Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$565
US$504
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$156
  • Pool
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$748
US$462
  • Breakfast included
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$669
US$503
Official Hotel
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$323
US$294
  • Pool
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$308
  • Pool
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$215
US$425
US$414
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)
US$917
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$125
3,379 results
All reviewsla rocasports bardon luisconstruction noisemurphy bedlands endthe pacific oceanmaster suiteinfinity pooltime sharemeal planfitness centercrashing waveswelcome homebell staffrooms are beautifulspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This was my first time staying at Grand Solmar, though I have stayed at Playa Grande several times (Grand Solmar's sister property). In my opinion there is no comparison between the two hotels. Grand Solmar is very luxurious and its rooms are truly ocean front, whereas Playa Grande is in a horseshoe shape so only a few rooms are (in my opinion) ocean front. Grand Solmar has amazing inifiniti pools that overlook the ocean, multiple swim-up bars, and FABULOUS rooms. I have stayed in several 5 star hotels, and I can honestly say that our room (a two bedroom penthouse suite) was by far the most luxurious and comfortable room I have ever stayed in. It was gorgeous in every way. Our room was in the building located next to the "adults only pool" and if I'd jumped off the deck (which spanned the entire length of the building and too high to jump from), then I would have landed in sand.

Now for the things that could have been better...

1) While the hotel staff were friendly and helpful when approached, they were not proactive in providing service. The bartenders at the pool bars rarely made the rounds to ask guests if they wanted to order drinks/food (instead, if you wanted something you had to swim up to the bar). After reading one of the hotel magazines I learned that I could request robes and slippers (as opposed to the hotel placing them in my room for my convenience). I also read that I would be eligible for free WiFi service. Again, not a service/benefit that I had been made aware of. It left me wondering if there were other services/benefits that were available that I wasn't made aware of, which was frustrating. I did ask the front desk if there was a list of services, etc, but there is not. He just said that he'd be happy to answer any question that I had, which would be fine if I knew what to ask for/about.

2) The timeshare ladies (guest services?). Yes, Cabo is into the timeshare business - big time. My husband and I had agreed to sign-up for a timeshare presentation at another property. We'd been warned that Grand Solmar would (aggressivley) try to stop us from going on the presentation and to not tell them where we were going. That was an understatement. While walking through the lobby to leave the property, the Grand Solmar representative began yelling to us and waving her arms frantically. She interrogated us about where we were going and wanted to know whether we were on our way to visit another property. After saying that we were just walking into town, she gave us several reasons why we didn't want to go on to a timeshare presentation...none of the reasons being all that compelling, Quite frankly, it is none of her (or the hotel's) business as to what we planned to do. After beginning the 10 minute walk to leave the property we are approached again by two hotel representatives to prevent us from going on a timeshare presentation (at a different property). And, they were sneaky about it! Grand Solmar's approach/antics really ticked me off. Again - I am a paying adult - I can do what I want with my time. And, I am annoyed that I felt the need to lie about my plans. Should I agree to a future timeshare presentation (at another location), I will be honest about my intentions/plans with Grand Solmar (again, it is none of their business), but if I am given a hard time about it then I will flip out on someone (and write all about in on Tripadvisor). All right....time to move on...

3) On one occassion I had to have my room key reset. When I went to the front desk, I handed the representative my card and told her my room number. I was not asked to provide my name, any identification or to prove who I am in any way. Additionally, we had arrived before our check-in time and asked the hotel to hold our baggage for us. We were given a claim ticket and went on our way. When we claimed our bags later that afternoon, we only had to point to them. We were not asked for the claim ticket. I had shared security these concerns with the front desk manager, Juan, and I was told that they've never had a problem at the hotel and that guests have been nice and trustworthy. I think the hotel needs to rethink this approach to their guest's protection.

Room Tip: Construction on the last building is expected to be completed in February, 2014. If you travel before then, request a room that is on the other end of the property. We heard several complaints about the noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah F
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Sarah

For us is amazing to hear that this have been the most loxurious hotel you have stayed, and that you loved our infinity pools, luxurious and comfortable rooms, you indeed have an amazing located suite.
We would be working in the details you mention regarding our service. For us is very important to know the things we need to work with to provide the excellent service you deserved as one of our guests. At the momento we have a newspaper that is in every room along with our directory of services, where we list the services and amenities we have at the romos, or the general áreas, including the bathrobes and wifi services. We will make sure every guest knows this at the check in time.
Still, if any guest have any question, our front desk staff is always happy to answer it for them.
It is also important for us to know the timeshare experiences that our guest have at the momento of their stay. We would do everything in our hands to make you feel comfortable. As this is still a timeshare destination, sometimes is difficult the approach of some of the representatives of this activity, but here, we always listen to our guest, and if you do not want to get disturbed, we will respect that immediatly.
We thank you also for your last comment and you can make sure that we are increasing our security policies, asking for every guest ID information(even if sometimes the staff already knows the guest), and with cameras at the places we consider important to add.

We thank you for all this information. For us is very important to get this feedback. I Am very pleased and would love to welcome you back to our resort.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Beautiful resort, not too large, beautiful grounds and helpful staff

The location is great, right behind the marina the views are incredible!
They are under construction and it was a little noisy.
would go back for sure

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Georgianne C

Dear Georgianne C,

We would like to thank you for your beautiful words regarding your most recent stay. I am very satisfied that you love our location, staff and grounds.
We would be waiting for you so that you can keep enjoying paradise with us.!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Our daughter had her beautiful wedding at Grand Solmar on Nov. 1, 2013. The Grand Solmar Resort was stunningly beautiful! The entire staff was so accomodating and friendly. Adriana Diaz was an outstanding coordinator who was so patient with all of us. Special attention to the two Arturos who met our every need! Also, Javier was very helpful. The wedding venue was so beautiful and the reception was wonderful. Our accomodations were excellent with full views of the ocean. What a way to wake up everyday! We will have lifetime memories of this "once in a lifetime event"! Thank you so much for the time of our lives!!!
Proud parents of the bride

Room Tip: Try rooms on the oceanside away from construction.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Jerilyn,

We would like to thank you for your wonderful post regarding your daughter (and yours) recent experience at our hotel. You can make sure that for Adriana, the staff and me is a privilege when someone choose our location to celebrate their wedding. There is something special about our lands end terrace that brings happiness and a relax atmosphere that the people just love. I will share your comments with Adri, both Arturos and Javier.
We would love to have your daughter back to celebrate their first anniversary with us, and also we would enjoy to welcome you back in the next future, in order to have more unforgettable memories and timeless moments.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

My wife and I just spent 2 weeks in our timeshare at Grand Solmar. The staff are the best, nothing is too much trouble, you will never hear no.
The hotel has a lot of construction ongoing, dust, noise, which will continue for 1-2 years!
We asked to be moved away from the dust, no luck. We each visited the doctor twice and lots of antibiotics later and still sick from the dust our vacation finally ended.
We will not be back until the construction is done. By the way, the restaurants on property are expensive with poor food selection. Try somewhere else for now.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DPKH
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear DPKH,

Thank you for saying that our staff was really the best while you enjoyed your vacation with us. The can do attitude that the general staff has is really something we are very privilege to have, as you mention, there is not a no in their language, we try to assist our guest and resolve their questions as much as we can.
I will share this with the staff and i am satisfied with your feelings toward them, having read your score. I know lots of people will take notice what you mention about the service that for many, is what really makes the difference in any vacation experience..
I completely undertand your comments, and hope that you will see thing different, as many of our fellow guest understand that it is necessary to finish some details in order to have the final product ready for you to enjoy. Still, we have many areas where you can relax and enjoy the whale season (yes, its here now!).
You can always contact us for more information regarding the new phases, and amenities that we are going to have. We will be delighted to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

As the title suggest the view is outstanding, and only exceeded by the warmth of the smiles from a very attentive staff. Great service abounds seeking to meet your needs, in a tranquil and restfully environment. Secluded and peaceful as the name "Lands End" portrays ... Put it on your list!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear asiadad97

Oustanding comment, for an amazing experience. Short, sweet and so honest...I want to thank you for your comment, for us is a provilege when a guest can notice our genuine smiles,and the hard job we all do day by day to satisfied all of our guest.
For us to surpass your expectations, is something we will treasure forever, and you can count on us, that we will continue to do this in the future. We will be waiting for you.....