“Another Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #6 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Hillsboro, OR
“Another Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Once again, my girlfriends and I enjoyed eight wonderful days at Grand Solmar. The staff continue to offer exceptional service and attention. The food continued to be great, prepared and served by a professional and really fun staff. Our suite was lovely and always clean. Many thanks to Arturo, Roberto, Alex, Jesus, Manny, and many many others. Lots of whales this time (December) which was wonderful. I purchased here prior to construction on the faith that it would turn out to be the exceptional resort that it has become. One of the best investments I've made. Thank you again!

Room Tip: I have a Penthouse and they are incredible. I've stayed in the one-bedrooms and they are lovely...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rena S
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Rena

Thank you again for your wonderful post and comments regarding your most recent stay. It is amamzing that year after year, you always feel that our service is keeping better and better. I will share this with Arturo, Roberto, Alejandro, JEsus, MAnny and all our staff members.

Our Chef Lucas is really doing a marvellous job in creating unforgettable dishes for all our guest with his team, that includes Chef Luis, Chef MAnuel, Chef Francisco, Chef Carlos, and all his crew of amazing cookers.

I am delighted and very satisfied when you mention this has been the best investment of your life.

We are here for you , always!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (992)
  • Korean first
Chicago
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is the best resort I have ever visited in my life. Not only is the resort gorgeous, the food is amazing, the quality of everything is the best from bed linens to nachos. But most important is the staff. They were so kind and generous to us. The staff, especially manager Juan, treated us like VIP guests all the way. Everybody at the hotel had time for us and treated us like we were their only guests; the concierge, the doormen, the cleaning ladies. I have already told my friends we need to go back (without the kids next time). I am still thinking about the 5 star meals we had outdoors, listening to the sounds of the waves hitting the shore, knowing that the beautiful swimming pools (which were never crowded) were waiting for us with plenty of soft towels and waiters to bring us drinks. Even when we werent enjoying the beautiful private beaches I loved relaxing in our room thanks to the beautiul decor, lovely linens, large TV's and private balconies. Treat yourself to a visit to the Grand Solmar Lands End

Room Tip: All the rooms seem lovel and quiet.
1 Thank Chicago60611
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Chicago60611

What a compliment! being the best resort, with excellent food, amazing linens, great views (taken this from your words), is absolutely something it made us really proud, but for me, is when you talk about our staff, that really represent that we achieve the most important goal in our business.

Juan is doing a great job in surpassing the expectations of all our guest, You can always count that he will do his best to assist you. And this goes for the maids, the concierges, the waiters and bell staff.

Thank you for your recommendations. I am sure we will see you back to our resort anytime son. And i will be delighted to assist you personally.

Best regards,
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Year after year we return to our special place in the sun, here at Grand Solmar. Many many changes have transpired from the beach condos of years ago, evolving into the luxury of today, the elegance, and the impeccable service.
The beach. View. Music of the waves, peace and serienty still remain constant making it my favorite place to be for three weeks a year.
Just to name a few of outstanding support staff and there are many, who absolutely go our of their way to help is a pleasure for me
From the moment you arrive the bell men are "at your service" all of them - standing out Sammy, Roberto, Javier, front deck reception making you feel amazining, Juan Maldanado, fantastic. Francisco, Norita,
Around the hotel and restaurant staff- Eben is absolutely amazing making drinks personable and helpful every day!! Javier, Heriberto, Juan, Francisco, Brideth, Roberto, Isaac and Edgar always insured my comfort food. Service. Happiness. Daily!
My hotel maid Elsa the best , she was courteous waited until I was ready befor cleaning often waiting for me 5 or so minutes more with a smile!
Ok good delicious, service fabulous, room and view perfect sun and fun.. A true vacation !!
Debbie from San Francisco!!!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear CabobeachGirl

It is a real pleasure to read your wonderful comments. Being a loyal guest for so many years, for us is amazing to pamper you year after year. You are the best example that we really take care of the people that were owners of the old property, and see the changes as positives. The most important part for me is that you have the time to acknowledge our staff.

First of all our bell staff crew, including Sammy. Also Roberto and Javier. Juan our front desk manager, and his team workers Francisco and Nere. Also, i will share your comment with our food and beverage staff, the manager Isaac and his staff including Eben, Javier, Heri, Juan, Francisco, Brideth, Roberto and our captain Edgar. Your maid Elsa was very happy to read her name on this post.

