A friend and I just spent three luxurious weeks at the Grand Solmar, a beautiful and very well maintained resort located just behind, and a brief stroll to, the Cabo Marina. We had booked a studio but due to a slight confusion in booking the second and third week, thanks to the very accommodating and charming Front Desk Manager, Juan Ramon, we were upgraded to a one bedroom which appeared to be larger than my condo in Vancouver and was located in the building right on the ocean, treating us to the most fantastic sunsets every night. Upon arriving, travel weary and hungry we decided to check out Holas pool bar for a light dinner and were welcomed so warmly by Ramondo and Cesar we felt like we had come home again. The meal was delicious, as expected, and we went to bed that night happy and well nourished. Prior to dinner, our experience with check-in went smoothly and efficiently thanks to the pleasant, always cheerful and extremely helpful Cindy at the front desk. Our move the second week was also seamless and smooth thanks to our efficient bellman Arturo. Over on the adult side at the Brisas pool bar my favourite bartender Moses is always ready to make sure you don’t go thirsty or hungry. We tended to eat most of our meals in our room thanks to our fully equipped kitchen but when we did eat in any of the several GS restaurants we were not disappointed with the food or service and, of course, the Marina and downtown Cabo have more than enough great bars and restaurants all located nearby. All the staff at the GS are very friendly and willing to jump into action in a moments notice to help with any questions, etc. The majority also speak very good English so language is no problem. If you wish to avoid the sometimes pesky timeshare salesmen but have questions about your membership, the ever helpful and friendly Silvia Brunner, Member Services Manager, is definitely the lady I would recommend that you chat with in order to avoid the high pressure sales pitch. Another item to note is that, unlike a lot of other resorts, Senor Gutierrez, Grand Solmar’s General Manager is very visible and extremely approachable as he makes his rounds around the resort. His ‘open door’ policy is very refreshing. The Grand Solmar is very close to the nearest bus stop for your grocery trips to Walmart or Costco but should you prefer a taxi there is always one waiting at the end of the lane. We did not use the spa or fitness center so did not rate them. All in all this 5 star resort definitely lives up to its reputation and rating. I can’t wait to go back.
Note: The majority of my pictures were taken early in the morning in order to avoid the shadows which is why the place looks a little empty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Solmar is the new standard of luxury in Cabo San Lucas. Thoughtfulness and thoroughness are the trademarks of this grand resort. Every detail was considered right down to the intricate designs in the walkways, the stone entries to the rooms and the construction of subterranean passages so the busy staff does not interrupt relaxing guests. The award-winning design combines the grace of old world architecture with carefully crafted modern style. And the location will leave you speechless. A natural cliff forms the backdrop and guides guests to a lobby complete with a spectacular view of the mighty Pacific Ocean. From here, you can see pelicans soaring over golden sands and sailboats scooting across blue waves. Just feet away is the very tip of the Baja Peninsula in all its sun-drenched glory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Resort And Spa
- Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico