“Great Hotel!”

Bahia Hotel & Beach House
Ranked #26 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I stayed there for 5 days and loved it! The hotel is only a block from the beach! The food at the the Bahia is fantastic. Everyone working there were very friendly and helpful. Manual, the concierge, is a super nice guy and extremely helpful. He should be your first contact! The pool was clean and never very crowded. I would go back there tomorrow if I could! The only thing that could be improved is the extent of the wifi. Day three we discovered that it worked in our bathroom, freakin funny! Other than that, no troubles.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jonnymaun
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for your review. As an activities based hotel in the heart of cabo, Manuel does a great job booking our guests activities. Weathers its Paddle Boarding, fishing or golf he creates memories for a lifetime.

The wi fi bandwith is being increased and will be fixed shorlty. Tel mex the provider is working on it as we speak and should be fixed this week.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was a beautiful hotel, centrally located, and perfect to get to both the city and the beach. Everything was clean, the pool area was really nice, and the restaurant was great. Overall we had a comfortable and nice stay. If you're looking for something central and nice, this is a great place. It definitely has a modern feel to it, which was also nice, and our rooms were reasonably priced. The restaurant costs a little more, but it's great food and a fun atmosphere and view, so it's nice for a good dinner. It truly was the perfect location for my friend and I to scope out Cabo for an upcoming wedding. The bellman at the front were great about helping us find Cabo SUP when we wanted to go our paddleboarding and asked us how everything went when we came back. The front desk staff was also nice, not necessarily personal, but very efficient and pleasant. We were two females traveling together and felt incredibly safe both in and around the hotel. Overall it's a great hotel and I'd certainly recommend it for anyone wanting a central location to enjoy Cabo.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. You have pointed out something very important for our future guests and that's safety. The Federal goverment recognizes that Cabo is the jewel of the Mexican tourist market and is committed to ensuring its safety. With one road in and out, Cabo geographic isolation creates a safe enviroment. The new airport and improved roads also are a sign of the federal goverments committment to Cabo. As two females it is great to hear your comments and that you enjoyed your expereince at the Bahia.

The Stand Up Paddle Boarding has become a favorite activity for our guests and am glad you tried it.

The doorman and concierge are there to help create a memorable experience.

Thank you for coming and staying at the Bahia for your first trip to Cabo and we will look forward to seeing you on your next trip!!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Just returned from Cabo and was extremely impressed with Bahia. Eight of us had split our trip between Cerritos Beach and Cabo. The rest of the group had planned to stay up at Cerritos for another night while my friend and I were headed to Cabo on Friday. Due to the heat and lack of A/C up in Cerritos Beach they all joined at the Bahia. Great experience from the time we stepped out of the car. Very friendly and attentive staff from Matias and Dustin at the fro t door, Ana and others at the front desk, the bar, restaurant, pool bar, coffee shop, and the friendly maids. We askedd about upgrading to the updated rooms and were gracioulsy offered a tour of both options. The updated rooms are a bit nicer as one would expect, but the "standard" rooms were just fine and we opted not to upgrade. Clean, comfortable, and the A/c was great! We ending up with a total of five rooms that first night and everyone in our group had nothing but positive things to say about their stay. Great location close to the beach, the marina, and central Cabo. We would all stay there again.

2  Thank Perry M

Thank you for your review, we are happy you found us! With a group of eight it is a great place to stay because you can walk to everything and do not have to run in a schedule and arrange transportaion for everyone.

The doorman, concierge, and front desk are very important to our guest satisfaction as they are the information source and the first point of contact.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Fantastic hotel! Excellent location, it's walking distance to the beach. It's also a 5 min or less walk down to the Marina. The Marina has restaurants, shopping and activities. I had a room on the main level which walks out onto the pool area. The pool was never very crowded and there is a pool bar which serves drinks and food. I can't wait to get back to Cabo and stay here again some day.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Reina M

