“Mind Blowing Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Mind Blowing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

This is the most amazing resort that Cabo has to offer! Its location nestled alongside Land's End Resort allows you the privacy and the beauty of the Pacific Ocean yet a short 5 minute walk to the Marina for shopping and dining among the yachts. I have never experienced the friendliness and attention to detail that this staff provides. I have stayed in the Penthouse, Presidential suite and a one bedroom and each experience provides the one constant...Amazing amenities, modern electic furnishings and the most amazing views of the ocean! I can not wait to return!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ClassyFitGirl
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear ClassyFitGirl

For me what makes your comments really special, is when you mention that each time you have stayed at different units, there is a constant: excellent service, amenities, modern furniture. With the best location any resort can offer, it is in our hands to keep this place as the most amazing place for vacationers; we will make sure you enjoy the lands end experience forever.

Happy holidays!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (919)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I am an owner and this is my fourth time staying at Grand Solmar. The property is stunning with infinity edged pools and stunning views of the pacific. We watched whales off our patio and saw turtles hatch on the beach. I have given this property a five star rating in the past but with the construction noise and the mosquitoes biting day and night I have given it a four. The staff need to watch the stains on the lounge chairs around the pools as the loungers are looking dirty. There were quiet pools to go to escape the construction noise at the largest pool. It would be nice if the biggest pool was heated more as no one is ever in that pool and the smaller pools get very busy and adults around those pools tend to not want children around. Waiter staff around the pools had improved from last year and service was prompt, the pool food very good and drinks not watered down and delicious.

We stayed in the newest building and it was extremely quiet. It was next to the building with construction but the noise from the site didn't begin until eight am and we weren't bothered by it. Views of the ocean from this building are stunning, especially sunrise and sunset. The surf on the ocean was not too strong this visit and beach walking was permitted. Other vacation stays the waves crashed very close to shore and some were over eight feet in height making the beach incredibly dangerous for walking.

The resort is incredibly clean and each staff member makes it their priority to make sure you are having an enjoyable stay. Beds are comfortable and furnishings in the two bedroom master suite are lovely.

The staff members at the reception area are amazing especially Manny and Sammy, Lupe by the pool is exceptional and is so fluent in English he would be a great person to get a Spanish lesson from.

It would be nice to see a spa facility equivalent to the One and Only Palmilla with the same treatments offered. Spa facilities at this site are limited.

There is not enough for children to do at this site and if you are travelling with children the facilities at Playa Grande are available. Viridiana is excellent with the children but the facilities and what they are able to offer are limited. Enrollment in kids club is low because of the terrible facility and small building. This resort could look at other successful kids club programs and activities in their kids club planning especially when the beach and ocean is not accessible or extremely dangerous parts of the year.

The breakfast buffet was delicious and unlike other restaurants in the area we did not get sick eating or drinking at this resort.

There is a small variety store on site with snack items, bread, jam, tea, coffee, beverages and some small amounts of pharmaceuticals. There is a larger store at the Playa Grande resort that is within walking distance.

The location is amazing for walking to the marina or in to town with a ten minute walking distance to these locations. Many tourist enjoy walking or jogging the marina area before the heat of the day.

I do have to comment on one traveller's complaint about the ten dollar non registered charity donation to the Solmar foundation and would advise that traveller to take the "free" foundation tour before he makes his unsubstantiated comments about a small ten dollar suggested donation . We went on the Solmar foundation tour and took our children ages five and eight. We were shown the local shelter where the foundation supporters built a kitchen and facilities to train people to learn a trade of esthetics, housekeeping, carpentry. Men, women and children are allowed to sleep in a bed and they are fed one meal a day by a local priest. This is the only meal these people including children get a day. They are only allowed to sleep in that bed for one week once in their lifetime because of the high demand of the shelter. They are allowed to return to the shelter for their one meal a day as often as they need to, they can return numerous times for training in a skill and they can take any construction items such as cardboard boxes, concrete blocks or metal they can carry to build a shelter in the hills. The foundation has also built a children's care center with a kitchen and child care services for day care aged children to obtain three meals a day and receive some basic education while their parents enter the work force. The foundation also supports the two local orphanages where abandoned children, children with a history of sexual abuse or abuse of violence have the opportunity to live in an environment free from abuse. They have the opportunity to go to school, get counselling, play soccer, write, read and sleep in a bed of their own. They have meals and are taught life skills and have a sense of family. The Solmar foundation also gives back to the elderly of the community donating their old furniture such as beds, tables, patio furniture, building shady palapas for the seniors in the seniors care center and ensuring that seniors get their medication, blood work and food. If you are wondering where your donations go I would suggest considering taking the "free" Solmar foundation tour for an eye opening experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear 4oceanlovers

We would like to thank you for your sweet comments about your fourth stay with us. Your complete review is really helpful for us in order to improve our services and exceed the expectations of our guest.
I have no words to express my gratitute for your complete description of some of the things that our Foundation do day by day. My co-worker Dinorah want me to express to you her gratitute. We will continue the tours, and also, our staff is also participating donating toys to the little kids that need them this christmas season. Small detail but very significant.
At the moment we have 5 pools (one more in february) and each of them have a different temperature to satisfied all pour guest needs, this including the pool numer 1 that you mention. On behalf of our chef i thank you for your comments about our breaksfast buffete; i will definetly share with all our employees your words about our location, amenities and hotel in general, specially Many, Sammy and Lupe; It is truth what you mention; Our priority is to make sure that our guest are having an enjojable stay, timeless moments always, and i am happy we surpass your expectations year after year.

