My wife and I attended the presentation January 2011 and although I had thought owning a timeshare was not in my best interest, we took the plunge. I am not dissappointed with the resort, it is a jewel and has some of the best views in Cabo. This morning we watched three humback whales from our balconey spy hop, and every evening amazing sunsets. The staff here are awesome and very friendly.
Here's the not so good. Guess there was a misunderstanding or two from our original presentation. I specifically asked about availability of higher rooms in January ( I originally pruchased a "floating week" plan). I was told no problem, they try to give the families with children the bottom floor. I booked about 9 months in advance and requested a high floor and two weeks prior again, requested a high floor. Guess what, we were given a bottom floor room. I complained and was told they could move me to a 10th floor room the next day, which they did. Of course, we got the squeeze to attend an "update session" which we did and not wanting to stress in the future about what room I am going to get, I upgraded my membership so I know what room I will have in the future.
My only other complaint is they have overly friendly eco showers. I can understand saving water in an arid climate, but the showers if even warm, trickle. You can barely get the soap off your body, they are pathetic. Not sure if it is a water pressure issue, flow restriction or what, but if you like a nice hot strong shower like I do, you won't find it at Land's End.
Yes, there is construction and it did disrupt our sleep and quality of the stay, however, the pace at which they are building it is only temporary and in light of what they have done to date, will make the resort that much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Solmar is the new standard of luxury in Cabo San Lucas. Thoughtfulness and thoroughness are the trademarks of this grand resort. Every detail was considered right down to the intricate designs in the walkways, the stone entries to the rooms and the construction of subterranean passages so the busy staff does not interrupt relaxing guests. The award-winning design combines the grace of old world architecture with carefully crafted modern style. And the location will leave you speechless. A natural cliff forms the backdrop and guides guests to a lobby complete with a spectacular view of the mighty Pacific Ocean. From here, you can see pelicans soaring over golden sands and sailboats scooting across blue waves. Just feet away is the very tip of the Baja Peninsula in all its sun-drenched glory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Resort And Spa
- Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico