“I dream of Margarita....Favorite restaurant in Mexico!!”
Review of Lolita's

Lolita's
Ranked #165 of 628 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Family run restaurant, authentic cuisine, probably not at all well known by tourists; caters to locals more than tourists. No web site.
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Out of all the places in Los Cabos, Cabos San Lucas, and La Paz that I have visited, this is my favorite restaurant for authentic delicious cuisine. The food is a bargain for the price. It's off the beaten path only by a few streets, a hidden gem. The place is cute and has a character set by the owner with specially picked tequilas adorning the walls and a relaxed environmet with open doors and few large family-sized tables. The owner is sooo nice and you feel like you are in his home while he serves each dish with pride. He made us their signature Margaritas served in grand glasses, squeezing oranges himself for the base. Everything I have had there was delicious...from the legendary style quesadilla to their melted queso fondue made with wine served with delicious tortillas to their huevos rancheros...soooo delicious. When we asked for fish of the day, he apologized for not having any on hand but promptly went out himself to bring us a fresh fish, very tasty with garlic all over.

Highly recommended...I have been dreaming of going back since my first visit 2 yrs ago...and it did not disappoint upon my return to Cabo. My only concern is that when all the tourists learn about this place, I don't want it to change.

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

We ate at 15+ restaurants in Cabo and this was BY FAR the best restaurant in Cabo. The service is amazing. The salsa's (6 different kinds) are unique. The margaritas are all fresh squeezed right in front of you. Everything on the menu is delicious. The atmosphere is like no other. AND it's the only place that had real refried beans!!!!! We went everywhere looking for a place that serves real refried beans and none of that black bean stuff. Only place! Absolutely delicious! We recommend all tacos (specially the shrimp tacos) and all steak dinners (their steak was the best I had in Mexico, almost the best I ever had and I'm from the Midwest where "beef is what's for dinner"). Venture off the beaten path and eat at this place! It's a MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We walked there from Playa Grande and had a wonderful surprise. They are usually busy during the day, but we were the only ones there about 7:00 PM. The service and attention we received were great. The margaritas were the best we've had in Cabo. We watched them use fresh oranges and limes in the drinks. The sea bass, enchiladas, and pozole were excellent. What a deal we got. The total for 4 (with margaritas for all) was about $15 each. I would definitely go again. One thing to be aware of, they don't take credit cards. Take pesos or dollars.

1  Thank laura57149
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We came here twice in one day! Alfredo the owner was super nice. Margaritas are a must to get! The fish plate with garlic was the BEST ive ever had! A def must when visiting cabo! Prices are so reasonable!

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Great location and great service. This is a quiet little gem where the owner treats everyone as if they were his only customer.