Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$162
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$344
US$263
Melia.com
  • Pool
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$531
US$388
  • Breakfast included
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$610
US$441
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$215
  • Pool
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$228
  • Pool
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$216
  • Breakfast included
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$178
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$877
US$3,439
1,792 results
All reviewsla parrillathrough vrboswim up bardesert spasister propertiesfull kitchenmedano beachwasher dryerlands endpoolside restaurantpool staffspring breakhuge balconymaster bedroomfamily vacationmeal plangold card
Reviewed 20 March 2011

First, we love the place, and we'll probably go back. But they are so close to being "GREAT", but just a little short on a few details.

Summary in order of interaction:

Bell staff - Second to none. They were helpful, informative and you never felt obliged to tip for every question. They were really the best part of the staff.

Check-in/Desk staff - How do you say grouchy in spanish? The check in process was clunky at best. They have no map of facilities...they said they'd try to find me one "tomorrow." Our room wasn't ready, which I honestly think is a ploy to get the restaurant some business. I saw every day poor folks, about 2:00 pm in their street clothes eating lunch at the pool, apparently waiting for their room to be ready. On our check-in day they told us at noom, it would be ready at 1:00. After lunch, they said sorry, it will be ready at 3:00, promise. The place they fall short is they don't tell you anything about the facilities, they have no documents that explain how things work, etc. Even the pre paperwork is lame...like we would have liked to have know there were washers and dryers in the rooms! I swore I saw they rented DVDs...but they don't.

Pool staff - very friendly

Concierge - she was great, patient and had great suggestions for local restaurants. I tried to give her a tip the day I was asking her to make several dinner reservations, and he thought I handed it to her in error!

Housekeeping - thorough, but our room was done every day between 3:00 and 5:30 pm! We go to the beach, and come back and no housekeeping.

Spa - I wish I had gone there earlier in my trip. It was great! They offered a promotion while we were there, 80 mins if you pay for 50 mins. And the facilities were beautiful in the spa.

I agree with what everybody said, about the facilities being beautiful. We were in a two bedroom suite which was perfect for our family of five. You are far enough away from the downtown to feel insulated from the little honky tonk in town, but close enough for a ten minute (100 peso for five people) taxi to any restaurant.

Costco, Sams and Walmart are also very close, another cheap cab ride. We paid a cab 100 pesos to go to Costco, and he wanted to wait an hour for the 100 return fare. And for a modest tip (or I saw people doing it themselves with the hotel carts) the bell staff will deliver your costco boxes right to your room. There's no embarassment in hauling tons of food through the lobby. We saw people doing it every day.

The taxis are all big 10 pasenger vans, which is great for our party of five. We always struggle having to get two cabs in most cities, but the Cabo taxi vans are great.

Besides the check-in staff being rude to us at every opportunity, the WIFI is WEAK!!!! You can sit in the lobby and get a thin connection, or sit on the your deck and pick up the outside WIFI. I think they broadcast off the roof of the bathroom by the pool (honest) so everybody hits the same network. And often I would get kicked off it when trying to access it with my IPAD. I actually sat in the lobby for 90 minutes one day (I'm stuborn!) while I tried to download the final Bachelor episode off itunes. It took that long. I heard people complaining about it all over the resort. Ok, I should be unplugged, but it's nice to read the news, etc...and it's tough with there weak signal.

We did have trouble with the AC. IT being mid march, it got cold at night. The air was blasting, and our room on our first day was about 60 degrees. We finally had to call houskeeping and they sent somebody out to tell us, duh, they have no heat. They tried to show us how to use the AC, but while my conversational spanish is good, the nuances of operating the AC is difficult to understand in spanish. So we just shut it off, and they brought us extra blankets!!

Ok, so it was a little confusing for us being first timers, there's no question this is one of the best locations in Cabo. Cabo is a great town that feels safe, have lots of police, and the shop keepers and restaurant operators know they need to cater to tourists, and they really do.

We have high standards, and we tried not to be too high maintence, really. They just need a little more info for first time travelers, and a new manager of the front desk staff.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DaveD_Nashville
Reviewed 19 March 2011

We had a most fantastic family stay at VLE. Ignacia and Carlos were amazing as they took complete care of us, our reservations, and coordinated activities for all members of the family throughout our stay. We had gorgeous views, as the hotel is beautifully situated on Medano beach... great for long walks and swimming. Lots of activities, parasailing, fishing, sunset cruises kept us all happy and busy.. never a dull moment. The extra large pool with swim-up bar was great. The Spa is one of the most amazing ones i have ever been in, so don't pass up the opportunity to make an appt there!

1  Thank MMOTulsa
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We stayed at Villa Las Estancia during Feb break this year. We were blown a away by the accodomations. Malcolm (whom we booked with) was so informatative and so helpful in everyway. So patient with my 40 phone calls. The villas were not only beautiful, but very clean. It met every expectation above and beyond. Was a little leary about going to mexico. Felt very safe and everyone was so polite. The resturants were great in the hotel. The staff was so polite and couldnt wait to serve us in every way.
The location of the hotel was perfect. Kids swam in ocean everyday. Did jet skiing, glass bottom boats, snorkling, tubing and banana boat rides all day. Have kids ranging from 7-16 and everyone loved the vacation!!!!!
Can't wait to go back!!!!!

1  Thank Susaned1005
Reviewed 5 March 2011

my boyfriend and I had a wonderful stay at villa la estancia. unfortunately, there was some construction during our stay which was quite annoying, but it was otherwise very peaceful. We walked to the center of town on several occasions, either by street or by sand. It's not too far but can be tiresome if you are out and about all day. the grounds are absolutely beautiful and the beach is gorgeous. water taxis are readily available whenever you need one. we were never approached for a timeshare which was fantastic. we didn't eat at the restaurant because it was too pricey, but we did eat lunch regularly at the pool and it was very good.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2011

La Estancia is a great place to stay in Cabo. Not too far from the downtown area. The beach is great and so are the pools. We traveled with are teenagers and two other families and had a great time. Our 2 bedroom suite was beautiful and very clean. The very large balcony had an amazing view of The Lands End formations. The staff was so professional and polite. We would stay there again.

1  Thank dsantora