I was nervous about booking this hotel as we were tossing up between other luxury resorts such as One and Only , or staying at a hotel closer to Cabo downtown. I'm glad we made the choice to stay at Grand Solmar. It's still a luxury resort but not located too far from town. (about a $12 cab ride or you can take a complimentary shuttle to its sister resort and then walk to the Marina and get a water taxi)
We were greeted by a welcome margarita and then asked whether we wanted to do the
" welcome breakfast" which is really just a timeshare presentation. We agreed to do it due to the free activities they offered which was well worth the 2 hrs spent. During the presentation you get a free buffet breakfast and I actually enjoyed seeing the resort. We got a tour of their penthouses which are absolutely amazing!
We stayed in the studio room which was absolutely beautiful. Had a small kitchen, very large bathroom and balcony overlooking the Pacific Ocean and immaculate pools.
The service was amazing and everyone that worked there was so friendly. It's a little outside of the main downtown but still close enough. It's a private and quiet resort, perfect for a romantic getaway or families.
I highly recommend this hotel in Cabo. And once it's completed (some sections still under construction) im sure it will be even better. Only negative is it's located at the top of a hill so it's a bit of a hike to the marina. They should include a shuttle that takes you all the way down instead of just to the sister resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Solmar is the new standard of luxury in Cabo San Lucas. Thoughtfulness and thoroughness are the trademarks of this grand resort. Every detail was considered right down to the intricate designs in the walkways, the stone entries to the rooms and the construction of subterranean passages so the busy staff does not interrupt relaxing guests. The award-winning design combines the grace of old world architecture with carefully crafted modern style. And the location will leave you speechless. A natural cliff forms the backdrop and guides guests to a lobby complete with a spectacular view of the mighty Pacific Ocean. From here, you can see pelicans soaring over golden sands and sailboats scooting across blue waves. Just feet away is the very tip of the Baja Peninsula in all its sun-drenched glory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Resort And Spa
- Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico