“Well worth the price.”

Ranked #23 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Manhattan Beach, California
“Well worth the price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I were in Cabo from 4/4/14 - 4/9/14. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Bahia. It's just a half-block from the beach on a quiet street. We had a "modern" room on the opposite side from the restaurant. The room we had was called a "deluxe, single" on the hotel website. We got AAA rates. I imagine if you were staying right above the restaurant it would be noisy as that restaurant is a happenin place... packed every single night! The pool area is very relaxing and quiet with several comfortable lounge chairs. Our room was nicely decorated, clean and the bed and linens were very nice. We will definitely return to the Bahia.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank romantic5262
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your review. Manhattan beach is a big market for us and sounds like it worked for you. Make sure you tell all your friends!!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

The Bahia hotel was a great experience for my friends and I! The meal and drink specials were great deals and all of the services were top of the line. Every employee there wants to take care of you and make sure you have the best time possible. I personally, had an experience where I was ill and had to be taken to the hospital. When returning to the hotel I was asked to pay a very large amount. The owner of the hotel took the situation into his hands and was able to negotiate with them to cut the price by more than half. He truly showed he cared that his guests had a great experience and I am very grateful that I stayed at the Bahia! You won't find another hotel that provides the care, great pricing, and overall experience that the Bahia does.

1 Thank Daniel M
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for your review. I remember this day well and was happy to help out. You had a great group and we enjoyed having you. Happy you enjoyed your experience and hope to see you again soon
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have stayed at the Bahia before and love the location, the pool area, the decor and the restaurant. The staff has always been friendly and welcoming. This is a great hotel to stay at for a few days if you book it for cheap on skyauction.com before a timeshare week at another hotel.
We ended up in Cabo after a week stay in La Paz and wanted to stay at the Bahia. Yikes, the rack / walk in rates are outrageous. They wanted to charge me more for a walk up price than online prices. I asked if I could sit in the lobby and book it on my phone (which is quite ridiculous). He did honor the online pricing but after taxes and all I think I could have stayed across the street at Casa Dorada for the same price.
So not getting off to a good start and paying fffffull price, this time I was just irritated by the lack of everything in these rooms. There was no kitchen light (it was plastered over as well as the light switch) but thats fine because the kitchen is basically useless anyway. I know they will provide a pan or pot and hair dryer upon request but come on, even motel 6 has these amenities in the rooms. They claim the hair dryers get stolen, so why not install them on the wall? A glass or two would be handy as well as a microwave instead of the useless stove/oven. What good is the coffee cups with no coffee maker or pan to heat water? I know its not a 5* place but these seem like basic items.
I will say the beds are super comfy and the bathroom/showers are large and nicely modernized. The free internet is very generous and handy to have. We enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi, nice spot to relax after the beach!
I will return, just wishing they would add a few creature comforts to make the stay more enjoyable (at any price).

Room Tip: even numbered rooms face the street, odd face the pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank smrbrz
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have been to Cabo 4 times now and can truly say that the Bahia Hotel is the most hospitable and accommodating place I have stayed in. Im in my younger 20's and love going to this place cause the location is perfect for going to the main beach to enjoy mango deck, the office, etc., during the day and still being walking distance from the best night life spots in the city. As far as staying at the hotel, my friends and I quickly became well acquainted with the staff after treating us so well on our first stay at the Bahia that after being there for ten minutes on our second stay there the bartender Maria quickly remembered us and made sure that our trip was perfect along with the staff at the main desk. The restaurant has the best selection of breakfast, lunch, and dinner that I personally have been to in Cabo San Lucas. The Bahia gives great deals for their rooms which is one of the main reasons we go back there year after year and will definitely be staying at The Bahia for more years to come!

chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Their space is well decorated, very cool vibe. At check in, they indicated they had upgraded me to a deluxe room. I had booked a deluxe room, so there was no real upgrade. Also did not receive a 'welcome drink' as indicated in my Jetsetter reservation. The staff was very friendly & helpful. Did not have dinner at the hotel, b/c the menu looked very heavy for such a warm climate, but the breakfast was great, as was the juice/coffee bar.

My gripe is that I went on a vacation w/ my husband first week of April. Aka Spring Break. The hotel was overrun w/ bros & hoes. They yelled and screamed and raged into the wee hours of the morn. This property was great, but I absolutely will not travel to Cabo during the months of March or April ever again.

Room Tip: Delux room room by the pool was very noisey b/c of the spring breakers.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hollywoodgoody
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

My friends and I were there last week-end and I must say this hotel exceeded our expectations. From the moment I called in to check rates I felt comfortable, made my reservation with anticipation and everything was perfect. Manuel, the concierge, helped me book airport transfers at a very good rate. Rooms were clean, comfy, spacious and they had a balcony. We got sort of a penthouse, wich was very good for us. The best features for this hotel are: service, location (so close to Medano beach) and price.
Food also amazing. Thanks to all of the hotel's staff for making our Bachelorette trip such a smooth one!

1 Thank Paulina F
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed in Cabo at the Bahia for two nights with a friend and cannot recommend it enough. The hotel’s location is perfect; a block from the beach and a very short walk to the bars and clubs. It had a warm and trendy feel and the staff went to every effort to make sure that our stay was pleasant. We were so impressed with the hotel’s restaurant, Bar Esquina, that we ate dinner there both nights. There was live music, a great crowd, and it felt like a restaurant you might find in Los Angeles’ Manhattan Beach or Santa Monica with a Mexican flair. The food was contemporary and delicious. We had an amazing vegetable and ricotta dish that I plan to attempt making at home - it was a perfect combination of ingredients. They also gave us a basket of different breads made on-site at the beginning of the meal, which were fantastic. The hotel had a small coffee shop where we ate breakfast in the morning and grabbed coffee in the evening. It had every comfort of home including almond milk and a variety of smoothies. The hotel rooms were comfortable, simple, and had a fridge, which was very useful. Overall we were astounded that this hotel exists for the price we paid. The Bahia would be my first choice, cost notwithstanding. That it is a bargain on top of it all just sweetens the deal.