“Wonderful fishing charter”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful fishing charter”
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I chartered a boat for a full day (split into 2 4 hour days) with this company. We got a 35 foot boat that promised fishing, drinks, and meals. We got all of that and more! It was my wife and I with our 2 children (9 years old and 2 years old) and EVERYONE had a GREAT time! I recommend this company to anyone who wants to catch LOTS of fish and have a crew whose sole concern is the enjoyment of their patrons! Julio and Hector took such good care of all of us and went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed ourselves that I will go back to Cabo just for them! We caught 13 fish in the 2 half-day trips (9 Yellowtail and 4 others). The first day we caught all of the Yellowtail and Hector had his wife make us homemade Yellowtail burritos for the second day along with ceviche and sashimi (along with homemade salsa)! It was all amazing! They let my son "drive" the boat and even brought us to some siteseeing spots for pictures. We saw about 30 whales and they got a sea lion to come right up to the boat where they fed them for some amazing pictures!

These guys are dedicated to making their customers happy and everything was perfect! We will fish with them again!

Visited March 2011

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Sunset Da Mona Lisa - Mona Lisa Fishing Charter not very good”
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We heard the Sunset Da Mona Lisa was a great place to eat so I looked it up on their website and found they had a special deal for a 35' charter to fish. The accomodations would be a warm lunch, towels, and complimentary drinks to see the sunset at the restaurant.
Well, that is not what we got.
A guy named, Gerardo Corona, told us the Mona Lisa Charter would be at the San Jose del Cabo marina at 7am. It was not. If fact, the locals said it hadn't been around for 2 months and may have left to La Paz. We drove to the restaurant to find Gerardo, only to find someone who spoke little english but was very nice to let us use his phone to call him. Gerardo told us to go to the Cabo San Lucas Marina(more time elapsing to fish) and a boat should be there. Not the boat we paid for. When we got there, the crew was not ready and they ate our lunch which was not a warm lunch as stated on the website. I found out later charters should have the fishing license, lunch, and fueled before getting on which, again, was not ready. As we went out, the boat was rough with the waves. All of us had bruises after the trip. The crew never came down to see if we were ok. They just stayed at the top of the boat talking to each other. They changed the bait only two times not talking to us at all. We did catch a fish, but the crew did not have a knife making it seem like they weren't expecting us to catch a fish at all.
This, of course, was a bad experience. I will not ever recommend Mona Lisa Fishing Charter. I found there are some really reputable charters, such as, Picante Pride, located at the Cabo San Lucas Marina. It's better to check reviews before choosing.

3 Thank ellemg411