We will keep and eye in details you mention like the lounge chairs. For me is a pleasure to confirm that we will have more Spa Cabañas; the concept at the moment is to keep the cabañas, and maybe in the next few years add a spa center; in the meantime you can make sure you will enjoy our cabañas with great amenities and treatments. Also in february, we will open our Kids Club, so we will fullfill your expectation on this matter.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back for a 5th time. You have become part of our family. I hope you have a great christmas eve with your family.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at another resort the first few nights but attended a time share presentation here, loved it bought a time share, and stayed here the rest of the vacation! the private beach is incredible it's an easy walk into town and the pools at the resort are incredible and the sunrises/sunsets are breathtaking!

Dear Jennifer

Welcome to the family!, It is our provilege to pamper you as one of our new owners and guests, i am sure you will maintain the love for this property for the years to come.
Bedford, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

This is my second time to Grand Solmar with friends, and it's incredible. So this year, I bought a week. Location on the water with the sound of the surf is soothing. Views of the water are great. Several different pools. Free Wi-Fi. La Roca restaurant is fabulous -- Miguel and Francisco at night are the best. If you sign up for the time share presentation, ask for Vicky. She's the best! As development continues, there will be more restaurants, pools, rooms, and a fuller spa -- although having a massage listening to the surf is hard to beat!

Room Tip: As close to the beach as possible, and probably not a first floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear jmdevries

Thank you so much for this comments. We are very proud of our product and for us to welcome you back for a second time has been a privilege.
I am glad you enjoyed all pools and services, including the restaurant and the Spa Cabañas.
I will share your comments with Viky, Francsico, Miguel and the rest of the staff.

We would love to welcome you back with your family and friends for a third time.

Crown Point, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Wow! Where do I start? I'm going to start with the only thing that made this visit only slightly less than perfect, why? Because I don't believe I've read anything negative about this place and you might stop reading before the end. At the end of your stay, at check out, you will notice a $10.00 charge on your bill that says optional, this charge is for a community benevolence program.It is a so far, unregistered charity. I went on line to check it out, it is called The Grand Solmar Foundation. All information about it is provided by the foundation itself. The only unbiased information was found in an owners forum, let's just say they are not fans of the new owners of the resort. all that to say this, if you want to donate ten bucks to help out the under privileged in Cabo, and you trust the organization to be upright and honest, donate away. My wife and I are huge contributors to many charities, but I wouldn't give a nickel to someone who tried to make me feel guilty because I'm staying at a luxurious resort. Shame on the new resort owners for not taking care of the local people, who are going to grow up, and probably end up working for them! Other than the construction, which we knew about before we booked, this would have been the best vacation ever. The whole place is High End, the staff, Fantastic! The pool staff, Wow! If you go make sure to look for Arturo, he takes care of the Adult Pool Area. The restaurant La Rocca, was good for lunch, we weren't impressed by the dinner menu but we knew we were going to be dining off site more than on. If no one else has said it I will say it here, THIS THE FINEST RESORT I HAVE EVER BEEN TO. We stayed here the week of November 17th.

Room Tip: For Now, ask for a room away from the construction, and the day you check in determines the building...
1 Thank AVERAGEJOES824
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Average Joe

We would like to thank you for your comments.

I am very satisfied after reading your experience. and i will share your comments with our staff specially Arturo, who went above and beyond to assist you.
After ten years working in this company i can tell you that i have been privilege to went to many of the places that our organization helps, along with many staff members and some guest (we have weekly tours where you can go and see it by yourself).
Our non-profit organization (created in honor of the late Don Luis) main objetive is to help those in need throughout Los Cabos. In an effort to continue the noble work started by Don Luis, The Foundation supplies critical social services not covered by the government and focuses mainly on education, and medical assistance. The focus is on women and children living in poverty. As you mention, the additional 10 dls is optional, and we respect compeltely the decissions of our dear guest. We know a lot of people helo other organizations at home and for us that is also amazing.

We would love to welcome you back to our resort anytime soon.

Keansburg, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Grand solmar is my second home.i am an owner and although my husband and I only have one week a year it is like going home.the staff treat you like family and the property is just as comfortable as your home with I might add a back yard with 3 pools and 5 restaurants oh and the view of lands end is to die for. Heaven on earth

Room Tip: Pacifico's side by the adult pool or by la roca
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear bonon48

I love to hear from you that you feel at home with us. I completely understand that having vacations in this year is more difficult than before, that is why we in CAbo, and at our resort work as hard as we can, to fullfill all our clients, guest expectations.
Thank you again for such wonderful comments, and to rpovide an insight of your experience with the rest of the people.
Happy thanksgiving day!

Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We had a very nice time visiting this hotel. We booked our tickets through Expedia and avoid all of the time share crap. I like to vacation where I want when I want. Perfecto! Sammy always greets us with a smile and everyone at the hotel feels like they genuinely care about you. My only reason to hold back from a 5 star rating is the dining is a bit limited. Breakfast buffet is a bit lacking and we had 5 different people ask us if we needed anything - and if we did the staff seemed a little confused and slow to help. I would have preferred one waiter or waitress to attend to my needs.

The pools are great - and the rooms are very nice.

If you like snorkeling it is a short walk to pelican rock from the hotel.

Room Tip: pay a little extra and get the 1 bedroom - it has 2 bathrooms and a wonderful kitchen. They still h...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Fritz837
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Fritz837

For me it was a pleasure the opportunity to contact you personally to receive your complete feedback regarding your recent stay. As you notice, our main interest is to be there for our guest, and fullfill their expectations.
I would like to thank you for your marvellous comments about our staff, specially Sammy and Jorge. They along with our general staff members work really hard to exceed your expectations.

You can count on us, and i promess you that we will keep the good work and better.

It will be my pleasure to meet you next time,