Thank you for your review.. Not much for me to comment on with your review other than to say thank you and see you on your next trip!!!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night back in Jan. and had a good stay. I guess 1 night doesn't foretell. My husband & I and another couple recently stayed here for 4 nights and this time, not so good. We had a 2-bedroom. Room was very big & spacious. However, also very outdated. The balcony faced the street which was no big deal. It was 2-story with the bedrooms being upstairs. There was a very narrow, winding staircase. We had to unpack our bags downstairs and carry items up with several trips as you cannot carry a loaded suitcase up these stairs. Also, if you are tall, you have a good chance of banging your head on the lower part. There was no safe in the room. We were told we could put our items in a safe in the gift shop. Ummm, yea, no thanks for that inconvenience. Being that there was no safe in our room, we chose not to have the cleaning people clean our room. We just exchanged towels each day. Maybe that's what the previous guests also did because our room just wasn't clean upon arrival. There were several black hairs on the comforter. I forgot my slippers and there were none in our room so I had to walk barefoot and it was pretty gross. The floor felt like it hadn't been swept in a while. Very sandy, gritty feeling and when I looked at the bottom, my feet were black. Ewwww. I chose to wear my flip flops everywhere in the room. The internet was very very spotty. I had to do some work while there and what should've taken me only 10 minutes to do took a good hour. Our friends had the same problem even in the lobby.
I want to mention the customer service here was lacking. We went to the pool a couple of times and the first day I ordered a bottle of water. It was $5 for a small, 16 oz. bottle of water! So, the next day we brought our own water in cups w/ ice. The female bartender at the pool bar had the nerve to come over to us four and tell us we could not bring our own drinks to the pool! Seriously?! Maybe if you didn't charge an arm & leg for a simple bottle of water your guests would be more apt to buy them from you instead of bringing their own. I was pretty upset with this. And, then that evening we wanted to have dinner at the hotel restaurant for our last night and as we approached the restaurant we were asked if we had reservations. We said no as we did not know, because we were not informed, that we would need reservations to eat there. She then proceeded to tell us we would have to wait an hour because there were no empty tables. Ok, this is what irked me to the fullest degree. My husband looked around the restaurant and half the tables were open and he responded to her in Spanish (his first language) that he sees plenty of open tables. Then she said they didn't have the staff to serve them all. Ok, then that's what you should've said in the first place.
So, to summarize, none of us 4 were pleased with this hotel this time and we think the customer service was just not there. I said before that I would stay here again. And, I did. And, this time I say that NO I will not stay here again after this last visit.
Oh, I need to add this. On our 2nd to last day (Tuesday) I was bitten by a recluse spider while sleeping. I've never been bitten by anything in all my travels to MX! Is this due to the rooms being dirty & unkept? Possibly. I'm now taking antibiotics for it as necrosis started to settle in. Thx Bahia.

6  Thank Sheryl A

Thank you for the review. First of all i owuld like to clarify a few things. One thank you for being a repeat visitor and i am sorry the second stay did not live up to your expectations.

The safe is not in the gift shop but in a secure area thru the gift shop. If this was understood i believe you would have been comftorable with the maids cleaning the room and a lot of the problems you have pointed out would not have been a concern. We pride our selves on our cleanliness.

The restaurant is very busy so we encourage guests to make a reservation. If there were open tables it was due to reservations from other resorts in Cabo which we would have to honor but not because of lack of staff.

I hope you give us another try to accomadate you and please feel free to contact me directly to ensure the quality of your stay. Lee2bahiacabo.com

Reviewed 8 July 2014

From the greeting from the door man Dustin until the time we left, the service was fantastic. They make you feel at home. Great advantage to be able to bring your own food and drink with you as well as the free WiFi. Location is incredible. Thank you Bahia and thanks again Dustin!!

Room Tip: Rooms with the balcony overlooking the pool are the best. Two bedroom suites are very nice as well
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Bahia Hotel is one of the original locations by Medano beach that has been nicely refurbished in the past few years. For a reasonable price, you are a block away from the beach, close to downtown nightlife, and an easy walk to the Marina. This can save a lot on taxis!. The food is great, but a bit pricy, the pool is small but nice, and you get free WiFi. The rooms are nice, and have a stove, small refrigerator, and dishes. Bring a hair a dryer! I have stayed here twice and enjoyed my stay both times!

Room Tip: I liked the rooms on the beach side that has a hotel between the room and the beach. All the room lo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo