“Awesome First Ocean Fishing Trip!”

Edith Sport Fishing
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My boyfriend and I headed out on the Edith III with our two friends for five hours. Although one of our friends was seasick, and at different times myself and our other friend weren't feeling too great , we had one heck of a good time!

I usually fish for Rainbow and Dolly's on fresh water lakes so ocean fishing was WAY up on my list of things to try. I have to say I was amazed at how ocean fishing is done and I was really grateful for the captain and first mate answering all my questions about it. I'm still pretty stunned! Marlin on the surface?!

We had a really great time and within the span of 5 hours, we hooked on to seven Dorado's (Mahi Mahi) but only actually landed six. Our largest, I was told was about 30lbs. We saw three Marlin that didn't even bite which I was okay with, because who knows if we would have been able to reel one of them in! It was just really neat to see them. In addition to that, we were able to see a humpback whale, which I was told is fairly rare in October. Our first mate managed to get us three consecutive Dorado's, which was totally awesome!

Overall, I had tons of fun on the Edith III and would certainly fish with this company again!

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Hector put us with Bernardo (captain) and Mario (1st Mate) on the Edith III (31 foot) for an intended 8 hours of fishing. We were back in around 6 with 1 marlin and 7 very large dorado(Mahi Mahi) and exhausted. Mario was often working with two lines at the same time while giving us excellent directions (in English). A fabulous fishing experience when we only came out for dorado, and ended up with a 90#+ marlin. More than any of us expected. The cleaning crew on the pier did a quick and thorough job of cleaning the fish. We took home over 60# of fish and shared the rest with those involved in making this fishing trip one of the most memorable. Watch for poncho! Muy importante!

2  Thank bw13802
Reviewed 29 October 2013

It helps to have a great catch but Hector Director the Fish Collector put us on Edith 1 and Capt Martin and Skip Alberto really took care of us. Alberto really went the extra mile in explaining what we saw, feeding the birds on the way in, inviting the friendly seal up on the back of the boat for a snack, talking food and life in Mexico and really caring about getting as many fish as we could into the well. What a day! Tip well and give them a fish if you are as lucky as we were.

1  Thank Jonathan M
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My brother in-law and I fished with Alberto and Bernardo and neither one of us are fishermen. Alberto was great in showing us what to do and when , Bernardo is a hawk-eye at spotting activity . The tour started at 6:30 and lasted until around 11:30 . At first we caught a 25 lb dorado then the show was on my brother in law reeled in a 150lb Marlin which took about 1/2 hour to get to the boat. On the way back in I then reeled in approx. the same size marlin , mine was a catch and release so maybe you can catch him again . There is nothing like the rush seeing the marlin jump out of the water as you work to reel him in . Definitely take a camera or video recorder as you may see many types of marine life ( we saw a shark , stingray , 2 Sea turtles ) and of course the fish. If you book thru your hotel or a timeshare you can get a great deal . You will also want to bring a cooler full of drinks and some snacks ( saladitas or saltines ) will be good for those that may be queasy . As there was nothing available on the boat. When in Cabo this is a must do even for the most novice fishermen .

1  Thank Jeannie M
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I fished with Vincente & Abel on August 7 2013. My first trip to Cabo. In about 15 minutes trolling they had me hooked into a striped Marlin it took Two Hours & 45 minutes to land.Vincente & Abel worked hard to help me land this fish.They are a great Crew to fish with.The Marlin was 9' and 180lbs we kept the Marlin & I am having it mounted.After catching the Marlin we decided to troll back & landed 3 Dorado to ice the cake.Thanks for a great trip.

1  Thank redherring541