Just spent a week at Grand Solmar in a 1 bdrm master suite. I gave it a 5 star for what it is - a really great property & experience (it's not a Ritz or St. Regis). The Property: really high end, great pools, waterfalls, a unique beach setting with towering rock formations behind the property and on either ends of the beach. Beach is beautiful and walkable but not swimable - fairly large crashing waves which really add to the ambiance. No beach chairs on the sand, it's a pool place but the beach begins where your pool ends and it's ~30 yards to the water. Room furnishings and size of room top of the line, good sized balconies, kitchens equipped to cook. As good as the pictures you'll see. All the accolades given to the property in Trip Advisor are true. The Staff: top notch all of the way around, aiming to please from housekeeping to the bar staff. Jesus Peluche at the Brisas pool bar is the most welcoming professional you'll come across; also Carlos and chef Hilaria (and others) working with Jesus top notch. Literally everyone from the time you get out of your car is looking to take care of you. We experienced a fast, unexpected strong storm one morning. Pool chairs/umbrellas/cabanas thrown in the pool, temporary structures being used for the construction collapsed, etc. was fixed within hours, like something out of a Disney World transformation back to normal. Transportation: Cabo Transfers was great to/from the airport (ask for Miguel, charming young professional driver with a lot of local knowledge to share). They are there at the airport holding your name with a sign and pick you up at our hotel day of departure on time. You can book online. Cabo taxis are everywhere and very efficient ($8 for a 2-5 minute ride; $12 5-10 minutes, etc.). Seems more expensive than a big city so bring your small bills. Other: be aware, Cabo is not that cheap. 16% tax on everything so by the time you add tax/tip you're 33% over the list prices. Restaurants: only ate bar food on property (excellent). Recommended restaurants on Trip Advisor are accurate. You see a lot of 4/5 star ratings and I agree, standards are pretty high overall. We're food snobs and when I say food snob we can enjoy a dinner at Per Se in NYC as much as we can the best Chicago hot dog. Wine is a challenge - you won't see many recognizable labels so good luck. Had great experiences at Solomon's Landing, Baja Cantina on the Marina & Maria Corona (same owner), Hacienda Cocina y Cantina; regret not making it to Edith's (same owner as The Office and Maria Jimenez) or Mama's Royal Cafe for bfast. Mi Suenos on the Marina cooked our Dorado (Mahi Mahi) catch from a fishing trip 7 different ways and it was killer! Quite a chef working there. Some big fisherman guy said Mi Suenos does it better than anyone he's had in the world cook his fish, and I'm not arguing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Solmar is the new standard of luxury in Cabo San Lucas. Thoughtfulness and thoroughness are the trademarks of this grand resort. Every detail was considered right down to the intricate designs in the walkways, the stone entries to the rooms and the construction of subterranean passages so the busy staff does not interrupt relaxing guests. The award-winning design combines the grace of old world architecture with carefully crafted modern style. And the location will leave you speechless. A natural cliff forms the backdrop and guides guests to a lobby complete with a spectacular view of the mighty Pacific Ocean. From here, you can see pelicans soaring over golden sands and sailboats scooting across blue waves. Just feet away is the very tip of the Baja Peninsula in all its sun-drenched glory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Resort And Spa
- Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico