“Paying for Location”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: El Farallon is a Los Cabos restaurant tucked into the cliffs of The Resort at Pedregal that resembles a coastal seafood shop that has survived its share of storms. El Farallon invites guests to gather with friends to enjoy Cabo San Lucas fine dining and a casual atmosphere accentuated by the evening sunset above crashing ocean waves.
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I had decided to make a reservation here based on the location and the reviews but was not impressed. It is expensive and you are paying for the location which is nice but I was disappointed we could not get a reservation before 9:30pm. The staff was very friendly but I felt a little suffocated while eating because they were standing nearby. The appetizers are very small selections, I would have preferred to choose one appetizer that my husband and I would enjoy versus the 3 options. My sides were ok, the zucchini has way too much tomato paste. I liked being able to select our main dish and the detailed explanation they give you. The person who guided us to the restaurant was great and I thought this was a very nice touch. The creme brûlée with nutella whipped cream was the best part. It's a great experience but we definitely ate better at other locations.

1  Thank BostonA449
Write a ReviewReviews (1,220)

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Just go! If you're in Cabo you have to put this restaurant on your must do list. It was a true dining experience and the setting is to die for.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We made reservations prior to our trip upon a recommendation from a friend. We were not disappointed. The food is excellent! It is also expensive. However, there are several courses included with your entrée. The restaurant is outdoors, built into the side of a cliff overlooking the ocean as it hits the rocks. It is inside a gorgeous resort hotel where I would love to stay on a future trip. You will be warned that you could be sprayed as the waves hit the rocks. We only had a drop or two hit us, but be aware it could happen. I would recommend coming here for a special occasion or a romantic evening.

1  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I wanted to find a special place for my wife's birthday dinner. Well this place is special!! It is outdoor dining on a cliff ledge overlooking the Pacific (when seated we were warned that sometime the waves might splash us!) You drive through a tunnel through the mountain to get to Pedregal and then a guide walks you to the restaurant. The seafood is fresh and when ready you are escorted to the fish counter where you actually pick the fish you want for dinner, how you want it prepared and sides. The fabulous view and incredibly delicious food was appropriately complimented by terrific service. I had mentioned to the hostess when being seated that it was my wife's birthday and they surprised us with a desert cake with candle and special card. Nice Touch.
It is expensive, but (am I really saying this?) worth every peso! It can be cool but they have propane heaters at almost every station and Mexican blankets if you get too cold. If you love great food in a spectacular setting the El Farallon is a do not miss restaurant.

1  Thank Bryan H
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The atmosphere was wonderful! The food was delicious and the waiters (all 5 or 6 of them) were great. The steak was so good and tender. I am not a seafood person but my friends are and raved on their seafood.