We went as a couple to Grand Solmar three weeks ago and had a truly wonderful experience. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Moses who made us feel very welcome and took the time to give us a bit of background about the hotel and its plans for expansion (helped to explain the construction currently taking place).
We were shown to a lovely corner room with a beautiful and very large balcony. The bedroom facilities are all very well appointed, and finally a hotel room with sufficient counter and closet space! For those who pay attention to this kind of thing - the fixtures in the bathroom and the appliances in the kitchen are name brands (e.g. Kohler) which tell me that the hotel put some thought into the longevity of its facilities. All of the other hotel facilities are equally well-appointed, and walking around I noticed that the housekeeping and maintenance staff pay great attention to detail and fastidious clean all of the main areas. The atmosphere and natural beauty of the hotel make it feel very secluded with dramatic ocean waves which are lovely to listen to at night.
During our week-long stay, we wanted to do nothing but relax so spent a majority of our time around the Adults Pool during the day and in La Roca Restaurant at night. The atmosphere and service at both were exemplary.
*To the management - I'd like to make particular mention of Sergio at the Pool and Roberto at La Roca. They both did a great deal to make us feel welcome and to ensure our experience was a memorable one. Roberto in particular looked after us the first night at La Roca and made a point of greeting us every time we saw him thereafter, remembering our names and patiently practicing my Spanish with me :) He is a great ambassador for the hotel.
Food at La Roca was very good, fresh and varied with plentiful local colour and attentive service.
I have never written a Trip Advisor review before, but this hotel made me want to write one. It is worthy of a great rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Solmar is the new standard of luxury in Cabo San Lucas. Thoughtfulness and thoroughness are the trademarks of this grand resort. Every detail was considered right down to the intricate designs in the walkways, the stone entries to the rooms and the construction of subterranean passages so the busy staff does not interrupt relaxing guests. The award-winning design combines the grace of old world architecture with carefully crafted modern style. And the location will leave you speechless. A natural cliff forms the backdrop and guides guests to a lobby complete with a spectacular view of the mighty Pacific Ocean. From here, you can see pelicans soaring over golden sands and sailboats scooting across blue waves. Just feet away is the very tip of the Baja Peninsula in all its sun-drenched glory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Resort And Spa
- Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico