“Perfect spot for mother-daughter getaway!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bahia Hotel & Beach House

Bahia Hotel & Beach House
Ranked #22 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Manhattan Beach, California
“Perfect spot for mother-daughter getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

The Bahia Hotel & Beach Club had great reviews on tripadvisor, so when I saw a great deal I jumped at the chance to book this quick 4 night getaway for myself, my best friend and our moms. This boutique hotel a block from Medano Beach was in a perfect location. The service and staff at the Bahia were as amazing as I had read. We didn't even mind a day of rain. Our adjoining upgraded rooms were fantastic, though we were hesitant about them being on the street level. The street was quiet so it didn't matter a bit. Our only issue was that the rooms were pretty dark. The decorative lighting was lovely, but the moms had trouble seeing. Yes, the wifi is iffy and best at the pool, but I was thankful because it forced me to unplug. The free calls to the US are a GREAT feature!

Artistic, stylish decor throughout and an impressive restaurant/bar with awesome food added to our positive experience. The variety and quality of the food offered at the Esquina Coffee shop, restaurant/bar was excellent for the four of us: (two vegetarians, one very pregnant and eating for two, and one foodie).

We spent most of our time down at the beach a mere block away, but also enjoyed the quiet pool area at the hotel. If you are looking for a large luxury Americanized hotel, this hotel is not for you. If you are looking for a stylish, hip, authentic place with impeccable and friendly service where you feel like you're at home; this is it. The Bahia Cabo is a fabulous find and I will definitely go back!

Room Tip: Though a bit dark, the upgraded remodeled rooms are worth a little extra.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ashbeachbum
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Thank you for your review. I will address the lighting issue and check all rooms. We are always happy to hear that we have created special memories especially when it's family. We have created a very loyal guests who return when ever they travel to CABO. We know that people have choices and value return customers.
Thanks again for taking the time to write the review

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is a small hotel with a pool and a restaurant on site. No other amenities, for a gym you have to use the hotel across the street. And when you go there they try to get you in a time share presentation. ( Be aware of this all over town, specially in the airport).
The room we were in was an old room, one queen bed. I understand there is also some renovated rooms. I can not speak of them. Our room was facing the pool, it had a nice size balcony with chairs and a table. The room had a outdated kitchen that you could not use as it had no pot or pans. We weren't planning to cook anyways, I just thought it was funny you had a kitchen but nothing to cook with.
Bathroom was alright but no blow dryer or an iron in the room. You can request these items and they do bring them to your room.
The hotel is in a great location one block to the bleach and a few blocks down to the marina. Staff were friendly and willing to help with anything we had requested.
Overall it was a pleasant one week stay. However, if you are looking for luxury this is not the place to stay.
The restaurant on site has fantastic food but not cheap. Pool was clean and had a swim up bar.
I would not go back to this hotel but at the same time if you are looking just for a reasonable room and rate with nothing fancy I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms.
2 Thank Adolmoni
Thank you for your review. Our hotel guests are very appreciative of the fact that we are not a timeshare resort. We do not allow anyone to talk to our guests but when you leave the resort we can not prevent resort approaching our guests. My recommendation is to say no gracias and move on. If our guests are curious we can help them buy directing them to an appropriate resort.
As far as the room we are renovating rooms all the time and providing any amenities that are lacking now at the front desk.
Thank you for taking the time to write the review and helping future guests
Beverly Hills, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for a few days while visiting Cabo. The new remodeled rooms are amazing! Everyone was friendly and accommodating...even the owner (Lee) whom I was fortunate enough to meet. He's awesome!

Wifi is an issue as many people have expressed in previous reviews. However, Lee is working on improving it. The company that provides the wifi is in the process of upgrading the service. The wifi is offered free which is great. So I personally did not complain. Also, free calls to anywhere in the United States are offered at Bahia. On top of that, it is in close proximity to everything in San Lucas. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for your review. As you have stated we are in the process of fixing the wifi. We are also continuing to remodel rooms this fall and expand our concierge and activities center.
Welcome to the Bahia family and hope to see you soon. Don't forget to like us on the cabosup Facebook page and the hotels facebbook page
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

Booking/Check-In:
I chose this hotel because of a corporate discount. I corresponded with Carlos via email to reserve a room the day before I was to arrive (it was a very last-minute trip), and he responded promptly. The very lovely Ana checked me in and gave me two key cards, the wifi password, a map, a card for borrowing beach towels, and some helpful information about the area. Great laid-back service. I did not use the services of the concierge, but I'm sure s/he would have been very helpful, and there were plenty of people around willing to help you with directions, to find a restaurant, or to call for transport. Everyone speaks English, but they do appreciate/compliment you if you speak Spanish, so try.

The Room:
#430. Classic single with a queen bed, plenty of space to move around. Very soft and clean linens. Clean tile floor. Older television with both Spanish and English channels, but you're in Cabo, you shouldn't be watching TV anyway. The room had a kitchenette with a full countertop, stove/oven, sink, dishes, and mini-fridge stocked with water and soda (extra charge, prices are listed on a card in pesos). The bathroom had a stand-up shower and toilet. Right outside the bathroom was the sink, which had plenty of counter space, and a closet. I got shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion, and soap.

The only downsides that I found with the room was that the shower's water temperature would vary and I had to fiddle with the knobs quite a bit, and that the door separating the shower/toilet and the sink barely offered any privacy.

Wifi was only accessible in common areas, but I was able to access it outside from the balcony, which faced the pool. The balcony had two chairs and a small table. Limited, but nice view.

The Rest of the Hotel:
The lobby had a nice jug of lemon and cucumber-infused water at the front desk. There were numerous sofas and chairs for lounging so you could make yourself comfortable while accessing the internet. The pool was good-sized and very clean with a swim-up bar at the end. This is where you go to borrow towels for use at the pool or the beach. You can exchange your towels for fresh ones while the bar is open. There were single and double loungers and lounge-beds with canopies. The bar made very good strawberry and lime margaritas for $5 USD.

I had breakfast at the restaurant once, which was very pricey ($45 USD, for breakfast for two people) but the quality of food and service made up for it. Fresh eggs, smoked salmon, fruit, and good coffee. Very friendly, attentive service.

The Location:
About one block from Medano Beach. The beach was pretty noisy, so the Bahia was a nice refuge since it's set back. If you want an ocean view, you'll have to book a hotel that's directly on the beach. The marina/shopping mall was a short 5 to 10-minute walk. Restaurants and shops everywhere in between. The area was well-lit and populated, and I felt very safe.

Other Tips:
*There is a convenience store at the end of the block. You can buy a gallon jug of cold spring water for $2 USD, along with beer and snacks, instead of using the mini-bar. The tap water is fine to drink but I'm picky.
*Housekeeping comes around pretty early, so don't forget to hang your "do not disturb" placard if you would like to sleep in.
*When you use the elevator, "PB" is "planta baja" and is the lobby floor.

If I get the chance to return to Cabo, I will definitely stay here again.

8 Thank Ponjeng
Thank you for your review. Carlos our reservations manager has been with us for four years. He started at the front desk and has been promoted to reservations manager. Ana is also a great employee and is very helpful at the front desk. We have a saying that the first fifteen minutes are the most important and we strive to get people checked in and settles and on vacation as quick as possible.
Your review was very informative, thank you
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We chose this hotel as we had a wonderful time at the same resort in Dominican Republic. We were not disappointed. We enjoyed the same level of service. This place is a lot lot bigger than dom rep. The spa, swimming with dolphins is a must. I even took part in the karaoke much to the embarrassment of my kids :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Bahia, pretty much had it all. Early morning coffee shop (don't count on punctuality!), great restaurant, pool (1 meter deep, warm, but still refreshing), pool bar, hammocks and great service.

They do have pretty good wifi, as advertised, but you have to be in the lobby or the pool bar (such tribulations!) to access it. We had the basic-single room, and it was spacious, cool (97 F outside), and had a great shower and a comfortable bed. Plenty of English television and, of course, the Simpson's dubbed in Spanish.

The staff were friendly and accommodating. We took a cab one night, but other than that just walked to the beach and marina even with the midday heat.

Great time, I'll stay there again.

2 Thank Michael K
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I booked the Bahia Hotel for a stay for myself and two 18 year old ladies. The reason I chose the Bahia was due to the great location to the beach, marina and other hot spots in the area. Our stay was fabulous the staff, especially Matias were always helpful and very friendly I really like the smaller hotel as I've stayed at many of the larger hotels and just really preferred this over the big mega resorts. The bedding and rooms were very comfortable and clean. We can't wait to return to the Bahia!

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower levels have been renovated very nicely!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank frozengirlie
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy to agree with you and tell you that Matias is a great employee. We feel that personalized service is critical to guest satisfation. He is at the front door to help with anybodys needs or questions,and welcome our gusts.
I also agree with you that we are very different from the large hotels. We like to get to know our guests and help create memories for a lifetime.