 3.30pm to check, this time to be told management were in a meeting and would call me about 4pm when they finished. Still no contact by 4.30pm, so back to reception to be told management were still in a meeting. They then called housekeeping to check, so I sat at the desk and waited whilst housekeeping were checking. By this time I was getting frustrated, not helped by the fact the receptionist then started texting on her mobile phone. Finally I asked to call management out of their meeting, the operations manager promptly appeared and changed my rooms. Unfortunately this left me with a really poor impression of the hotel, which is a shame as most other aspects of it are great.
I hope the owners take some action with the service issues as it truly spoils what could be a really great hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bahia Hotel is a charming, full-service boutique hotel located in the heart of Cabo San Lucas' bustling Medano Beach district, steps from the activities, shopping, dining and nightlife for which Cabo is legendary. With its rich history, personalized service and intimate, welcoming environment, Bahia Hotel differentiates itself from the larger, homogenous chain hotels in Los Cabos. Bahia Hotel offers guests a luxury, urban-chic environment while maintaining the classic Cabo vibe.Bahia Hotel's new first-class restaurant, Bar Esquina, features a new twist on International creative cuisine in Cabo: Mexican influenced Mediterranean flavors using locally grown, organic produce; fresh fish from the Pacific & Sea of Cortez; and the highest quality meats cooked on a mesquite grill.If you are planning your first trip to Cabo, Bahia Hotel is the perfect choice: clean, safe, centrally-located and full of Cabo personality. If you are Cabo veteran, please stop by for quick tour of our beautifully remodeled property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Bahia Hotel & Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Hotel And Beach Club
- Bahia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Bahia Cabo San Lucas
- Bahia Hotel & Beach House Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico