“The Best Family Vacation!!”

Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Squamish, Canada
“The Best Family Vacation!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

We brought our kids out to Cabo while we were vacationing for a month. The week at our home resort in the Grand Solmar was just spectacular!! The staff treated us like royalty. From the Front desk with Bruce and Ramon to Cesar and Emmanuel they were all exceptional and we can't thank them more for making our Mexican Family vacation soooo special. We were upgraded to an amazing 3 bedroom penthouse with its own pool for no extra charge, how do you beat that.
The suite was just beautiful and perfect for our crew of 11 people.
Once again hats off and bouquets of roses to all of the staff!!
The Steinacher Family

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Marva S
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear MArva

I share your comments with our staff, specially Bruce, Juan, Cesar and Emmanuel from the front desk and bellboy crew. For me is always satisfying to know that our staff went above and beyond expectations.
We would love to welcome you back next year with all the family again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (932)
  • Korean first
Hutchinson Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

First of all, it is a beautiful property, at the southern tip of the Baja peninsula...directly on the Pacific. wonderful service,Roberto in Don Luis was a very nice and caring waiter( it wouldn't hurt for that restaurant to be open more than 2 nights. Gabriell made our meal at La Roche especially
nice. Our friends and I got the best massage ever, overlooking the ocean. My therapist, Luyren, was absolutely the Best. Our friends own at the resort and invited us to join them... Best Vacation Ever. One more thing, there were wines listed on the wine list that they didn'y have, small, but disappointing... We look forward to our next visit

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear CarmenandFred

Thank you for your sweet comments. At the momento we open the Don Luis restaurant for 2 nights, saturday and sunday, so the people can have more options while staying with us. We will see how it goes during this year, but i know people is loving the international buffete and the fish market night.
We are currently working in our wine selection options with our sommelier. I am delighted that the service provided by Gabriel, Roberto and our therapist Luyren surpass your expectations.

We will be waiting for you on your next vacations to serve you as you deserve.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Last week, my now husband and I had the wonderful pleasure of getting married at the Grand Solmar Lands End. The whole experience was incredible from the initial interaction with the wedding planner, Adrianna, to the actual ceremony and reception. Our guests all commented on how wonderful the event was and that it was the best wedding they have ever attended.

There are so many good things about having a wedding at the Grand Solmar. Here are just a few:
• The wedding coordinator, Adrianna. She is responsive, organized, friendly, professional and just outstanding. She provides suggestions when you need them and helps coordinate everything from the right package offering for your needs, the officiant, photography, flowers, music and decorations. She helps you work within a given budget. I never had to wait for responses over email while coordinating all the details. The day of the event Adrianna was on top of everything. Our guests loved the way she handled everything. Adrianna was superb.
• The location: can you find a more amazing place? The rocks, the ocean, the beach, the whales off the shore, the beautiful gazebo, the stars and the gorgeous landscaping of the Grand Solmar with the infinity pools, the cacti, and the natural beauty. It was a breath taking place to share my vows with my babe.
• The staff: everyone at the Grand Solmar are friendly, professional and attentive. During our stay of 7 days our guests spent a lot of time at the Grand Solmar and every exchange was pleasant and friendly.
• The vendors: our DJ was perfect! I would guess that 80% of our guests were on the dance floor all night! The photographer, Carlos, was everywhere and quick! I haven't seen the final photos yet but I am optimistic. The musicians for the ceremony and cocktail hour were excellent! The guitarist for the ceremony actually learned a new song. The officiant was perfect! He understood our personality and tailored the ceremony to our style. Everyone loved him.
• The food: go to any of the Grand Solmar restaurants and you won't be disappointed. Our meal was so good people were talking about it the next day, especially the chocolate tamales:-)
• The spa: as part of a wedding package you get a treatment at the spa. Everyone there was fantastic and all the hairstyles were tasteful and beautiful.

I only have positive things to say about our wedding at the Grand Solmar. A special thank you to Adrianna for being absolutely amazing!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Rebecca

I have no words to express my gratitue for this wonderful review. For us at our hotel is very satisfying to receive such compliments from our guest. That you decided to celebrate this special and unique moment with us is beyond words.

Adriana is someone that, as you mention, is at the top of her league, and as i can certified, is from the beginning to the end at any event. The difference from many other coordinators that are in other projects, is that she really cares, and is a perfectionist. She really make the maintenance, musicians, djs, and food and beverage áreas to be at their very best.

Always a challenge, but also, an amazing experience to show what the lands end service is about.

Thank you for sharing this with all the readers and guest.

We will be honor if you come back to celebrate your first year anniversary with us!

Congratulations!

PS. I can tell you, your photos are amazing! You will love them!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

We own a 2 bedroom time share at the awesome Grand Solmar. This was our 3rd yr there, 2 weeks this time...great idea!~ The lobby, grounds, rooms, restaurants, & pool area were spotless, unbelievably clean & extremely well cared for. Best of all the people there are amazing, they make you feel so taken care of & important. The waiters & servers, the lobby people, the maids, were all tremendous. I especially appreciated Manny at the transportation station along with Samuel and all the guys there. They always knew me and took great care of us. They are lucky to have you Manny! Erik at the Spa did an incredible job with my treatment. Thank you Erik.
The only suggestion would be to arrange constant shuttle service all the way down to the street. Those 2 hills were killers for my ankles. Thanks for 2 great weeks.

Room Tip: All have ocean view and are amazing.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kathy

I am very satisfied to read that your 2 weeks staying with us, were wonderful, and that our staff really surpass all expectations.
For me that means a lot. MAnny is amazing iun remembering names and faces, along with Sammy. They are always there to assist people at our motorlobby.
I will share your comments with the rest of the staff. and will consider what you mention. At the momento we have 24 hours taxi service and a shuttle service that takes you to our sister resort.

Thank you again for letting us pamper you.

Sincerely,,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

This was our second time staying at the Grand Solmar. I love the warm welcoming and exceptional service. Emmanuel remembered us from two years ago and made a point of getting to know my children's names. My children liked feeling as important as the adults!! Eben was a fabulous bartender making the best Mojito in Cabo! Monica was a wonderful housekeeper and was very kind. All the staff went above and beyond to make us feel at home in their fine resort.
I had an issue with a taxi driver not returning my change from a trip to walmart. My husband spoke to the manager and he got my change back and informed the taxi company of what had happened. He also sent us up a jug of lemonade for our troubles.
I'm very much looking forward to going back to the Grand Solmar next year and will be happy to see all of our favorite staff! Well done!

Stayed January 2014
Dear Hreese76

I am delighted that our staff went above and beyond during this stay for you. It is a privilege for me to know that we have a very important part in make your stay so special, and i know that Manny, Eben, Monica and our general staff will be very happy to know this.

For me as a manager is always important to know details that happen not only at the hotel, but things that can happen outside, and if there is anything we can do to assist you, you can count on us.

We will be waiting for you for your 3rd vjsit.

Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

We have never visited anywhere better. This is our third visit to grand solmar- and will be back. The service is great, food wonderful, and rooms incredible. Emanuel provides service like no other, Alvaro is a chef extraordinaire, and too many waiters to name that all deserve recognition.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Marilizabeth B
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear MArilizabeth

Thank you for your wonderful review, and your loyalty. We love to welcome back guest that feel we are their family. Emmanuel and Alvaro were the first persons that i bring personally to the Project 3 years ago, and they continue to deliver.
I will sahre also your comments with all our waiter, who really always look to surpass the expectations of all our visitors.

LEts make 4th in a row. We are here for you. Thanks again.
Saint Helens, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

This was surprise "find" when going through Interval to use an exchange certificate, and my oh my, did we get the luck of the draw on finding Grand Solmar...

This is a beautiful resort...on the Pacific side...we had room 6609 ....lovely and well appointed furnishings...excellent comfort in beds and pillows.....more than ample closet and drawer space....large balcony area with ocean view ....fully functional "L" shape kitchen....Double sinks in bathroom....walk-in shower....soaking tub....large dining area...Murphy bed with additional closet...tray ceilings with overhead lights in dining and bedroom area....AND WE JUST HAD THE STUDIO!!!!

