Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Breakfast included
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)
Excellent 5/5
Great 4.5/5
Tesoro Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Siesta Suites(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Restaurant
Viva Cabo Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Restaurant
3,378 results
All reviewsla rocasports bardon luisconstruction noisemurphy bedlands endthe pacific oceanmaster suiteinfinity pooltime sharemeal planfitness centercrashing waveswelcome homebell staffrooms are beautifulspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This resort is spectacular and the staff is outstanding. I would like to recognize Jacob, Octavio and Sergio...these guys took care of us and were very friendly.

We stayed in building H and had no issues with the construction.

Thanks again, your efforts are very much appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jill H
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Jill

Just finishing the day, and what a perfect way to go home...Thank you so much for sharing with everybody how your experience was, we are delighted you liked it, and on behalf of Jacob, Sergio and Octavio along with the rest of the staff, we want to express to you that we will be honor to welcome you back to our resort.
We are here for you and it is our pleasure to take care of you while being with us.

Muchas gracias de nuevo por todo!

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

This is our second stay at the Grand Solmar. The entire complex is just magnificent and built to last. The back drop, where the complex rest, is just magical! If you could imagine being at the base of the Grand Canyon and building a hotel five feet from that canyon wall.....then you are at the Grand Solmar. Yes....you can touch it. The rock structure is beautiful and, at one time, millions of year ago, must have been underneath water because of all the washed out caverns in the face of this rock. The famous arch, that has made Cabo so famous, is a baseball throw away. That is where this Grand Solmar rest.

Upon your arrival you will be greeted by some of the nicest valets. We have become friends with Manny and Samuel and it is always a pleasure to see them on our walks in the morning. They really go out of their way to remember each and every person. There behavior is unconditional and sincere. The best place to make a strong impression about your business is the first contact and Grand Solmar valets get flying reviews. They are all bilingual so no worries there.

You will be driven around from the Solmar to the lobby of the Grand Solmar because of the construction. Now I have read some of the negative reviews about the construction. Nonsense! That has been the most interesting part. I like getting my coffee and just watching them work in the morning. They will start digging a hole in one area and by the afternoon it is an oasis. Amazing. They are true craftsman and provide an abundant amount of entertainment. If the sounds bothers you just go to one of the other locations like the adult pool and listen to the massive waves crash on the beach. Much louder, but beautiful!

There are water features everywhere which makes you feel very relaxed as you walk the grounds.

The rooms here are very nice and well built. There is granite, tile and travertine everywhere. House cleaning is very efficient and even go the extra mile to turn your towels into Swans! Not Kidding.

The highlight of our trip is hanging out at the pool and just watching the ocean from the vanishing edge pool with occasional whales breaching in the ocean. Won't see that anywhere else.

I cannot say enough about our servers Roberto and Freddy. They have gone out of there way to make our trip easy and relaxing. We met Roberto last year when I proposed to my girlfriend and he arranged a beautiful dinner our last night that he planned completely. He made me look really good...... I myself could not have put this beautiful night together right down to the flying lantern. Thank you Roberto.

When you get to the GS you have many locations to rest in the sun....request Roberto and Freddy. Your day will be very relaxed and you will never need to leave your chair. You can even request dinner in your room at night if you wish. Try the lamb chops.....a five star meal. They are very professional, bilingual and a level of service you just don't find today. Other servers who are also exceptional are Sergio and Mateo. Thank you guys!

The massage service is outstanding. I have had Karen three times and she is a great therapist. Request it to be done at the cabanas near the adult pool. Thanks Grand Solmar and we will be back soon!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank jamesa438
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear James

I love how you describe our resort, I thing there is no better way to do it, puting the canyon Wall as a reference along with the rock structure, We are privilege indeed. I always remember the owner being very proud of his dream coming true, always looking for the best facilities possible for all the travellers.
I agree with you also on the first contact impression, and that is where our security and bellboys staff are present, we want them to be genuine, i thing that is what makes this place so special, we let the staff do their thing with a very specific training and programs. The charisma they have is theirs....and it suits perfect to the lands end experience. Being this your second time, you can note that we keep most of our staff, they are happy doing their job.

I specially thank you on your comments about the construction, A lot of people ask me about it, when they check other websites reviews. I can no agree with you more. The noise is not annoying and the guys working at this are experts on their thing, It is an experience to watch them work. We have many áreas like the pool you mention and everything will be ok. The waves are indeed much louder!
This weekend they will deliver to us a Grotto by Olas pool that i am sure people will love to use with a small waterfall.
I am sharing your comments with the engineers, the maids, Karen from the SPA, and the pools staff MAteo, Sergio and of course, Roberto and Freddy, both of this guys just won the "most mentions award" on all the websites form our hotel. they do a tremendous job! I know you love your dinner. We just support Roberto for anything he may need. It was his creation completely with the help from his coworkers.

. Thank you for your loyalty; we would love to welcome you back for a third time. They say that the third time is the charm...we are delighted that since the beginning we have been charming you all the way...

Thank you again!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We recently stayed at Grand Solmar for a week with my two young children. We had a fantastic experience. The pools, room, food and staff were all terrific. Sammy and Manny (Emanuel) called my children by name every day and were super sweet to them; Reuben at the concierge desk was more than helpful and really understood our needs; and Alecia at the spa gave one of the best massages I've had in a long time. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: The Master Suites are perfect for families
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ERGtravels

Dear ERGtravels,

Exceeding the expectations to all our guest is our main goal. That we suceed with you and your family is priceless to us, and we are touch and honor after Reading your review. Alicia, Ruben, Manny, Sammy are very special to us also, they really made a big difference creating this Little but special moments that i am sure you will remember forever.

Thank you again for your visit, we will be waiting for the complete family as son as posible,.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Grand Solmar is the ony reason we bought a time share. Although when the final building is complete, it will be another large resort, it remains very exclusive and private. The service staff are all amazing. When we arrive, we are "welcomed home" and the guys who have been there before give out hugs. We really do feel like this is another home, rather than a hotel. We appreciate the attention to detail by everyone who takes care of us. The restaurants are top notch and the servers at the pools are attentive.
The view couldn't be better, and in February the hupback whales are playing all day. Free entertainment!

Room Tip: Every unit is ocean view!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lora R

Dear Lora

We love that you feel welcome always at our resort, we promess you that even if we have more rooms and áreas in general, we will keep the same personal touch that our guest loves!
Being top notch is difficult with all the new ideas, competition and standards. Still, we believe that what makes a place unique is the way the staff provides the excellent service and secret TIMOS during the week.
Thank you for your sweet comments, we will be waiting for you to welcome you back on your next vacation.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had a great trip to Mexico and recently stayed at the Grand Solmar. The hotel is beautiful and the views are amazing. The room was brand new and gorgeous but we were woken up every morning at 7 to construction. This continued throughout the day so if you spend any time in your room it can be disturbing. They moved us to a new room farther from construction and a few days later we had an issue with sewer gas and had to be moved again. I would recommend this hotel in a few years when construction is complete.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Traci S

Dear Traci

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding the hotel. I am pleased that you found it beautiful and that you loved the views. To read that you have a great time staying with us is simple great!

Still, I would like to apologies on behalf of the staff of our resort for any bad experience you may have during your stay with us regarding the noise you mention or any complication your suite have regarding to the contractors. You can make sure that we act immediatly and already take care of this.

What is important for me, and i know that you noticed, was that our staff were always willing to help and assist you on anything you may need. That is what makes a big difference.

You will be more than welcome to our resort; you can count on us to make your experience unforgettable and unique.

Sincerely,.