Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$458
US$441
  • Pool
Cabo Villas Beach Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$295
  • Beachfront
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$198
  • Pool
Tesoro Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
US$120
US$278
  • Pool
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$306
US$245
  • Pool
Hotel Mar de Cortez(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$67
Hotel Santa Fe Los Cabos by Villa Group(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$69
US$943
US$920
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$178
1,776 results
All reviewsla parrillathrough vrboswim up bardesert spasister propertiesfull kitchenmedano beachwasher dryerlands endpoolside restaurantpool staffspring breakhuge balconymaster bedroomfamily vacationmeal plangold card
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was our third year back to Villa La Estancia. We have stayed in different units each time, but all have been well equipped and very, very clean. The location in Cabo is perfect for the family: the beach is swimmable and close to town, but still very quiet. The housekeeping and front office services are always impeccable.

Room Tip: Pick a room in building 1 or 2 to avoid intense afternoon sun on the patios
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Mitch B
Management_VLE, Gerente at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear: Mitch B:

Thanks very much for prefer Villa La Estancia, is nice to know that your last three experiences with us were as expected, relax, help full, well equipped and very, very clean.
I hope to have the opportunity to host you by fourth time here in your home Villa La Estancia.

Cordially,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

First, the positives: great location, the pools are quite nice, and the rooms are amazing.

Now the negatives: I normally give nothing but positive reviews and am far from a service freak, do your job competently and fairly and I am very happy but we are on day 4 of our stay at Villa La Estancia, and have been nothing but disappointed at the service on all three properties (Arco, Estancia & Palmar). Our original reservation was at Villa del Arco, we were upgraded to La Estancia. Which was fine, but we had to argue with them that we actually had purchased an "all-inclusive", which was clearly stated on our confirmation. Since then we've had nothing but issues with the service.

1) Dinner reservations are required at the restaurants in all three properties, but the concierge wouldn't give us the extensions for the restaurants and insisted we go through them. The first time we called the concierge, he told that we didn't need a reservation (which the restaurant strenuously disagreed with). Then on a different day, we asked for reservations and the concierge told us they had confirmed the reservations but when we showed up at the restaurant, they claimed were never called. We are now collecting the restaurant extensions ourselves to bypass the concierge.

2) Since we are on an all-inclusive plan, we didn't pay much attention to our food bills until we noticed last night that they charged us for five appetizer buffets when we ordered a single one. We checked back on our bills and have found several more mistakes (on the bills we kept) including at least once when we were charged for premium alcohol (which is outside the plan) that we didn't order. Very underhanded.

3) We got a call last night where the maintenance person basically accused my daughters of breaking a vase in our outside shared entryway. Quite an accomplishment when they've never been in that space without us. In addition, we have seen other resort guests, the resort maintenance staff who spent about 5 hours working on the neighboring door on two different days, and the cleaning staff all walking through the area, often with large unwieldy objects that would have been much more likely to accidentally knock over something. It is unacceptable for the staff to decide to try to intimidate us into accepting the breakage charge for something we didn't do and, in fact, are the least likely culprits.

4) Restaurant service and food quality has been very spotty. If you wait less than 10 minutes for your bill, even after the rest of your party has left the restaurant, consider yourself lucky. Bread is supposed to be served with the meal. We've had it delivered quickly twice, once after sitting for 40 minutes (10 minutes before the food arrived, yes it does take that long) and once they never bothered. Ordered the same dish at the same restaurant twice, first time outstanding, the second time poor at best. They just don't seem to care.

Many of the staff that we speak to (cleaning staff & pool staff) are very nice and very willing to help us within the scope of their duties. One of the waiters not only remembered us and brought up something we talked about the first time he saw us, but also managed to get the bartender to put noticeable amounts of alcohol into our second round of drinks. It is sad that we feel that these people are the exceptions rather than the rule.

We expect to be very unhappy when we checkout with ridiculous charges that we will have to dispute, probably without success. This is simply not the way you should run a business.

Overall, we might stay at the location again. Never though with the all inclusive package. We are less than half way through our stay and due to the service are not feeling very "relaxed".

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank rgc007
Management_VLE, Gerente at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear. rgc007:

We appreciated the time you took to share your experience with others. Your comments are highly appreciated as they assist us in our effort to improve our service and we would like to offer you our apologies for the inconveniences. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Cabo and provide you the quality and service you expect and deserve.

Cordially

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Third visit to Estancia. Very nice resort thats kid friendly but does not put up with riff-raff. Our 2 bedroom unit was like a home away from home. All of the staff is friendly and professional. Will be back next year.

Room Tip: Book from owner via VRBO. You will save money!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank GCN1

Dear: GCN1:

Thanks very much for prefer Villa La Estancia like your second home, our friendly and professional staff are waiting for you and your family the next Year.
See you very soon.

Cordially

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My BFF and I stayed at Villa La Estancia for 6 days. The first day we got there they had our hotel room ready which was great. We then changed into our suites and hit the pool. When we first arrived I laughed a little loud and was told to shush.. that we can not be loud. It was just a laugh.. no screaming or yelling. So needless to say we didn't stay at the hotel pool the rest of our stay. The food was decent but most of the wine is not included in the "all inclusive package". I was still okay with the hotel at that point. When we left we were in a bit of a hurry. I accidently left some brand new (tags still attached) workout clothing in a drawer. All of my workout gear was in the same drawer. I called the hotel immidiatly and they claimed they found my clothes. I finally got my box and low and behold they sent everything except the clothes with the tags. I was so angry at this situation. Clearly they stole my clothing. It would have been different if my clothes were scattered but they weren't. Overall the stay was okay but I will never go back to any of their resorts again. THEFT IS SOMETHING I WILL NOT TOLERATE. It was my fault for leaving the clothes but I still expect a nice hotel to be honest as well. Thank the lord I locked up my valuables during the day!

Sincerly,
Denise

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Denise P
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here for 7 days with kids ages 9,12 and 17. Our condo was clean and spacious. We loved the location on Medono beach...close enough to enjoy the water but far enough from the public beach access where it was crowded. Our kids went back and forth from the beach to the pool...we stayed at Estancia 90% of the time because the pool was not crowded and it clean. The other resorts are easily accessible but I enjoyed La Estancia better. We did not do the all inclusive so cannot comment. We ate every breakfast at the condo and 2 dinners. WalMart and Sams are a 3 minute drive from the condo so we enjoyed relaxing at "home". The balconies are great too!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with small children make note that the rooms are not completely joined. You have to access them by way of the balcony or through a private gated entry hallway. For older kids it was an awesome set up.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Chelsea E
Management_VLE, Gerente at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear. Chelsea E:

Thanks you for share your family trip experience with us. I’ am thrilled that you found at Villa La Estancia the special place to enjoy your vacations; Villa La Estancia always will be your home in Cabo.
We look forward to greeting you all again soon and helping create special memories for you and your family.

Best Regards