“Nicest resort we have stayed in!”

Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 20 July 2014

From the rooms to the grounds, meticulous attention to detail. Views are amazing from the large balconies, living room, and bedroom. Rooms are modern with upgrades you don't always see when vacationing. Beds are comfortable, kitchen has everything you need, including full size fridge. Makes it nice to be able to buy groceries, eat in and maximize your budget doing other things. They keep the grounds pristine. The staff are amazing, friendly, helpful, and professional. It's less than a 5 min walk to the harbor, and 10 min walk to center of town. Nice to have adult only pools. We also took advantage of utilizing the facilities at their sister resort.. Playa Grande, which seems to have more going on. Grand Solmar is a very quiet resort. The only down side for us, no activities at resort and you can't swim on that side of the ocean. Another issue for us, was that this resort is so close to harbor, you had to encounter timeshare sales men every time you walked out of resort. We were lied to by a man who said he was there to pick us up for the timeshare presentation we agreed to at airport. After 3 taxi rides, 4 hotels, and 3 hours later, we figured out he was hustling us and not the person we we're suppose to meet after all. I hope they increase security around the exit of the resort to protect the tourists. Overall great experience!

1  Thank Kerri O
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Kerri

What an amazing comment!

We are delighted that you enjoyed our grounds, rooms, details in general, the views, the beds, the pools and of course the staff. It was our pleasure to serve you. As you mention we plan to keep our resort very calm, total relax while being here. That is our main goal.

It is very important also what you mention regrding the people that are in the Street (vendors) that are in many locations of Cabo. We already present your complain to the persons in charge of some of this guys. I am sure they will asist us. I still encourage our guest to ignore them if posible, if you are not interested. If you are interested in our Timeshare presentations, we have the right girls here at the lobby of our resort and they will asist you with this.

Thank you again for your visit, your great commetns and recommendations; it will be a great honor to welcome you again to our resort anytime soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have stayed at Grand Solmar 4 times now since we bought a timeshare there and it just gets better every time. There has been some construction over the last 2 years but on this trip it was almost completed and there is a amazing new pool area.

The 3 bedroom unit is huge with great amenities and a spectacular view.The food and bar is very good, (but the bar is a little pricey, unless you wait for their 2 for 1 happy hour drinks.)

As great as the room, view and facilities are, the most impressive aspect of this resort is the staff. Everyone is sweet and kind and tries to make your trip a special experience. After being away for almost an entire year, its great to return and be greeted by name by staff at the bell stand, front desk, concierge and even at the bar!. I would be remiss not to add that Sammy and Manny at the bell desk are like your personal guides to whats going on in Cabo,and Ruben at the concierge desk has never failed to send us to new great places and always gets us a reservation.

If you are looking for a fun, relaxed and luxurious vacation, this is a great place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank flyguylosangeles

Dear FlyguylosAngeles

We would like to thank you on behalf of all the staff for your loyalty, It is very satisfying that our staff have done really great for the past 2 years. For them is really a pleasure to see not just new faces, for familiar faces, something that makes the experience more personal. We are delighted that you keep enjoying your 3 bedroom unit, and i willdefinelty share with MAnny (whose baby is 3 months old at the moment), Sammy (on vacation now), Ruben (who just sold another luxury yacht), Eben (just got a certificate after some mixology classes he just had), and the rest of the staff. It us always special when a guest is beynd nice with this guys. BEcause they really are interested in providing the best experience ever to our guest.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I own a timeshare at Grand Solmar and I absolutely love it!! The resort is amazing with incredible views of the ocean and unbelievable service from a very well managed and knowledgeable staff. Cindy helped us at the concierge desk, and the dinner recommendations she made were great. We especially loved Francisco Triano at the pool bar. He went the extra mile to wait on us and provide a relaxing pool and bar experience. I also can't say enough about the spa experience. We had massages by Erik, Luryen, and Karen. Truly an unforgettable spa treatment. Later we had pedicures by Kenia and Giselle. It was by far the best pedicure I've ever had. The staff was so attentive to every detail. Gloria the spa concierge took care of everything. I also have to mention the food at grand solmar. It is excellent. From the pool bar to La Roca to don Luis, we had delicious fresh food. I highly recommend this resort if you want to get away and relax and be completely cared for by top notch staff. I have no complaints of any kind.

Room Tip: Most have very good views of ocean. There is some construction so you might ask to be far from that...

Dear Julia

It is really great to know that a lot of our staff members surpass your expectations in terms of service. that Cindy, francisco, Erik, Luyren, Karen, Kenia, Giselle, along with Gloria did this is priceless to us. We want everyone to enjoy our pool services, bars, restaurants and spa.

We would love to welcome you back to our resort anytime son. It will be an honor to pamper you again.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I am a frequent vacationer, but this is the first time that compelled to write a review. I am still in my vacation there at unit #7602, 3 bedroom very luxurious unit ocean front with a great panoramic view overseeing the famous arch of Cabo. This is the fourth time we come to this resort in the last four years. A great maturity of this resort into a truly five star or even a six star :) resort is clearly a reflection of a great management from the general manager, Rodrigo to front desk manager MOD, Roman. Front desk staff have been great, helpful, caring, accommodative, truly five star service. Cindy in concierge has been very helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable with different activities and restaurants which is very important in her position and has been refreshing in Mexico. The resort's location is incredibly beautiful, peaceful but very close to all kind of activities. The all-inclusive package might seem pricey if you are a very light drinker which we are, but is a great treat quality and a treat. Just recommend to have Don Luis restaurant open full time for dinner to have more options for dinner.

1  Thank Hany N

Dear Hany N and family

As i mention to you during check out time and before at our restaurant, it is always special to pamper you all, knowing you from many years back when you were owners at our sister resort. BEing this your first review ever on this website, for us is very special being the ones that make this happen, We feel privilege. Your comments about Cindy, Luis at the restaurant, Roman, the entire front desk staff, Housekeeping really made more special this week.

As you witness we are working really hard each day to bring timeless moments to all our guest, and we have the support from our directives to do it. We are here for you.

And you will love the new options that we will have this next year in terms of location,& services.

Thank you again Mr Nakhla.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This is our second year coming and we'll be returning for many years to come. We love everything about the experience of staying here. The awesome people you meet... the beautiful suites...the most prideful and attentive staff in the world...and the views are just a few of the things that make Grand Solmar the AMAZING place that it is. My wife and I highly recommend that you stay here if you ever visit Cabo San Lucas, Mexico!!!

P.S.

A special mention to Roberto Martinez Aguilar!!! We have never met a more kind soul who takes great care of us when we come to Cabo...Thanks for everything Roberto!!! To the leadership of Grand Solmar, it's employees like Roberto that allow you to deliver a world class customer experience. Make sure you develop his talent for increased responsibilities!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anthony W
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Anthony

Thank you so much for your beautiful comments, it was a pleasure to welcome you back for a second year in a row; I will definetly share with all our ambassadors of service your kind words about Roberto, an extraordinary example of what the lands end experience is about.

Sicnerely,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed at the Grand Solmar Land's End from 7/5/15 -7/12/14. First, let me say, I have yet to stay in a Hotel/Timeshare that is perfect. With that being said I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the GS. I won't focus on the few inconsistencies with service I received, but, focus on a very well trained staff who made my stay most enjoyable. The resort is very well maintained and fairly new. Attention to detail is evident at Reception Desk, Pool Side Service, Housekeeping, Bellman, Concierge and Restaurants. There are ample pools and lounge chairs to accommodate guest, therefore, no need to get up early to ensure you have a chair to lounge on. Although there is an adult pool, I found all the pools without many children. The food at the pool side grill is indeed excellent and priced accordingly. Don't expect excellent and cheap to be used in the same sentence. I also ate at the Don Luis Reataurant where the service was excellent, however my food as well as others in my party was over cooked. Could have sent it back, but it was not the end of the world. The pools overlooking the Pacific Ocean are absolutely picturesque! The Ocean with the pounding surf is beautiful to look at and deadly to swim in, so no swimming in the ocean unless you have insurance to repatriate your remains. As a result of being on the Pacific Ocean you are away from the constant parade of vendors, jet skis, para-sailing and carnival atmosphere you'll find on Medano Beach, which is on the Sea of Cortez. There is construction at the GS, which may or may not impact you. My room was adjacent to the construction and I did not seem to notice. I was out of the room for a significant part of the day. In addition, it will depend on what's being constructed during your stay to know if it is a bother. Within the resort a number of the buildings are not impacted by the construction.

The GS is a 10 minute walk down a hill to the Marina, which takes you to downtown and/or Medano Beach. I have some health issues and needed to take an $8 dollar taxi ride from downtown back to the GS. Could not do the hill.

I exchanged my timeshare through Interval and I am fortunate to have gotten the GS as an exchange. I would do it again in a heartbeat. When checking in, you know the drill, I was sent to the timeshare sales desk to set an appointment. I was offered a free breakfast and $100 off an activity. I said, let me thing about it, and I was not asked again. The staff at the GS do not try to sell you anything. The staff is well trained to provide for your enjoyment.

I highly recommend the GS and thanks for the free WiFi...You will enjoy your stay!!

PS I know the management at the GS reads comments on this site. I have two recommendations, which are not complaints:

1) Put a drying rack on the balcony for swimsuits.
2) Have ice water in your reception where guest can help themselves.

Room Tip: ask to be away from the construction and for a view of the ocean try to get a room on the 4th floor...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travel4us-Sea

Dear Travel4us Sea

We would like to thank you for mention that you enjoyed your stay at our resort, specially in terms of services provided by our front desk, concierge, bellboy, housekeeping, pool side service and restaurant service. We also thank you for your recommendations and observations regarding some aspects of our service and the preparation of the food at one of our restaurants. We will follow up this. I am sure the readers will find your review very interesting as you mention details of our location and in terms of the construction área we are working at the moment.

We will consider your comments at the end of your post. I would prefer not having anything in the balconies. But we willl see of what can we do.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Upon arriving I seen the construction going on & had NO clue! I got really nervous & thought I'd made a huge mistake. When we got to our room & seen the rest of the resort my worries were then put to rest! Staff was super hospitable & very friendly. We never heard any of the construction noise going on until we were either leaving the resort or returning. During our stay it never bothered us. The restaurant La Roca was ok. The menu changes daily & it is pretty expensive to eat there, especially for a family of five! And just for being okay dishes, we decided by our 3rd day it was time to eat elsewhere outside the hotel for dinner. As for everything thing else, we were very happy with our stay at the Grand Solmar.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Sunkisthoney

Dear Sunkisthoney

Thank you so much for your comments. As i always me ntion to our guest, we are at the moment working in our new lobby along with our furute bar and all of this is just at the entrance of the resort, After that is just heaven, for real. Just relax and enjoy your vacation.
I really recommend the meal plan package for big families, even for a couple it is really worth it if you want to sabe some money while being at the resort.
You can get it at the frint desk or with our concierge.

Tahnk you again for trusting on us!