“Decent hotel but BYO everything”

Bahia Hotel & Beach House
Ranked #26 of 73 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have stayed at the Bahia before and love the location, the pool area, the decor and the restaurant. The staff has always been friendly and welcoming. This is a great hotel to stay at for a few days if you book it for cheap on skyauction.com before a timeshare week at another hotel.
We ended up in Cabo after a week stay in La Paz and wanted to stay at the Bahia. Yikes, the rack / walk in rates are outrageous. They wanted to charge me more for a walk up price than online prices. I asked if I could sit in the lobby and book it on my phone (which is quite ridiculous). He did honor the online pricing but after taxes and all I think I could have stayed across the street at Casa Dorada for the same price.
So not getting off to a good start and paying fffffull price, this time I was just irritated by the lack of everything in these rooms. There was no kitchen light (it was plastered over as well as the light switch) but thats fine because the kitchen is basically useless anyway. I know they will provide a pan or pot and hair dryer upon request but come on, even motel 6 has these amenities in the rooms. They claim the hair dryers get stolen, so why not install them on the wall? A glass or two would be handy as well as a microwave instead of the useless stove/oven. What good is the coffee cups with no coffee maker or pan to heat water? I know its not a 5* place but these seem like basic items.
I will say the beds are super comfy and the bathroom/showers are large and nicely modernized. The free internet is very generous and handy to have. We enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi, nice spot to relax after the beach!
I will return, just wishing they would add a few creature comforts to make the stay more enjoyable (at any price).

Room Tip: even numbered rooms face the street, odd face the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank smrbrz
Write a ReviewReviews (1,165)

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have been to Cabo 4 times now and can truly say that the Bahia Hotel is the most hospitable and accommodating place I have stayed in. Im in my younger 20's and love going to this place cause the location is perfect for going to the main beach to enjoy mango deck, the office, etc., during the day and still being walking distance from the best night life spots in the city. As far as staying at the hotel, my friends and I quickly became well acquainted with the staff after treating us so well on our first stay at the Bahia that after being there for ten minutes on our second stay there the bartender Maria quickly remembered us and made sure that our trip was perfect along with the staff at the main desk. The restaurant has the best selection of breakfast, lunch, and dinner that I personally have been to in Cabo San Lucas. The Bahia gives great deals for their rooms which is one of the main reasons we go back there year after year and will definitely be staying at The Bahia for more years to come!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Their space is well decorated, very cool vibe. At check in, they indicated they had upgraded me to a deluxe room. I had booked a deluxe room, so there was no real upgrade. Also did not receive a 'welcome drink' as indicated in my Jetsetter reservation. The staff was very friendly & helpful. Did not have dinner at the hotel, b/c the menu looked very heavy for such a warm climate, but the breakfast was great, as was the juice/coffee bar.

My gripe is that I went on a vacation w/ my husband first week of April. Aka Spring Break. The hotel was overrun w/ bros & hoes. They yelled and screamed and raged into the wee hours of the morn. This property was great, but I absolutely will not travel to Cabo during the months of March or April ever again.

Room Tip: Delux room room by the pool was very noisey b/c of the spring breakers.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hollywoodgoody
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My friends and I were there last week-end and I must say this hotel exceeded our expectations. From the moment I called in to check rates I felt comfortable, made my reservation with anticipation and everything was perfect. Manuel, the concierge, helped me book airport transfers at a very good rate. Rooms were clean, comfy, spacious and they had a balcony. We got sort of a penthouse, wich was very good for us. The best features for this hotel are: service, location (so close to Medano beach) and price.
Food also amazing. Thanks to all of the hotel's staff for making our Bachelorette trip such a smooth one!

1  Thank Paulina F
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed in Cabo at the Bahia for two nights with a friend and cannot recommend it enough. The hotel’s location is perfect; a block from the beach and a very short walk to the bars and clubs. It had a warm and trendy feel and the staff went to every effort to make sure that our stay was pleasant. We were so impressed with the hotel’s restaurant, Bar Esquina, that we ate dinner there both nights. There was live music, a great crowd, and it felt like a restaurant you might find in Los Angeles’ Manhattan Beach or Santa Monica with a Mexican flair. The food was contemporary and delicious. We had an amazing vegetable and ricotta dish that I plan to attempt making at home - it was a perfect combination of ingredients. They also gave us a basket of different breads made on-site at the beginning of the meal, which were fantastic. The hotel had a small coffee shop where we ate breakfast in the morning and grabbed coffee in the evening. It had every comfort of home including almond milk and a variety of smoothies. The hotel rooms were comfortable, simple, and had a fridge, which was very useful. Overall we were astounded that this hotel exists for the price we paid. The Bahia would be my first choice, cost notwithstanding. That it is a bargain on top of it all just sweetens the deal.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Our company JusCollege recently acquired CaboSpringBreak. We we're lucky enough to work with the Bahia Hotel & Beach Club our first year running the program. We would like to thank the Bahia for accommodating our clients during the 2014 Spring Break season in Cabo. In total, Bahia hosted more than 1,200 students. We heard very positive feedback as the hotel has a great location just steps from the beach and their staff offered our customers exceptional service. We look forward to working with Bahia Hotel and Beach Club for the upcoming 2015 Spring Break season and we hope, many years to come.

Andrew

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We enjoyed our 9 night stay at the Bahia and would return, provided we were able to book our room at a decent price.

The location is excellent if you want to be very close to Medano Beach. Only a 7 minute walk to the marina. Plenty of food options nearby and its close to the mall too. It’s about a 15 minute walk to get right into the heart of Cabo’s nightlife district. It’s perfectly located.

The hotel itself is older than many of the surrounding hotels, but it’s very well maintained. And it’s extremely well cleaned. Staff is always mopping and sweeping and cleaning.

When reviewing the Bahia, I think it’s important to note that it’s a three-and-half star hotel. And at that level, this is an exceptional hotel. However if you are looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel, then the Bahia will have some short-comings.

The staff is very helpful and friendly and the service level is very good for a three star hotel. The room fixtures and accommodations are also very good for a three star hotel, but not up to the standards of a good 4 star or 5 star. The pool, Jacuzzi and swim-up bar is a big bonus for a 3 star hotel, but again, not as spectacular as a 5 star hotel’s pool.

An added bonus the Bahia has is use of the exercise room at the ME Hotel. There is also free use of a beach club, but since you have to purchase food or beverage, it’s not really any better deal than any other beach club you will see.

We experience a couple days at the tail-end of Spring-Break. I might recommend not staying here during Spring-Break, because the place got over-run by drunken Spring-Breakers. However I must say the staff and security do a fantastic job of dealing with these kids. They let them do their thing, but once the sun goes down or if things get out of hand, the staff takes a no-nonsense approach to them. A few bad reviews by Spring-Breakers are probably a good thing to see if you happen to stay at this hotel without realizing its Spring-Break time.

We stayed in an older un-renovated room, and I thought it was perfect. It consisted of a Queen Bed, a balcony, a TV, A/C, a fan, a modernized bathroom (although the door was bamboo sticks, so not entirely private, though we were not concerned), a kitchen with a stove and a small refrigerator. The kitchen was not well equipped, but you could request things like a coffee maker or microwave if you wanted them.

The hotel does offer safes, but they are not kept in the room, rather the safes are located in a locked room, with a sign-in procedure. It’s likely more secure than having a safe in your room, but not as convenient. I used this free service and had no issues.

I would recommend shopping around for deals online for this hotel, because I think the listed price might be a bit high. But deals can be found online.

This hotel well exceeded my expectations for a 3-and-a-half star hotel. We enjoyed our time at the Bahia and will return, although we will probably avoid Spring-Break.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple