“Fabulous establishment--best deal!”

Ranked #23 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Des Moines, Iowa
“Fabulous establishment--best deal!”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The hotel was gorgeous, and just one block away from medano beach. Our room (220) was newly remodeled, and had a microwave, 2 double beds with the most comfortable pillows, and a beautiful hammock out on the deck. I was a little worried from some of the reviews I read saying that you hear the kitchen at night... but it was not at all an issue in our room.The entire time the staff was extremely helpful and accomodating. For example there was one specific restaurant I wanted to try (read reviews on tripadvisor about it :)) but noone seemed to know where it was. But the guy at the front who called cabs didn't give up until he found me a driver who knew about it... I want to say his name is Miguel..or Mauricio.... but if not, they were all pretty amazing. Another time we couldn't get a hold of the person who booked our snorkle tour, so the front desk guy spent almost a half hour to help us. Really, there was no way we could have found a better deal. And we also tried out their paddleboarding through CaboSup and George was great with us! The lesson was only supposed to be for 15 minutes and we were supposed to just be paying for the board rental, but he came with us the entire time (no extra charge) to make sure we were okay because the waves were pretty big that day. I am so glad he did because there's no way we would have been able to stand up without him! The quality of service was outstanding all around for the entire trip and we are definately planning on coming back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was my second trip to Cabo and my wife's first trip and we couldn't of picked a better place to stay! The best part of this hotel definitely has to be their staff. Everyone their is so willing to help and go above and beyond to accommodate their guests. Karim, the front desk associate, was extremely helpful during our stay. When we first arrived at the hotel my wife had accidentally left her phone in our airport transportation. Needless to say, she was bummed about the phone. I asked Karim if he could contact the transportation company, which he did, and ask about the phone. Once he called, he said they would look for it and let us know. By the time me and wife got back from dinner he had informed us that he had our phone returned to the hotel and my wife had her phone back! She was ecstatic and it was all because of his help. The front desk staff is amazing and so is the restaurant staff. We loved the pool area and the bar/swim up bar is great! The raspberry mojitos are extremely good at the pool bar! Me and wife ate breakfast every morning at the hotel, Bar Esquina, and it was really really good. Another great perk is the location of the hotel. The beach is only a block away and there are also a few good restaurants and bars (Mango Deck, The Office, etc.) which are right on the beach. Me and my wife frequented the downtown bars as well which is only a short 6-10 minute walk. Want to go to the marina? Even a shorter walk, only like 5 minutes! I can't say enough good things about this hotel. This was actually my last block leave with my wife before I deploy to Afghanistan and the hotel and staff made this a great experience for the both of us. We will definitely be visiting Cabo again and will, without a doubt, being staying at Hotel Bahia.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are nice! We had a great view of the pool area as well as other parts of Cabo!
3 Thank Xavier G
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The location couldn't be beat. Not right on the beach, but a stone's throw away. The establishment was clean and my visit was comparable to the rate. Albeit a great time, I wanted to share that hotel management is not into details, so be weary and attentive. I had originally booked a double classic, and after calling and emailing to confirm before the trip, they only had a single to offer with cots... not a pleasant sleeping environment for a full week. Most recently and months after our stay, my card was charged an additional random charge from them equaling 30% more than my original stay. It was unknown how this was charged to my card number. More importantly, this has been rectified, however I share my cautions regarding their bookkeeping.
I possibly would attempt to stay here again, but with a very short leash, since the location was great.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Katie K
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Reviewed 24 March 2012

As one of the Bahia Hotels largest customers it is amazing even with some of our largest and most critical corporate groups Lee, Meredith and the entire staff gets 5 stars. From the time the Wide Open Cabo clients check in the attention to detail and personal service is second to none. Our high net worth clients love the lifestyle atmosphere and with no time share component "no sales pressure" is what we are looking for. Walking distance to Medano Beach and in addition to the Bar Esquina on property there is a dozen excellent restaurants in the neighborhood. For over a year straight hundreds of our clients have not had one complaint!

Room Tip: Pool side is always a treat
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We recommended the Bahia Hotel as one of the hotels for our wedding guests. The hotel was so accomodating at each step in the whole process and all our guests loved staying there. It is by far the best value we have found in Cabo San Lucas, especially for the location right in town. It is not one of the large resorts you usually find in Cabo, but it is upscale, the food is excellent, service amazing and has more character than most of the places you find here. They were so flexible with absolutely everything we needed. We stayed there in one of the deluxe rooms and we loved it, beds are very comfortable, AC is great, absolutely no complaints. I would absolutely recommend this hotel for anyone considering going to Cabo.

2 Thank Devon A
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I'm late in posting this... My hubby and I booked at Bahai for New Years. Upon arrival we were told our room type was not available and we were being transfered to a huge resort with an upgrade to the pacific side of Cabo. We reluctantly agreed to the transfer. When we arrived at the big resort we couldn't even get to the elevator without being attacked by timeshare folks. To get anywhere on the hotel property we had to call for a golf cart. It was horrible, we booked the Bahia for its location to downtown and we were so unhappy to be stuck on the Pacific side. We called the Bahia and let them know how unhappy we were and they found a different room type for us. They came to get us from the resort and put us up in a perfect room. (we has asked fow two queens and settled for a one queen room) Our trip turned out great being back at the Bahai, the pool and hot tub were wonderful, the pizza is to die for, I actually carried a pizza back home with me it was so good. The staff was accomodating and friendly at every encounter. We did not use the beach club as we prefer to hang out at the Mango Deck, but it was nice to have hotel towels to take to the beach each day and to come back to a clean inexpensive room. We will be back!

2 Thank akknot
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Returned from Cabo for destination wedding. The hotel is very nice, rooms are large and comfortable. Food in restaurant was excellent. Only problem was you felt as if the hallways and bar were in your room. Extremely noisy.
Best part of hotel was staff, especially Matias at the front entrance. Wonderfully helpful in every way. Location excellent. Stay but bring earplugs.

Room Tip: not on first floor
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
Thank you for your review. We have taken several steps to eliminate the noise from the bar and Restraunt.
We believe that our front desk and bellman are a very important of the guest experience and matias is doing a great job. Hope to see you again soon.