“Good quality for the money”

Bahia Hotel & Beach House
Ranked #23 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Marysville, California
“Good quality for the money”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at Bahia the first week of August 2012. We spent 6 days and 5 nights at the hotel. We stayed of the 4th floor, the first impression of the room was pretty average. Nothing special, queen sized bed, older television, we had a view of the pool, but no patio. The room was clean, it didn't feel like it had just been cleaned, but it was fine. The bed was really hard compared to our bed, but it worked out.

The 4th night all electricity went out of the 4th floor. I called down stairs and they said they would hopefully have everything back on in an hour. Over an hour goes by and still nothing, they said they would move us into another room that had electricty and AC. We were moved next door to the same layout of our original room.

The pool at the hotel was too warm some of the times for me, but it was still relaxing. The swim up bar was neat. You can order food and drinks without getting out. The food was fresh and you know it was made to order.

You can walk from the hotel to the beach in two minutes. We spend a lot of time on the beach and at the marina. Walking to the marina took around ten minutes if you hustled. Walking back to the hotel was the worst, due to the huge hills you have to walk up, but it was easier and less expensive than paying for a taxi.

If I was to return to Cabo, I would stay here again. The staff was nice and even though it took longer to get a room with electricity, they were able to get us moved in a short amount ot time.

Room Tip: They were doing construction work on the bottom floor next to the pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thegame2k3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My friends and I found this hotel on Groupon on decided to give it a try. Best decision ever! It was close to the main beach and to downtown. The rooms were clean and had mini kitchens with a fridge that made it so easy to keep water and anything else chilled. The staff was amazing and beyond friendly. The pool bar has happy hour all day and the hotel restaurant was delicious. I would definetly recommend this hotel and will for sure be going back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarbear221
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I stayed at The Bahia Beach Resort the week of July 9th 2012 and really enoyed my stay! This was my second trip to Mexico, however I cruised the first time and did not see the town like I
did this trip! I went with my BFF, MiMi for her belated B-Day & upon checking in at The Bahia,
the staff were great and helpful. I loved the lobby with open, airy lounge feeling & how you can
walk right through to the pool bar was great! Our Delux Queen Room was very nice & spaceous!

I loved the clean white linens & the flat screen, microwave and the refriderator was nice to have! We had a great patio with comfy chairs & even a hammock with fresh flowers all around
made for a great stay. My only trouble is the beds are on a concrete platform & was a bit too
hard for me to sleep on! I had to find a comfy spot before I could fall asleep. I did love all the
pillows the give you on your bed! Our maid was great! She kept that room spotless & neat!

The pool was very nice & the pool bar even better! The Bahia pool bar offers 2 for 1 drinks &
you can order snaks too from the hotels resturant too! This resort is very near Medano Beach
and great local resturants like Cafe' Americano just on the corner! Ask the concierge & they will
direct you to great local places around The Bahia & the Marina area too! Stay at The Bahia Hotel
& Beach Resort if you want to be in the heart of Cabo's beach, nightclub & resturant district! I
promise you will love the value for your money & great the feeling of being treated like Family!

Also, Cabo is very safe & when my BFF & I visited The Bahia Resort, we saw the hotels security
keeping a watchful eye on all guest and visitors a like! We felt very safe there! Enjoy, I did!!

Room Tip: If you like your sleep while on holiday like I do, maybe don't choose a room on the lower level...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank prettynblaque
Reviewed 11 August 2012

This was a late Birthday trip for me planned by my BFF and our first time in Mexico so I was excited and nervous. Upon our arrival at the Bahia Hotel and Beach club,every member of the staff that we had dealings with treated us like royalty. Everyone was so friendly, pleasant and helpful. The grounds are beautiful. Everything is very open so there are hammocks along the walkways overlooking the pool, lots and flowers and plants, hanging wind chimes, lounge areas,etc. Our room was great! Very spacious,my bed was comfy, nice mounted flat screen, and the balcony was breathtaking with plants and flowers outlining the walls,table and chairs for lounging as well as a hammock and a flower garden in front of the the balcony. There is one restaurant on the property that is pricy but delicious! The decor is wonderful and at night the heat lamps are lit providing a sexy atmosphere for couples and friends. If you are on a budget there are plenty of reasonable places to eat in the area. The pool area is lovely with lounge chairs, open cabanas with beds and pulled curtains, swim up bar where every night there is happy hour on drinks (2 for 1), speakers throughout softly playing Caribbean, Latin and other mood creating music. If you want to play in the ocean instead of the pool, Madano beach is located 1 block from the Bahia. The Bahia is in a great location, it is in walking distance of many shopping areas,restaurants, nightclubs, bars, and the Marina. It does not have nearly as many amenities as a resort but tell you the truth I didn't miss them. Because me and my BFF love exploring, we were out taking in Cabo rather then lounging around all day in our room. Checkout was a breeze and the second set of staffers were just as pleasant as the first. We will be visiting the Bahia Hotel and Beach Club again very soon!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Reviewed 11 August 2012

After reading all of the reviews for this hotel i decided to stay here. The services was excellent, the restaurant was pretty good as well. The problem i had was the rooms. They were so outdated that i almost was gonna get a different hotel...I would not stay there again, just that simple.

Room Tip: cant really suggest considering my stay.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank dabears54
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Thank you for the review. We have renovated the rooms on the first two floors. We have built the new bar esquina and re done the common areas and all of the infrastructure and are continuing the renovation to complete the rest of the rooms.
The non renovated rooms have new linens and some like them due to the old school charm and price point. I hope you give us another try when you come back to cabo and please book a deluxe room. I think it will be more to your satisfation.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 11 August 2012

So this review is different than most because my husband & I did not even stay at this hotel during our trip. Unfortunately we ended up at this hotel after our backpack (with EVERYTHING in it was stolen from the beach...dumb that we had everything in there-yeah we know, but moving on). We met an American family that was staying at the Bahia & when they heard us telling a police officer what happened they offered the use of their phone because they had free calls to the states. We made some calls from their room, but needed internet access to get all the numbers we needed. The hotel manager Lorena looked up numbers for us, gave us the phone and said, "call whoever you need to". She called Avis to have them bring us a spare key for our rental car, gave us money out of her wallet to get out of the parking garage and even gave me a T-shirt (I was in my bikini top-like I said, EVERYTHING was in that backpack!). The owner Lee came down and asked us what happened. He went to the bar where it was stolen and tried to get any information...nothing came of this, but the effort alone made us feel better. The ambiance was beautiful on the inside of the lobby and the room that we saw. We had wished we stayed there! Anyways, my whole point of this review was to show that the management/owners of Bahia care about people and the experience that they have. If we ever went back to Cabo, we would stay there in a heartbeat because we know that if there were any issue it would be taken care of and we would feel safe. They helped us so much at a time when we really needed it and felt lost.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Leslie B
Thank you for the review. I remember this day well. It was an unfortunate situation but I was proud of the way Lorena handled the situation (I was not suprised, she is a tremendous employee).
I really appreciate you taking the time to write the review and hope the only damage was a loss of quality vacation time and the stress of figuring everything out.

Lee
indian wells, ca
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We've just returned from Cabo and our second stay at Bahia Hotel. The first visit was in 2010 when there was still renovation going on. Everything seems to be complete now. It has a very trendy feel. The rooms and public spaces are nicely decorated and maintained. The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. All in all, great value and great location. We'll return.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple