My boyfriend and I stayed at the Bahia on our 2nd trip to Cabo. We luckily got a Groupon Deal which was awesome. The hotel is boutique style, small enough to feel personal but large enough to have privacy and very peaceful. The ambiance is very relaxing and the lighting especially at night is very romantic in the hallways (especially the 1st and 2nd floors). The pool is VERY relaxing and the pool side beds are so comfortable i noticed everyone couldn't help but fall asleep there...its perfect location to get the ocean breeze. There are multiple hammocks throughout the building which are so relaxing to layout on. The hotel is literally like a 2 minute walk to the beach, 5-7 minute walk to marina and 7-10 to heart of downtown............we saved a TON on taxi fare compared to our last stay at the RIU. Couldn't ask for a better location....of course the beach isn't at your doorsteps but neither is the noise of boats and jetskis, or the constant stares of the beach "salesmen". And its literally a hop, skip jump away when your ready for it.
We got the romance package which was very romantic...there was turndown service with candles, chocolates, a flower in vase and massage oil. The birthday cake was DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!! All the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The bonus is you can make free calls to the US!!!! How awesome is that. Also there is free wifi in the common areas and luckily we could pick up signal on our balcony as we were over the lobby.
The rooms are very plain and simple with white walls and very little wall decorations and such BUT the beds and pillows are extremely comfortable. Gives you a private room on an island kinda feel. They are suite style so there is a stove and fridge(stocked as minibar) which we didn't use. The balcony is large and the seating chairs are comfortable. The shower is very nice with the large waterfall type shower head.....there was a little issue with maintaining water temperature but didnt bother me much as hot showers weren't really the thing to do in July.
We absolutely LOVED our stay and highly recommend it. We did all inclusive last trip and although the "resort style" trip was fun, we rarely left the resort and when we did we payed alot in taxi fare to and from. At Bahia with its awesome location we really got to explore Cabo and see so much more!!!
I would definitely stay here again.
A few tips. There is a minimart down the street from Bahia (to the left when walk out lobby) that has most essentials (water, beer,wine, snacks).There is a cool taco spot last store on right on the way to beach that has $1 beer, $3 2-for-1 margaritas, and $1.50 tacos that are DELICIOUS and safe to eat. La Ricazon is 2 blocks away and has good margaritas, crab cakes and seafood. There is a restaurant 1 block down (opposite direction of beach) on the right that has awesome breakfast at a great price. If your looking for a great place to go eat in the marina try Ole Ole.
If you are walking to marina or downtown- ask someone in the lobby and avoid going the long route :) ENJOY!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bahia Hotel is a charming, full-service boutique hotel located in the heart of Cabo San Lucas' bustling Medano Beach district, steps from the activities, shopping, dining and nightlife for which Cabo is legendary. With its rich history, personalized service and intimate, welcoming environment, Bahia Hotel differentiates itself from the larger, homogenous chain hotels in Los Cabos. Bahia Hotel offers guests a luxury, urban-chic environment while maintaining the classic Cabo vibe.Bahia Hotel's new first-class restaurant, Bar Esquina, features a new twist on International creative cuisine in Cabo: Mexican influenced Mediterranean flavors using locally grown, organic produce; fresh fish from the Pacific & Sea of Cortez; and the highest quality meats cooked on a mesquite grill.If you are planning your first trip to Cabo, Bahia Hotel is the perfect choice: clean, safe, centrally-located and full of Cabo personality. If you are Cabo veteran, please stop by for quick tour of our beautifully remodeled property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bahia Hotel & Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Hotel And Beach Club
- Bahia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Bahia Cabo San Lucas
- Bahia Hotel & Beach House Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico