I'll start with what we liked. We were originally booked at the Villa Del Arco and they upgraded us to the Villa Le Estancia. The hotel is very nice, grounds were great. The room was nice, spacious, with a great view of the beach. Although the porch we had was shared with another unit, we never saw them so it was nice to sit on the balcony. The resort was laid back and relaxing. It wasn't too "spring break-ish" for us, but it was still fun. It wasn't super crowded. The pool and swim-up bar was cool. It was great having the beach right there although it was too rough to swim in.
Now, for what we disliked. When we checked in, we were given a map of the three hotels that were tied together and the restaurants, but it didn't tell you any information about the restaurants, what their hours were, etc. We tried going to a couple places that sounded good only to find out they were closed or not open yet. There weren't any places open later at night either. Service at every place we went to was very slow. We would wait forever for a water, coffee or a drink.
All inclusive did not mean "all-inclusive". There were a lot of things that were not included such as coffee with alcohol as an after dinner drink or room service after 10:30 or decent alcohol. We weren't asking for top shelf, but we wanted a little above the well. They had a list of mixed drinks at the swim-up bar, but they had a small dot by the ones that were not included. The drinks we did have were very watered down. I heard more times than I cared for that "that is not included in your package". They should have a disclaimer before people purchase an all-inclusive package.
A couple things I will add is that we liked Josue at the main restaurant. We went there for breakfast every day. He was a great waiter and very friendly. Also, the chilaquiles for breakfast and the chicken tinga was really good. We also really liked the taco bar over at Villa Del Arco. The waiter was great. Right before our drink was empty, he was there offering us a new one. The tacos were really tasty. We especially liked the steak tacos and fish tacos. Overall our trip was relaxing, but they need to step up there game.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the tip of the Baja Peninsula, an idyllic retreat awaits at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa, Los Cabos. Known for its refined elegance, sophisticated style and relaxing atmosphere right on Médano Beach, this resort creates an experience to relish. The pampering begins the moment you enter the lobby of the luxurious Villa La Estancia. Located on Médano Beach adjacent to sister properties Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa and Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, this five-star retreat prides itself on offering magnificence amidst a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Estancia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel La Estancia
- La Estancia Hotel
- Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas, Mexico