“Excellent Fun Trip”

The Sunderland Pirate Ship
More attraction details
Owner description: The "Sunderland" A unique and unforgettable adventure not to be missed! Built in 1885, she is the oldest operating English Tall Ship in the world! We offer daily tours starting in the Bay of Cabo San Lucas, past "Lover's Beach", "Lands End" and the famous "El Arco". Tours include; "Hands on Sailing", "Whale Watching", "Snorkeling", and "Sunset Cruise". All tours include appetizers and an all inclusive bar! A historical and exiting adventure for all!
Auckland, NZ
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Excellent Fun Trip”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We did this trip as an excursion from our cruise ship and had such fun. My husband and I love all boating and The Sunderland is such a grand old lady of the sea, full of character and history. We were greeted onboard by the crew and made to feel at home, safety was explained and we cast off for a fun few hours during which time we hoisted the sails which looked spectacular and sailed down the coast to the rocky outcrop and got great close up views. Refreshments were served throughout the trip. We anchored in a bay to go snorkeling and Harley accompanied us and watched over us the whole time, safety measures were exceptional with ropes to guide us and very clear safety instructions. Back on board the barman was mixing up amazing drinks and music was playing as we sailed back into port where the same barman did an amazing swing off the ship onto the dock to help tie the ship up. A great day with a fun, professional crew. Thank you.

Visited April 2013

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Crew on a Tall Ship”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We were supposed to have our sunset fajitas dinner on a modern catamaran, but they ran out of space so we went with the pirate ship Sunderland. I thought dinner on a "pirate ship" would be hokey, but I was very pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't. While the crew did wear pirate type clothing, that was it for the pirate theme. The crew was great. Friendly, helpful, and possibly the hardest working people we saw on our trip. One of the crew went up into the rigging putting on a nice show. They raised two of the forward sails for the first half of the trip. My girlfriend was very impressed that it was a real sailing ship that was over a hundred years old - though it does use a motor most of the time these days. The only problem with the Sunderland being an old sailing vessel, is that the bath rooms are primitive. The fajitas dinner was very good - tasty and seconds if you wanted it. Also, dinner included an open bar. We were very happy to be on the Sunderland instead of larger modern catamaran.

Visited May 2013
Alameda, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Magical Evening!”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

It was quite an adventure for a 5'3 California girl + cowboy hat + boots to make it to Sunderland via water-taxi boat. Nonetheless, it was all worth it for what the cruise had offered me that evening - something I'd like to call "magical"!
Without the amazing crew (Francisco, Elvis, Ana... last but not least - Dannie) who shows the love and dedication to their jobs and to the tourists' experience, this would just be another cruise from Cabo I'd forget about instantly.
With them I've learned so much (despite the explosion of happiness in my brain as on-going tequila shots keep coming my way) about the history of El Arco, the 1800 classic wooden boat , manually manuvered headsail, mainsail, mast and boom...
What will be keeping me coming back to Cabo will not be the fancy resort I paid for, but the warmness of the people of Cabo who never hesitate to show me a good time, to teach me a little about how simple life could be with contagious smiles and love.
Until next time, mi amigos!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Veronica V
grand mound iowa
“what a great way to watch the sunset...”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We spent two of our seven evenings in Cabo aboard the Sunderland in February. Vacation is all about new experiences so I'm amazed we chose to do the same activity twice! Our first sunset cruise was so much fun we returned the next evening. Captain Elvis fulfilled his promise to raise the sails the second evening as the first evening was too calm. The boat is old, authentic and awesome; no fiberglass, chrome or plastic. The crew was fun; music selection appropriate; and the simple meal they served from the tiny little galley was just right. Nothing high tech or modern about this attraction but the Sunderland is a mighty little schooner with an awesome crew. Highly recommended!

Visited February 2013
Granite Bay, California, United States
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Treasure in a Pirate Ship!!!”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

On March 19th 2013 my best friend and I took a cruise on the Sunderland. It was truly a wonderful experience. From the second you enter the boat the crew are at your beck and call and taking care of every need that you might have. The boat was spotless and filled with rich history that only a boat like that can offer. The drinks were delicious and the food was great too. The crew on the boat were extremely professional and our safety was of utmost importance to them. Thank you to the Sunderland and it's crew for giving me a night that I will carry in my heart forever.

Visited March 2013