“Much better the 2nd time!!”
Review of Villa La Estancia

Villa La Estancia
Ranked #8 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Prospect, KY
“Much better the 2nd time!!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We chose Villa La Estancia again because of the great location and nice pool area. Management was much much better this time. I believe they have done some good training since our last visit. 3 bdrm villa was updated as indicated online. Loved having the market to stock the refrigerator. Our kids enjoyed the arcarde and ice cream shop. Lunch choices were very good by the pool. I would recommend Villa La Estancia.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank powercarsearch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 June 2012

A group of about 30 went down for a family vacation. We went through a condo rental site for our rooms. My immediate family had a two bedroom condo (One with 1 king bed and the other with 2 queens) with a living area in between. I also had chance to visit all of my family's rooms and everyone had a beautiful condo. Loved them. The entire property was immaculately maintained and the staff very friendly.

It's true the food and drink through the resort may be expensive but I think well priced to other resorts. And the food was good but not delicious. If you're a foodie you might find it a little boring. Would recommend a quick trip to Walmart to stock up.

This resort is a quick taxi into town or even walkable and we all enjoyed the flexibility of being able to eat and drink at the resort or head into the local hot spots for dinner and what not.

In Cabo I've stayed at Las Ventanas, the Westin (several times), Dreams, and La Estancia. For the money, La Estancia wins in my book. Las Ventanas is by the far the most luxurious and if I had the money and wanted a more romantic destination I'd go there but between the Westin, Dreams, and La Estancia, La Estancia is the clear choice.

Pros:
- Great for groups
- Close to town
- Beautiful resort with all the amenities
- Friendly and accommodating staff

Cons:
- Maybe expensive for singles or couples (take with a grain of salt after doing some research)
- Food is good and certainly edible but not yum-yum delicious

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank lennix1776
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Stayed in a one bedroom villa and it was BEAUTIFUL. What a great place and a spectacular view. Beautiful beach and amazing pool and pool bar. Quick taxi ride to town where we walked the marine and ate at great seafood restaurants. Staff at the hotel was friendly and very helpful. Had a great trip. Thank you.

6 Thank tlfraser
Tucson
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Myself and two other families stayed at Cabo La Estencia in the Pent House Villa for week. What a beautiful place and view. Amazing never experienced anything close to that in our lives. Beautiful Beach, many water activities, beautful pools and amazing spa. Just a quick taxi ride to town or shopping. We used the taxi service many times and never had to wait and always felt safe and the taxi drivers so friendly and love to share information about the area. La Estencia were profesional and so very helpful to us. We always felt very, very safe and never worried about anything. The staff is so helpful and pleasant at all times.

Before we planned the trip we worked with G. Giovanni Giammaco from Naional Realty Group. As we had never done this type of a trip I had many, many questions. Mr. Giammao was so helpul in finding us the best villa at the best price. Everything was very smooth. Up to the day of the trip I still had questions and he was there to assure me and get the information I needed quickly.

Thank you for a trip of a life time. We will be back to Cabo and will stay again at the La Estencia next time we may not need the pent house (1806) but know I can count on a great vila and a wonderful time.

Brenda Vildusea & Famiy

Room Tip: Get a room with a view it is amazing and so worth the extra fee if there is one.
5 Thank Brenda V
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We picked this hotel because we were traveling as a large family, with several members who needed apartment-style suites. Villa La Estancia was great in that regard: rooms were spacious and comfortable, with a full kitchen, laundry closet and even a third bathroom in the living room in case someone was visiting or sleeping on the sofa bed. Another good thing was that there was an all-inclusive plan available, so in my case (I have 3 teenagers) they could go out and eat and drink all they wanted with zero effort on my part, while my sister who has infants could make her own baby food in the comfort of her kitchen. Bathroom amenities were by L'Occitane so I was happy. Staff was nice, and the concierge helped us out a lot when organizing a tour for 18 people. A couple of downers: my father and his wife had problems with their air conditioning that never managed to get resolved... and also, we could never make it into the sushi bar or the Italian restaurant because our group was considered too large even when trying to make reservations a couple of days ahead.

Room Tip: I loved being on the first floor, so we could go in from the pool through the glass doors in a minut...
3 Thank MariaRPaiz
Washington
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My new wife and I booked our honeymoon at Villa La Estancia for 11 nights on Expedia for around $220/night for a 1 bedroom villa (1500sqft), which we were told was an extremely cheap price for this resort. No surprise, we were stuck in the least desirable room, ground floor, behind the lobby. After asking the staff to be moved several times, they told us that there were no available rooms because of the G20 Summit, and the fact that 90% of the rooms are owned by individuals and not the resort. After a little more complaining (by my wife), they moved us to the 4th floor with an awesome view and threw in a 3 day all inclusive peace offering. They were very professional, and treated us with respect. The all inclusive package offered all you can eat and drink privileges for all 9 restaurants, all of them are top notch. We were dining on filet mignon and drinking their best wines. Needless to say they made up for sticking us in a crappy room for a few days. The resort is top of the line in every department and we will not even consider going elsewhere next time we book a Cabo trip.

Room Tip: Look on expedia, vrbo, or craigslist, as most of the rooms are owned by individuals and not the reso...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CsabaMundi
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This was honestly the best vacation I had ever been on, the villa was so nice. The showers and bathroom area were stunning and I felt like I was in a spa in there. Also it's very close to the beach, so all I had to do is go down the elevator and I was pretty much in the beach, the pool had a swim up bar and I could spend all day there. Defenitly stay here if you're in cabo. You wont regret it! :)

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family