“A True 5 Star Experience”
Review of Villa La Estancia

Villa La Estancia
Ranked #8 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Calgary, Canada
“A True 5 Star Experience”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We went with our extended family and had a great time! The hotel is very well built of top quality materials with huge rooms and comfortable furniture. The bathrooms are palatial. We had a room on the second floor but still had a partial ocean view. The swimming pools are great, the staff is attentive, the atmosphere is quiet, and you feel pampered the whole time. We really felt like it was a 5 star experience throughout.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Duncank60
rvanbalderen, Gerente at Villa La Estancia, responded to this review, 16 February 2013
We thank you for sharing your experience with others. We hope that in the future you give us the opportunity to host you once again on your next visit to beautiful Cabo.

Cordially,
Rene Van Balderen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

My family has stayed here many times. It is always great. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Carlos is the most helpful concierge ever. Setting is great. And the facility is 5 stars. Always a joy to visit la estancia. Can't wait to come back again.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank djh5723
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

King regards,
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We stayed in room 2502 for over a week and the views are breath taking. Just sitting on the large patio and having your breakfast, reading a book or just relaxing. The unit is huge and the mastersuite has a bathroom which is massive. Turning on the shower knobs are confusing to get the proper setting. Wish a cross breeze came thru a window too in the shower. The washer and dryer are also great to have on hand. The 2502-B is great for family who have their own bedroom and shower, but are part of your group. They also rent it out separate. Must say the bathroom in the kitchen/livingoom also has a shower in it.
We only had one meal at the grill on site, when we arrived, waiting for room.. Mostly checked out restaurants in cabo. Loved Tabicso's on beach, Mango's, Mario's for shrimp and steak, Salvadora's for Italian, huge portions, must share. Cabo Wabo for dancing and music,and Ripps for drinks. One of my best swedish massage on the beach for $30.00 us for 60 mins.
The pool was warm, loved the hot tubs.
I like the fact they have a money exchange in the hotel next door on site.
The grocery store/Medical, pharmacy and deli/coffee/smoothies has everything on site.
Never a shortage of taxi's ready to go, the front hotel men are very nice. $8.00 to town or 15 min. walk.
House keeping came 4 times and made everything clean.
The only thing in the unit would be time to get a new couch and area carpet.
Also just a FYI, when you book a fishing trip, make sure you have enough bait and instead of them asking you do you want to fish for Marlin or amount of fish, they should be telling you what condition of the water and not take you thru 8ft waves and a rollercoaster ride which over takes you by the boat fumes in your face.
Very safe place too. Will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in 2502 and it was centre back and you had a full view of the pools, landscaping, of the...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sunshine B
We thank you for having choosing Villa La Estancia as the ideal place for your vacations. We hope to have the opportunity to host you once again on your future vacations.

Respectfully,
Orangevale, California
Reviewed 5 February 2013

My family (2 adults, and a 24 year old, a 20 year old, and a 19 year old) and I stay here for 2 weeks (end of October, through beginning of November) every year. It's always so pleasant. I've never interacted with nicer staff anywhere in my life. They are so nice and so accommodating. The swim up bar is great (get a Miami Vice. You won't regret it), the pool is fantastic, the hot tubs are superb, everything is great! It's right on the beach too. So just walking through the pool area and down the stairs to the sand is great. Waking up early and getting a cup of coffee and sitting on the balcony watching the ocean is so relaxing. I also really love that they'll call a taxi for you. You're never far from anything to do if you stay here. This place is well worth the price!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank ohheytherejessica
rvanbalderen, Gerente at Villa La Estancia, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Villa La Estancia. We look forward to welcoming you in next October and provide you the quality of service you expect and deserve.

Best Regards
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 2 February 2013

This was a last minute booking for our fall break trip that was supposed to be to New York City. Unfortunately, Sandy caused us to cancel all of our plans ( we got all of our money back, much to my surprise) and try and quickly re-book to Cabo. I changed the length of our stay in Cabo and am still waiting for my $800 refund for the night we did not stay. I have gotten emails from The Villagroup saying "we will take care of it" and nothing yet.
But beyond that the property and condos were beautiful, the staff exceptional and the service on property some of the best I have had. We enjoyed the meal plan and found all of the restaurants great! The chef went out of his way to cook the Mahi we caught ourselves perfectly!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank We4travel2020
We thank you for your kind review. Your comments have been forwarded to those involved. We hope to have the opportunity to host you once again in a near future.

Arlington
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I want to write a long review that lets everybody know what to expect when you stay at Villa La Estancia with 2 children. We did do the all inclusive option called either the "gourmet eating plan" or the "premium meal plan". They were running a special that the kids stay and eat free. Let me just say there is NOT a huge choice for the children. If your kids are picky and not the age where they cannot eat off your plate they are required to eat off the childrens menu in the restaurants that are not buffet. The kids menu through out all the resorts (Arco, Palmar and Estancia) are basically the same. They can choose from quesadilla with chicken or steak with fries, grilled cheese, chicken fingers, fish strips, peanut butter and jelly sandwich and mini hamburgers. There are a few other things that I can't remember. I will say after 8 days and that menu 2 times a day got really old for the kids. We did attempt to do the buffet because of this at Palmar, however, we ran into 3 occasions that the kids could barely find anything that they liked. I even had a issue once that I didn't find anything I liked and I'm not picky. The buffet was hit or miss at Palmar. Either really good with a ton of choices or not good at all. Just depends on your individual taste.

As far as the room, we were in room 3203A. It was a 2 bedroom, 3 bath suite and it was beautiful! Everything I expected and more. I do not have any complaints about it. A great view of the sea and pool. Beautifully furnished, comfortable beds and pillows, always cleaned to perfection ( and I have a cleaning business so I really have an eye for finding dirt). The one thing that I did not like was the mosquitos! They somehow were in the suite when we arrived in each bathroom. Not a lot of them, just that they were there and my son is allergic to the bites. So we did deal with a bite that swelled up to the size of a golf ball that required us to go to the pharmacy at Palmar and buy a $14 tube of hydrocortizone (2.5% which requires a prescription in the u.s.) which worked great. Also, we were supplied with new towels, mints, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soaps every day. Never an issue with not having them when we needed them in each bathroom.

The pools were great! Del Arco has the best and is heated and feels like bath water. It is so nice and you can swim at anytime and not have to adjust to the temp as it's perfect! Having said that we were not allowed to use the Del Arco pool. We didn't realize it until the end, so we obviously did it anyway. It's weird how they have it set up. If you stay at Estancia you can go to Palmar and use their pool, but you can't use Del Arco's pool. Del Arco and Palmar can not come to Estancia. The pool at Estanica was always quiet and relaxing. No noise and no activities. Occasionally (probably everyday, but I didn't notice because we were at other pools) they had water aerobics that looked fun. The only pool that did some minor games and activities was Palmar. Palmar was loud on occasion with children and adults and a water slide that was fun for the kids. The upper part of the pool is for adults only. We were approached and asked to move in a very nice way. With the pools you are certain to find one you like and there are comfortable chairs and plenty of room (at this time of year anyway, we went Jan. 23-30). They have pool towels that we brought with us from Estanica everyday to any of the pools. The jacuzzis are all over and they varie in temperature. Either really hot or slightly hot, but you are sure to find one that you love. I had quite a few. I think Estanica has 4 or 5? The waiters are good and bring you drinks to your chair. The way they have the all inclusive set up with different from other all inclusives if you are used to all inclusive. SInce there are people there that are NOT on the meal plan they require a signature and room # with every drink and food order. Can be annoying when you are trying to enjoy the pool. However, the least of my worries in such a beautiful environment :)

The beach was not the greatest, but given the other options around Cabo I hear it is one of the nicer ones in the area. If you are used to fine soft sand it is not. It has small rocks mixed with course sand and I don't even think you could build a sand castle? We didn't try, because we did not spend much time at all on the beach. The flag was always on red and it was not safe to swim. If you want to just lay in the sun on a chair, it certainly meets all of those expectations. Also, it is hard to walk in... although I did see quite a few people strolling down the beach.

The spa at Del Arco was disappointing. I would like to say it was probably that I just had a random experience which probably does not happen to most. They seem organized for the most part. They did not put down all of my services on my reservation and were not able to to accomodate all my requests. Also, they say if you want to enjoy the facilities (which you can only enjoy if you have a spa service) (saunas, whirlpools, plunge pool steam room) you need to be there a 1/2 hour early. I was there early, but they spent so much time trying to figure out my reservation that I was going to take a step into the whirlpool and it was time for my service. It was disappointing and they seemed unapologetic. One of my services was great and the other was so so. I did get to enjoy the facility after my services, but I felt like I would ruin what I had done by enjoying the entire facility. It was disappointing. They did say I could enjoy the spa the rest of the day, but since my service was done at 5:30 and the spa was only open until 8... it didn't seem like such a great deal. It would have been nice since they screwed up my experience that they would have allowed me to enjoy the facility the following day as well. I really only wanted to enjoy it for about an hour on my own.

I hope this gives everybody a accurate idea of what this resort is like. Please feel free to ask me questions if you would like to know anything.

Room Tip: We were in the 3rd phase. I would say the 1st and 3rd are the best. The higher the floor the furth...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank Jessi R
rvanbalderen, Gerente at Villa La Estancia, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
We appreciated the time you took to share your experience with othes. Your comments are highly appreciated as they assist us in our effort to improve our service. We hope to have the opportunity to host you once again on your next visit to Cabo.

Kind Regards,
Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

This is the fourth year my husband and I have rented a condo at Villa La Estancia. We have been happily satisfied every time.
The staff is friendly and welcoming. The pool is beautiful and has enough chairs for all the guests wishing to sit. There is pool side bar and food service. The grounds are landscaped nicely and taken care of. The villas are well stocked with dishes and any thing else you could want. The accommodations are first class.

Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Jcs S
We are pleased to know that you had a grate time at Vila La Estancia. We look forward to welcoming you soon, on your next vacations.

Cordially,