Check in was a breeze and accommodating. New construction did not bother us, as we found it to be interesting as to construction techniques, along with the dedication and skill of the workers for putting in such a long day. We were told that the new building was going to have a couple more pools, kid slide and activity center for the children...with completion early 2015....

We enjoyed the close walking distance to the Marina, shops, and other restaurants, along with easy access for water taxi's out to the Arches, and Medano Beach area...went to The Office with excellent late lunch and service....suggest getting seating on the second row back from beach for enjoyment of the fine food.. This area has many vendors walking the beach for selling their wares and services...use Santiago water taxi service at dock 2 for transportation to and from The Office, and they charge $1.00 for Port Authority, plus tips as one feels...these are kind and friendly people.

Most of our breakfast meals were in our room to start our day. We used Playa Grande store and had a large selection for breakfast items...muffins, cheese, ham, and juices...we usually had late lunch or early dinner at Las Olas and Brisas pool bar. We went downtown one night to Maria Jimenez with food and service excellent for traditional Mexican food down to the hand made corn tortillas and frozen lemonade with mint... !!!!! On our last night at the Grand Solmar we went to Don Luis and had a delicious and filling dinner...Gerardo, our server was so kind and accommodating throughout the entire week at both Brisas and Don Luis...Gerardo is an excellent and dedicated staff representative for Grand Solmar.

Patricia in Housekeeping Services deserves many thanks and accolade for her daily service for our room and needs of daily linen change and towel replacement. Each evening each room also has the service of someone coming by to turn down your bed...really makes their customers feel special. Thank you ladies! Great job!!!

We also own and love the Hacienda Encantada south of Cabo... We went on the tour with Peter for the Grand Solmar and ended up purchasing a 2 bedroom Presidential unit with our daughter and son-in-law in mind for enjoyment for the years to come, and "we" hope they invite us along on one of their trips ; )....Grand Solmar is an excellent location for being so close for the younger set to enjoy the nightlife and dining at the Marina location. With both locations available now, we can all catch up when down in Cabo...

Our salesman Peter for the Grand Solmar was very informative and we didn't feel any pressure to buy. We just felt the resort was a good location and investment for daughter and her family to enjoy in the years ahead..

The resort is clean and constantly well maintained.. Landscaping and detail to pattern raking around the shrubs are meticulously done on daily basis....and we both must say how lovely it made the grounds when walking about the area..

The Ridge and Playa Grande are sister resorts with the Grand Solmar... All events and shopping at these resorts can be charged to your room at the Grand Solmar...Mexican Fiesta night at Playa Grande was a big event and enjoyed by many from Grand Solmar when visiting with other vacationers...

We were thrilled and happy with our week and exchange.. It was a 10+ for the resort, staff, and eating establishments...w

Thank you to all for making it such a special time and so looking forward to start our next vacation planning at the Grand Solmar...!!!!!

Keith and Sandy

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sandra R
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Sandy,

We are delighted and very honor to receive such compliments. Starting with the well equipped suites, with nice amenities. All our rooms have the Murphy bed, so there is more space in the room. The studios are large and all are located with excellent ocean views.
It is really marvellous the job that the obra crew is doing next door. You can seat there and watch how they créate magic in front of your eyes.
Actually the new pool, and kids club are going to be open next month, It is going to be amazing.

I will share your comments with Gerardo and PAtricia, two hard working workers who really go above and beyond always for our guest. Also with Peter who i have know for a few years now.
Our sister fresort offers a lot of great activities and theme nights with an amazing MC. I really recommend everyone to assist at least once while staying with us.

Today is a special day, as this website just honor our hotel with a mention as one of the top 20 hotels in Mexico. We are trill!

This is because of all of you that shares your experience with everyone, and because of the staff, who really are the lands end experience best ingredient.

Thank you again.