First of I will preface this review with the fact that this was my first time ever to Cabo San Lucas, but I am a well seasoned traveler who is use to the finer things in life. I am not someone one who will only stay at a Four Seasons-on the the contrary but I do know good service and what a 4 star hotel should be. Bahia overall was Great! The lobby, restaurant and pool are really fantastic. The rooms need updating but are great and unique in their own right. My husband enjoys authenticity when we vacation he does not want to have the same American food, and American experience as if we were in the States...Bahia offers that authenticity. I recommend tipping your cleaning lady she will make your room and stay that much better. We came home every night to different animals made out of the towels and the toilet paper folded in cool ways. The staff at the restaurant and pool are great and all speak English. The check-in staff leave a little to be desired...just blah...our guy who checked us in always seem frazzled and never had time. But really you dont ever deal with the check in people. The door men and security guys are awesome they will tell you about all the local places to go and whats fun and happening each night. Manuel the concierge is AWESOME AMAZING. He so so knowledgeable. He did everything from book my spa treatment, to get us into a great same day kayaking trip, to arranging a car where they brought it to us and picked it up and all we had to do was sign paperwork in the lobby. He made it so we had the most fun possible in 6 days. I recommend if you don't understand something talk to Manuel the concierge he will explain it. For instance, when we checked in, I had read all over the web that it was necessary to arrange for a taxi to pick you up at the airport and take you or you could end up paying 80 bucks..(I paid 30 total for two adults through Cape Travel).well the check in staff casually mentioned 48 hours before you leave come here and arrange for a ride to the airport. Well I don't know about you but when Im in vacation mode Im not thinking about my responsibilities of when I leave. They did not explain that because of government regulation if you don't arrange 48 hrs before you have no option other than to pay the 80 bucks...ummmm that was the only thing that really wasn't great. Manuel explained that its not the transportation companies its the Mexican government requires they submit a permit to pick people up and it take 48hrs to process and if they pick you up without the permit the government will shut them down. So in the end Bahia is a great boutique hotel. Please note it is NOT on the beach it is a short walk (1/2) a block to Medano beach, the beach that is where most things happen. There is no ocean view only pool view. Which is fine if you know that in advance but don't go hoping to listen to the waves crashing with your patio door open. If you want that or you want a "party pool" I recommend ME Cabo. The nice part about the location of both Bahia and ME is that they are a really easy walk into town. We did that most nights and it was really fun and nice not to require taking a cab. Enjoy your stay! Hope this helps! Oh one last thing...if you want an awesome experience and the weather is right...get a roll away bed and put it on your patio and sleep outside. It was truly the best sleep I have had in 10 years. Also, they don't advertise this but the Bahia does not have a spa...no big deal they have a contract with ME Cabo Spa...and you get a 20% discount and its an awesome spa. Its basically next door to the hotel. Lastly, if you are a Pizza (yes random but true) connoisseur as me and my husband are you must have the pizza down in the hotel restaurant...it competes with some of the finest I have had in Italy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bahia Hotel is a charming, full-service boutique hotel located in the heart of Cabo San Lucas' bustling Medano Beach district, steps from the activities, shopping, dining and nightlife for which Cabo is legendary. With its rich history, personalized service and intimate, welcoming environment, Bahia Hotel differentiates itself from the larger, homogenous chain hotels in Los Cabos. Bahia Hotel offers guests a luxury, urban-chic environment while maintaining the classic Cabo vibe.Bahia Hotel's new first-class restaurant, Bar Esquina, features a new twist on International creative cuisine in Cabo: Mexican influenced Mediterranean flavors using locally grown, organic produce; fresh fish from the Pacific & Sea of Cortez; and the highest quality meats cooked on a mesquite grill.If you are planning your first trip to Cabo, Bahia Hotel is the perfect choice: clean, safe, centrally-located and full of Cabo personality. If you are Cabo veteran, please stop by for quick tour of our beautifully remodeled property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Bahia Hotel & Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Hotel And Beach Club
- Bahia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Bahia Cabo San Lucas
- Bahia Hotel & Beach House Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico