Apologies for the lateness of this review. We (wife, three boys [17, 14, and 11], and my Mom [75 and mobility impaired (wheelchair)] went back to Villa La Estancia for Thanksgiving 2012, having been there for the first time for Thanksgiving in 2011. We again booked the condo (3101) through Malcolm and Vicki at La Estancia Vacations, and they were once again on top of everything and helpful in every way. So easy, honest, and willing to do everything necessary to make sure the vacation was successful. I would not hesitate to recommend them if you are looking for a condo at La Estancia.
My earlier review of this property pretty much is still applicable. There were some changes that I will note, but the overall experience was the same. Relaxing, relaxing, relaxing. I again cannot say enough about the amazing location of Villa 3101. If you are looking for an ocean front three bedroom condo on the ground floor only steps from the pool and the beach, this is it. Be aware that the ocean front condos are not cheap (I could not afford it without my Mom, God bless her), but if your pocketbook can handle it, try it out.
Some of the minor wear and tear issues from 2011 were fixed (Thank you!), but the Villa is still showing some age and wear and tear that the owners should think about working on - again at the price paid, near perfection should be the goal. But I get it - you are paying for the size, location and view - so the still minor issues are merely fleeting thoughts. Once you look out at the ocean, Lands End, the landscaping, the pool, those minor issues disappear.
The service was great. All staff, from house keeping to the wait staff to front desk were friendly and helpful. Some of the restaurants had changed from the prior year, but all food everywhere we ate at the resort (and at the neighboring Arco and Palmar) was very good in my opinion, though I will admit I am not a very picky eater and my view may be skewed by the fact that I was not paying for any of it, so you may want to weigh the reviews of others more heavily on the food side.
As compared to the year prior, there seemed to be a lot more families and more people generally, maybe due to the better economy. Despite the increase, the resort remained relaxing and quiet and remarkably, all children were well behaved. Due I believe to the wet weather Cabo had in the prior months, we noticed quite a few more bugs than last year, including huge bird-size moths (slight exaggeration, but they were big) that loved to hang out in and around the condo.
If a quiet, relaxing, upscale condo experience is what you are looking for, Villa La Estancia is an excellent choice, and I think most of the other recent reviews reflect that.
The hotel staff was very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the tip of the Baja Peninsula, an idyllic retreat awaits at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa, Los Cabos. Known for its refined elegance, sophisticated style and relaxing atmosphere right on Médano Beach, this resort creates an experience to relish. The pampering begins the moment you enter the lobby of the luxurious Villa La Estancia. Located on Médano Beach adjacent to sister properties Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa and Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, this five-star retreat prides itself on offering magnificence amidst a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa La Estancia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Estancia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel La Estancia
- La Estancia Hotel
- Villa La Estancia Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico