“What a Find!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Kirkland, Washington
“What a Find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Just returned from Cabo and was extremely impressed with Bahia. Eight of us had split our trip between Cerritos Beach and Cabo. The rest of the group had planned to stay up at Cerritos for another night while my friend and I were headed to Cabo on Friday. Due to the heat and lack of A/C up in Cerritos Beach they all joined at the Bahia. Great experience from the time we stepped out of the car. Very friendly and attentive staff from Matias and Dustin at the fro t door, Ana and others at the front desk, the bar, restaurant, pool bar, coffee shop, and the friendly maids. We askedd about upgrading to the updated rooms and were gracioulsy offered a tour of both options. The updated rooms are a bit nicer as one would expect, but the "standard" rooms were just fine and we opted not to upgrade. Clean, comfortable, and the A/c was great! We ending up with a total of five rooms that first night and everyone in our group had nothing but positive things to say about their stay. Great location close to the beach, the marina, and central Cabo. We would all stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Perry M
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for your review, we are happy you found us! With a group of eight it is a great place to stay because you can walk to everything and do not have to run in a schedule and arrange transportaion for everyone.

The doorman, concierge, and front desk are very important to our guest satisfaction as they are the information source and the first point of contact.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Fantastic hotel! Excellent location, it's walking distance to the beach. It's also a 5 min or less walk down to the Marina. The Marina has restaurants, shopping and activities. I had a room on the main level which walks out onto the pool area. The pool was never very crowded and there is a pool bar which serves drinks and food. I can't wait to get back to Cabo and stay here again some day.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Reina M
Thank you for your review.. Not much for me to comment on with your review other than to say thank you and see you on your next trip!!!
Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night back in Jan. and had a good stay. I guess 1 night doesn't foretell. My husband & I and another couple recently stayed here for 4 nights and this time, not so good. We had a 2-bedroom. Room was very big & spacious. However, also very outdated. The balcony faced the street which was no big deal. It was 2-story with the bedrooms being upstairs. There was a very narrow, winding staircase. We had to unpack our bags downstairs and carry items up with several trips as you cannot carry a loaded suitcase up these stairs. Also, if you are tall, you have a good chance of banging your head on the lower part. There was no safe in the room. We were told we could put our items in a safe in the gift shop. Ummm, yea, no thanks for that inconvenience. Being that there was no safe in our room, we chose not to have the cleaning people clean our room. We just exchanged towels each day. Maybe that's what the previous guests also did because our room just wasn't clean upon arrival. There were several black hairs on the comforter. I forgot my slippers and there were none in our room so I had to walk barefoot and it was pretty gross. The floor felt like it hadn't been swept in a while. Very sandy, gritty feeling and when I looked at the bottom, my feet were black. Ewwww. I chose to wear my flip flops everywhere in the room. The internet was very very spotty. I had to do some work while there and what should've taken me only 10 minutes to do took a good hour. Our friends had the same problem even in the lobby.
I want to mention the customer service here was lacking. We went to the pool a couple of times and the first day I ordered a bottle of water. It was $5 for a small, 16 oz. bottle of water! So, the next day we brought our own water in cups w/ ice. The female bartender at the pool bar had the nerve to come over to us four and tell us we could not bring our own drinks to the pool! Seriously?! Maybe if you didn't charge an arm & leg for a simple bottle of water your guests would be more apt to buy them from you instead of bringing their own. I was pretty upset with this. And, then that evening we wanted to have dinner at the hotel restaurant for our last night and as we approached the restaurant we were asked if we had reservations. We said no as we did not know, because we were not informed, that we would need reservations to eat there. She then proceeded to tell us we would have to wait an hour because there were no empty tables. Ok, this is what irked me to the fullest degree. My husband looked around the restaurant and half the tables were open and he responded to her in Spanish (his first language) that he sees plenty of open tables. Then she said they didn't have the staff to serve them all. Ok, then that's what you should've said in the first place.
So, to summarize, none of us 4 were pleased with this hotel this time and we think the customer service was just not there. I said before that I would stay here again. And, I did. And, this time I say that NO I will not stay here again after this last visit.
Oh, I need to add this. On our 2nd to last day (Tuesday) I was bitten by a recluse spider while sleeping. I've never been bitten by anything in all my travels to MX! Is this due to the rooms being dirty & unkept? Possibly. I'm now taking antibiotics for it as necrosis started to settle in. Thx Bahia.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank sheryllynn69
Thank you for the review. First of all i owuld like to clarify a few things. One thank you for being a repeat visitor and i am sorry the second stay did not live up to your expectations.

The safe is not in the gift shop but in a secure area thru the gift shop. If this was understood i believe you would have been comftorable with the maids cleaning the room and a lot of the problems you have pointed out would not have been a concern. We pride our selves on our cleanliness.

The restaurant is very busy so we encourage guests to make a reservation. If there were open tables it was due to reservations from other resorts in Cabo which we would have to honor but not because of lack of staff.

I hope you give us another try to accomadate you and please feel free to contact me directly to ensure the quality of your stay. Lee2bahiacabo.com
Modesto, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

From the greeting from the door man Dustin until the time we left, the service was fantastic. They make you feel at home. Great advantage to be able to bring your own food and drink with you as well as the free WiFi. Location is incredible. Thank you Bahia and thanks again Dustin!!

Room Tip: Rooms with the balcony overlooking the pool are the best. Two bedroom suites are very nice as well
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Farmington, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Bahia Hotel is one of the original locations by Medano beach that has been nicely refurbished in the past few years. For a reasonable price, you are a block away from the beach, close to downtown nightlife, and an easy walk to the Marina. This can save a lot on taxis!. The food is great, but a bit pricy, the pool is small but nice, and you get free WiFi. The rooms are nice, and have a stove, small refrigerator, and dishes. Bring a hair a dryer! I have stayed here twice and enjoyed my stay both times!

Room Tip: I liked the rooms on the beach side that has a hotel between the room and the beach. All the room lo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Washougal, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here June 25 to July 2. Our room (more than we expected) room 502 on the corner, fifth floor. We had a city view, a partial ocean view, and partial pool view. The room was great! One bedroom, with two queen beds, balcony, two closets, toilet shower and vanity. Living room had a hideabed, and long cushioned sitting area two kids could easily sleep on. Balcony with table and chairs, looking out to ocean. Kit hen came with a stove, microwave, dishes, pots pans, coffee maker. A stocked mini fridge for a small fee you had your choice of cervasis, coke, gateraid, monster energy drinks and water. Next to that was another shower/toilet, closet and vanity.
Half block to beach where the beach bars and activities are. The hotels restuarant is delish! Kinda spendy. Across the street is Sharkeys mex food and a small store. 1/4 mile walk to Gardenias mex. food, about 3/4 mile walk to the front of the mall.
The Bahia is a clean affordable hotel. Staff is great! They have a all inclusive menu, we chose the $35 dollar party coupons. Which gave you $50 worth of drinks at the pool bar. Pizza and breakfast. Well worth it. I will be back to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Room 502 has a partial ocean view,
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. Thank you for sharing your expereince with our future guests and helping to allow us to service others and provide a personalized experience like yours.

Someone once said location, location, location
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

You know you are on vacation when the bartender brings you a specialty margarita during your check in! We stayed at Bahia Hotel & Beach Club in June for our site visit for our wedding. It was wonderful! The staff is very helpful and hospitable. They treated us like we were already on our honeymoon. The hotel is just a block from the beach, walking distance to many restaurants, the mall and the marina. There is also a nearby bank for easy fee-free dollar to peso exchanges.
The hotel is very clean. The decor of the hotel is gorgeous; it was the most up to date and tasteful that we saw in Cabo under $700 a night. We stayed in a poolside room which was a real treat that if your budget allows for I would recommend. The patio is very nice and there are lounge chairs right outside the room. The restuarant is excelent and a good choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Overall this hotel is the best you can get in the area and it will save you a lot of money over the dated beach side hotels on the noisy beach. Thanks Bahia for a wonderful stay, and we are looking forward to bringing our guests for the wedding!

Room Tip: Stay in a poolside renovated room! If you want quieter, ask to be away from the bar.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tlcorley
Thank you for your review. There is no better compliment for a hotelier than for someone to choose such a special occasion as a weeding to use your hotel. To invite your family and loved ones to the Bahia is the ultimate compliment and we look forward to having you.

Please stay in touch with Cristina or my self at lee@bahiacabo.com if i can do anything for you.