We are delighted to surpass your expectations, and i am very happy to know that most of it is because our staff.

Yours truly,
Orange, California
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Have to say that this resort blows the doors off all the rest. We get the very best service and have always felt so much at home there. The biggest thing we like as a family is the view!! The resort is so nice with many cool things and a killer swimming pool but by far nobody in town has the view we get from our room. Love this place and Love Cabo as well.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear John

As i always said. The best view of the pacific in all Cabo, is from our resort; being attached to the natural rocks, makes the atmosphere of the place unique; what i am pleased is that the land ends experience is not all about the amazing view; as you mention the service is what makes the difference. And i am delighted that you love also this part of our resort.

We would love to pamper you again. Our ambassadors will be here for you.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is honestly the most relaxing, upscale, and beautiful resort that my family and I have been to so far. This is the 4th time that I've been to Lands End. When my wife and I came for the first time back in 2011 I thought that I would not like Mexico as much as other places I've been to. I may not have liked it as much had I gone anywhere else....but Grand Solmar is absolutely gorgeous. The night life and activities are fun and Todos Santos is only a 45 min drive from Cabo. My wife and I, My inlaws, and my parents have all purchased time at Grand Somar and I can't wait to return year after year. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation.

Shout out to the following staff who really shined: Samael, Freddy, Roberto, Guillermo, Jesus, Jose, Heriberto & Raymundo

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Alex C
Dear Alex

I would like to thank you for your loyalty. For us to surpass your expectations year aftear year is something we can not thank enough. We will continue in creating timeless moments every day.

I will personally thank Samael, Freddy, Robert, Guillermo,Jesus, Jose, Heriberto and Ray,the almost complete staff from the pools. They really enjoy being here every day, and i can not thank them enough; they are the real soul of this place.

We will be waiting for you for the 5th time. Yours truly,
Long Beach Island, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Upon my families arrival to this beautiful resort,, I received an email regarding my transportation. We booked Cape Travel transportation through the resort, which we use year after year. The email gave us explicit instructions on where to find our transportation and what to avoid at the irport. Within seconds, our Private SUV which only cost $225 round trip picked us up. It was not only clean and cozy, but the driver was fantastic.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by hotel staff who helped us check in. Juan, Francisco, and all the others at reception were wonderful during check in and our entire stay.

The staff at the pool bar were top notch including Roberto and Heriberto who waited on us just about everyday of our two week vacation. Being pregnant and unable to eat everything on the menu, Issac and the food staff were happy to accommodate me. La Roca's menu changes every night so there was never a need to leave to go to an outside restaurant. The food is simply amazing and it is so nice to be greeted by their wonderful hostess Bridett each morning and night. Again, the service there was nothing short of 5 star and men and women serving us were there to serve us and make us feel at home.

Javier in security checked in on us daily, making sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. I cannot say enough about this resort; from its beautiful views to its amazing staff. It exceeds its 5 star reputation. I plan to come back year after year. Thank you for welcoming us home Grand Solmar.

Room Tip: You can not get a bad Room at this resort. Each room has a beautiful view.
2 Thank Miasmom24
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear Miasmom24

Happy new year!
Your post is the first comment i read about our services online this year, and you can imagine how happy i am. It is our goal to excedes every guest expectations. All our staff, specially JAvier, Heriberto, Juan, Francisco, Brideth, Roberto, Isaac were the ones responsable of this.
I am specially delighted by the comments you have made about our main restaurant, it is truth that each night we have a special, and there is no need to go to other places to have the best of Cabo Culinary recipies.

You and all our guest have made the reputation of our hotel. For me is always a satisfaction to attend our guest, and make them feel comfortable.

We will love to welcome you back to our destination.

Yours truly,
Woodland Hills
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

My second time here, it only gets better. 5 star all the way. If you come, try the main restaurant and ask for Isidro Calixto to serve you, he's the best waiter and a master coffee maker . We loved it !!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard L
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Richard

I am very satisfied to confirm that we have surpass your expectations!
It will be very important for all our guest to knoew that you definetly recommend our main restaurant, where we have great staff members like Isidro, who definetly, always give the best to make everyones dinner, an unforgettable one.

I am glad you love it !

Wishing you the best, happy new year!