“Great beach and so close!”
Review of Chileno Beach

Los Cabos Luxury Snorkel and Lunch Cruise
US$70.00*
Los Cabos Snorkeling Tour to Chileno Bay and Santa Maria Cove
More attraction details
Owner description: The clear turquoise waters makes this beach a great snokeling and swimming area.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Chileno Beach is terrific and it's so close to Cabo. They have huge palapas for shade as well. We got there around 11am and had no problem finding a palapa. There is snorkeling a little bit further out from the beach and around the rocks close to the beach, but it's not spectacular. We felt the need to wear life jackets because someone in our party had an issue last trip to Mexico and we found a guy in the parking lot who rented us 7 of them for a small fee.

There are bathrooms there and everybody is very nice but listen to what everybody else says: There is no food at all. You have to bring food with you. You don't really want to park (which is free), hang out, move your car to get food only to come back with food and find there's no place to park.

Great beach. Clear water, nice and warm. I highly recommend it.

2  Thank crapschick
Write a ReviewReviews (2,198)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

It is a well developed beach with lots of shade, bathrooms, and great swimming and snorkeling. Popular place, get there early. Bring your own food and drinks.

3  Thank 2Travelers2thesun
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Must visit this beach if in Los Cabos. It was only about a 20 minute drive from San Jose Del Cabo. Beautiful water, beach and view for free. Great place to snorkel as there was lots of colourful fish to be seen. We even saw some whales out in the distance. Beach is wheelchair accessible and provides palapa huts for shade and also has public washrooms. Pack a cooler for food and drinks as there was nothing to buy here and not in walking distance of any stores/restaurants

6  Thank lilTinyTraveler
Reviewed 3 July 2014

You can take the Super Cabo bus ($5, I think) from downtown to this beach, which is a locals beach located just off the highway. It is a clean beach with showers, but there was nowhere to buy food or rent snorkel equipment, so bring your own. The snorkeling by the rocks was decent, but the highlight was the palapas that lined the beach. When you try to catch the bus back, note that you have to go up on the highway itself to flag one down.

3  Thank EpeeFencer
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Our resort was on a good swimmable beach (Medano Beach) but you know how I love my TripAdvisor so, seeing the highly ranking "Chileno Beach", was naturally a must on my recent trip to Cabo.

We got there late-ish (like 1pm) and every shaded palapa was taken but a friendly individual chased us down the beach to say they had space in their palapa and we could share (they told us someone had done the same for them when they arrived at the beach). So, when you're at Chileno and see people wandering around looking for some shade, share the love TripAdvisor peeps! Having one of those palapas seriously made a huge difference because Cabo in June is HOT...like really really hot (I'm from Houston so I can tell you a thing or two about the heat lol).

Both a blessing & a curse on this beach was the lack of beach vendors. We did not pack beer or snorkeling gear because we thought "This is Mexico....surely someone will selling this on the beach". Nope. Not a single vendor. This was super disappointing to me because I really wanted to snorkel here. On the flip side since there was no one selling anything I was really able to relax on the beach instead of saying "No gracious" every 2 seconds.

Cab fare from Medano beach area was $25 one way and there were no jellyfish when we went.

Such a lovely beach....if we return to Cabo I'll definitely come back here and make sure I bring my cervesa's and snorkel.

1  Thank pamela_berman