Bahia is a smaller boutique hotel located a block away from Medano Beach and within a 5-10 min. walk into town and the marina. There are also a few great restaurants within a couple blocks serving up pretty awesome local cuisine. Bahia also has a wonderful restaurant located inside the hotel called Bar Esquina which I highly recommend for a nice meal.
Although not situated on beachfront property, Bahia has a lovely pool area with swim-up bar and food service. We spent several afternoons lounging at the pool checking up on emails while logging onto the free WiFi (only available in public areas and not in individual rooms). The hotel also has a "Beach Club" about a block away on the beach where you can relax on reclining lounge chairs and enjoy the beautiful view as long as you purchase food/drink. Be aware that in this area of Medano Beach there are a ton of vendors that will pester you nonstop with souvenirs. Just be prepared for this-- a firm but polite "no" seems to do the trick and send them on their way.
We stayed on the 4th floor overlooking the pool which was great and it never got loud at all. We had a more outdated room which was fine for us. Rooms were a good value considering the price- they were clean, towels changed daily, had a refrigerator, and all the basics. Bed was definitely on the firm side. And as mentioned in other reviews and photos, the bathroom door offers little privacy as they're made from attaching sticks of bamboo together. This did not really bother us, but it might be an issue for others. One thing I wished they had was an in-room safe. They do have a safe room on the lobby level which guests could use and had a secured process for allowing access. Only 1 guest was allowed at a time with a hotel employee escort. There was also a sign-in sheet for each time the room was accessed. We used this service and had no issues at all with it.
The hotel does not have a gym on premise but all you have to do is ask the front desk for some gym passes at their partner hotel ME Cabo a couple blocks away. We used the gym a couple times during our visit. It's a smaller gym with a couple cardio machines, weight machines, and free weights. All hotel staff we encountered were polite and very helpful. I will definitely consider Bahia again on my next trip to Cabo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bahia Hotel is a charming, full-service boutique hotel located in the heart of Cabo San Lucas' bustling Medano Beach district, steps from the activities, shopping, dining and nightlife for which Cabo is legendary. With its rich history, personalized service and intimate, welcoming environment, Bahia Hotel differentiates itself from the larger, homogenous chain hotels in Los Cabos. Bahia Hotel offers guests a luxury, urban-chic environment while maintaining the classic Cabo vibe.Bahia Hotel's new first-class restaurant, Bar Esquina, features a new twist on International creative cuisine in Cabo: Mexican influenced Mediterranean flavors using locally grown, organic produce; fresh fish from the Pacific & Sea of Cortez; and the highest quality meats cooked on a mesquite grill.If you are planning your first trip to Cabo, Bahia Hotel is the perfect choice: clean, safe, centrally-located and full of Cabo personality. If you are Cabo veteran, please stop by for quick tour of our beautifully remodeled property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Bahia Hotel & Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Hotel And Beach Club
- Bahia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Bahia Cabo San Lucas
- Bahia Hotel & Beach House Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico