Bahia Hotel & Beach House
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$458
US$398
  • Breakfast included
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$162
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$867
US$846
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$323
US$261
Melia.com
  • Pool
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$782
US$215
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$202
  • Breakfast included
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$610
Hotels.com
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$306
US$299
US$3,439
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$149
1,224 results
All reviewsbar esquinamedano beachpool barclassic roomhotel restaurantrenovated roomminute walk to the beachsmall hotelmango deckcoffee makerpool viewspring breakdowntown cabolounge chairsgreat tripfood and drinkstime share
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The good parts: short walk to beach (5 min), nice restaurant, friendly & helpful staff, central location, walk to marina/shops (10 min).

The bad parts: old, broken plumbing, poor water pressure, old sinks, appliances and faucets, very noisy (pool area music 11am-9pm & front of hotel until 2am), no privacy in bathroom since doors are made of broken bamboo, WiFi was spotty at best.

This is a hotel for Spring Break kids since it's close to the Mango Deck and the Office. The hotel was "refurbished" but only one 1-2 floors. Most of the hotel is older and has broken plumbing.

We had hairs on our shirts and in our shower. The air conditioning was too noisy to use. But you couldn't open the windows or the outdoor music would keep you awake.

Next time, we'd stay at Casa Dorado or Hacienda.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool are noisy until 9pm. Rooms overlooking the road are noisy due to partiers.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank bluetks
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My husband and I recently returned from 4 nights at the Bahia. We had a great time and can't wait to return. The lobby and common areas are beautifully and tastefully remodeled and feel very Mexico chic. My only warning would be that the price is right for the classic rooms and the rooms big enough to house a lot, a LOT, of Spring Breakers in one room - in our case, on either side of us. That said, we'd still go back and here's why.

The Service: We met one of the owners, Lee (and his adorable dog Bahia) on our first day at the hotel. We saw him every day after that too and he was always very friendly, making sure we were having a nice time, etc. The staff was amazing, Kayla and Karim at the front and, of course, Diego at the bar. He makes a mean daiquiri.

Bar Esquina: My husband and I like to eat. A lot. Tiny ethnic dives and high-end Napa restaurants, we like it all. This restaurant is FANTASTIC; we ate almost every meal here. The breakfast, the pizzas, the charcuterie and cheese plate, the chocolate-cherry bomb, the lime pie, I could go on and on (see, told you we ate a lot). The service here, as well, is impeccable. Guillermo was awesome as were the other servers. I don't think there's a bad thing on the menu.

Pool: beautiful and relaxing, with VERY comfortable beds (seriously! BEDS!) and cabanas when you need shade. Despite being there during Spring Break, the college kids were actually all very respectful and it was never crowded. There's a group of regulars who hang out at the bar who are so fun. Again, service is great. People bringing us towels when they ran out, etc.

Room: can only speak to the "classic" room which is pretty bare bones. Next time, we'll splurge on the Deluxe room for more comfortable accommodations. The room itself was totally fine and clean but nothing fantastic. Great if you just want a bed to sleep in but if you want more luxurious accommodations, I'd go for the Deluxe room.

No problems with check-in or check-out, no surprise fees, etc. There are mini fridges stocked with water, gatorade (to nurse those infamous Cabo hangovers), soda, beer, etc. The refreshments are expensive so walk to the mini market literally next door and grab some refreshments to keep in the fridge.

It was loud because of the Spring Breakers. We had to call downstairs a couple times when it got very bad and they were very nice about it. We anticipated this and brought earplugs which made things just fine. All in all, a great time and we'll be back.

Room Tip: Book a Deluxe for more luxurious accommodations (away from the Spring Breakers)
4  Thank ImWithCoco
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The hotel was gorgeous, and just one block away from medano beach. Our room (220) was newly remodeled, and had a microwave, 2 double beds with the most comfortable pillows, and a beautiful hammock out on the deck. I was a little worried from some of the reviews I read saying that you hear the kitchen at night... but it was not at all an issue in our room.The entire time the staff was extremely helpful and accomodating. For example there was one specific restaurant I wanted to try (read reviews on tripadvisor about it :)) but noone seemed to know where it was. But the guy at the front who called cabs didn't give up until he found me a driver who knew about it... I want to say his name is Miguel..or Mauricio.... but if not, they were all pretty amazing. Another time we couldn't get a hold of the person who booked our snorkle tour, so the front desk guy spent almost a half hour to help us. Really, there was no way we could have found a better deal. And we also tried out their paddleboarding through CaboSup and George was great with us! The lesson was only supposed to be for 15 minutes and we were supposed to just be paying for the board rental, but he came with us the entire time (no extra charge) to make sure we were okay because the waves were pretty big that day. I am so glad he did because there's no way we would have been able to stand up without him! The quality of service was outstanding all around for the entire trip and we are definately planning on coming back.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was my second trip to Cabo and my wife's first trip and we couldn't of picked a better place to stay! The best part of this hotel definitely has to be their staff. Everyone their is so willing to help and go above and beyond to accommodate their guests. Karim, the front desk associate, was extremely helpful during our stay. When we first arrived at the hotel my wife had accidentally left her phone in our airport transportation. Needless to say, she was bummed about the phone. I asked Karim if he could contact the transportation company, which he did, and ask about the phone. Once he called, he said they would look for it and let us know. By the time me and wife got back from dinner he had informed us that he had our phone returned to the hotel and my wife had her phone back! She was ecstatic and it was all because of his help. The front desk staff is amazing and so is the restaurant staff. We loved the pool area and the bar/swim up bar is great! The raspberry mojitos are extremely good at the pool bar! Me and wife ate breakfast every morning at the hotel, Bar Esquina, and it was really really good. Another great perk is the location of the hotel. The beach is only a block away and there are also a few good restaurants and bars (Mango Deck, The Office, etc.) which are right on the beach. Me and my wife frequented the downtown bars as well which is only a short 6-10 minute walk. Want to go to the marina? Even a shorter walk, only like 5 minutes! I can't say enough good things about this hotel. This was actually my last block leave with my wife before I deploy to Afghanistan and the hotel and staff made this a great experience for the both of us. We will definitely be visiting Cabo again and will, without a doubt, being staying at Hotel Bahia.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are nice! We had a great view of the pool area as well as other parts of Cabo!
3  Thank Xavier G
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The location couldn't be beat. Not right on the beach, but a stone's throw away. The establishment was clean and my visit was comparable to the rate. Albeit a great time, I wanted to share that hotel management is not into details, so be weary and attentive. I had originally booked a double classic, and after calling and emailing to confirm before the trip, they only had a single to offer with cots... not a pleasant sleeping environment for a full week. Most recently and months after our stay, my card was charged an additional random charge from them equaling 30% more than my original stay. It was unknown how this was charged to my card number. More importantly, this has been rectified, however I share my cautions regarding their bookkeeping.
I possibly would attempt to stay here again, but with a very short leash, since the location was great.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends