“Nice and convenient location. Too noisy in the mornings”
Review of Marina Cabo Plaza

and 1 more site!
Marina Cabo Plaza
Pasadena, California
“Nice and convenient location. Too noisy in the mornings”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The apartments are fairly nice for a short stay. We stayed in 101 and 101A. Apt location to get to Medano beach as well as a short walk away from all the pubs and clubs on Marina blvd/ Lazaro Cardenas. Its wonderful at nights as it is quiet and you can hear the sea. We had a bad experience early in the mornings, when the shops, cafes and boating shops would open and would have blaring music playing downstairs. We also experienced some construction/renovation work happening in the condo next door and for the first 3 days were rudely woken by loud banging and drilling on the walls. Another thing that upset us was that the balconies didnt have drains. To everyone's surprise, it rained for 2 days in Cabo and all the rain water collected in the balconies. We had to initially remove it ourselves and upon repeated requests, the manager sent some housekeeping staff to assist us clean the water. The aircon in 101 seemed like it was before WW1 and was too noisy yet ineffective. There is a small grocery store downstairs and it was very convenient to stock up with beers, water, fruits, etc.

Room Tip: Tip: Ask for a room either away from the marina or else on higher floors. Check the A/C, as on hot d...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank AshKal13

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The location of this place is nice: at the Marina, close to the beach, a little distanced from the main bars and clubs, which gives you a good sleep. The space of the condo is big and nicely organized. There were only two things that disturbed our vacation. Firstly, it's the construction noise next door. We requested the management several times to start the construction work at least after 10 am, but only after three days of noise and requests they finally got it. Tip: ask for the condo, which won't have a construction happening next door:)
Secondly, we were lucky and got two-three days of rain in Cabo, which happens only once a year. So all the water was collected on the balcony, which had no drainage system and it took us several requests again to wait for a maid to remove the water.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a new A/C and larger shower.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank galanchuk
USA
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Admit we made a mistake to think it would be a good choice, but we decided last minute to make a weekend trip and found a place at MCP for $40 a night. Too noisy in every way. The airconditioner sounded like a bulldozer in the tiny little studio unit. And the noise from the marina below was not for us. Cute place and admit a good location for anyone wanting to walk everywhere, but think Mar De Cortez and El Milagro (Sandras place) are much better choices.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
calgary
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Stayed at condo 102B and absolutely loved the view from my balcony. The place wasn't large but great for 1-2 people. My unit has been recently renovated and was very clean. Small kitchenette with a mini fridge is also included in the unit.
The location is great. You are less than 5 minute walk from medano beach as well as the nighlife. This unit faced the marina and the Pedregal hill. Had the sun all afternoon and right until sunset. Mango Deck @ marina is right below the condos.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank cabomiro
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 January 2013

The location was perfect...even though I didn't have the Marina view. My condo was very clean and quite comfortable. I enjoyed all the restaurants and shopping was steps away. The beach was very close and I enjoyed the activities as planned. I didn't hear any noise even though I wanted to...I love action.... The staff was very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Annie A
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I really enjoyed staying at the Marina Cabo Plaza. My room was nice and neat. It overlooked the marina which was awesome. Where my condo was I was right above the restaurant of Medano Beach and never had any noise problems. I could hear the ongoings of music being played but it was not from the restaurant and was faint enough to where I could still get sleep.

This location is walking distance near the beach and other restaurants located on the beach. I never had a problem walking to the beach and I was a single woman travelling alone.

There is also a store within the condo to buy little things such as water, milk, fruit. Though I did not find bread. But that was the least of my worries. The staff was also super helpful and friendly. I was able to arrange a shuttle with no problems for picking me up and taking me to the airport.

The owner of my condo's name was Nancy Boyle and it was an absolute pleasure in doing business with her. I was able to contact her before my trip, during my trip and afterward whenever I had a question. Very impressed!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Vacay G
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Came to stay October 15/2011 and planned staying until December 20. Rented a studio unit overlooking the marina. Perfect location for anyone who likes to watch the boats come and go, as well as people watch foot traffic on the boardwalk. Very handy to numerous restaurants, fishing charters and only a short walk to Mendano beach, or an infinant variety of shops, inexpensive restaurants and lively bars. Would give my experiences two thumbs up, and am planning to come here for four months in 2012 rather than the two months on this trip.

• Stayed October 2011