“Amazing Resort and Experience!”
Review of Villa La Estancia

Villa La Estancia
Ranked #8 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Amazing Resort and Experience!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We chose Villa la Estancia for our friend's Bachelor party, and it could not have been a more perfect location!

Starting with the rooms, which were spacious, well adorned with amenities, and very comfortable in every way. We had a 2 bedroom suite right next to the pool, which was perfect and extremely convenient for going back and getting drinks. If that seemed too far, the swim up bar was perfect, as they had a great selection of drinks to beat the heat and charging everything to our room was extremely convenient. Not only that, but everyone there (bartenders, service staff, front desk, etc) went out of their way to help make our weekend fantastic. We truly felt like featured guests at a premier resort. Also the easy access to the beach was very convenient for going into the ocean, jet-skiing, or taking a water taxi to downtown. Really, a great combination of a fun daytime atmosphere by the pool and relaxation as well.

All in all, best resort I possibly could have stayed at, and I can't WAIT to have another chance to stay at Villa la Estancia again!

Room Tip: Rooms on pool level were great and convenient if you plan on going in often. Otherwise, there are gr...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Josh J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed in the penthouse for 4 nights in July '14 and the room was great. Also, Vlad was incredible. Very nice and very helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a good family a friend get away.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank David55711
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our stay at Villa La Estancia was simply perfect. The staff was all so friendly, welcoming, and accommodating. The concierges are always there to answer questions, give suggestions, make reservations, etc.
VLE is in a great location as well. It is right on Medano Beach and is very conveniently located to the town of Cabo. We rented a car, but it is not necessary as VLE has taxis available at all times.
We did not do the all inclusive option but we commonly got food from the poolside grill and it was great! The only bad thing about the pool is people reserve chairs early so be prepared!
Overall, I could not say enough good things about this place. Our stay was incredible and we cannot wait to go back!
We rented through an owner on VRBO which I highly suggest to all!

Room Tip: Get a room near an elevator or else you'll spend a lot of time walking around! Higher floors...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank zachtuck
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Let me start with the pros. The resort is very pretty, the rooms are beautiful but.... The cons: I was told that it was easy to see my sister staying at the sister resort next door however, the 2 times she came to visit she was told to leave by Carla who was EXTREMELY NASTY! My sister is 59 not a child causing a ruckus. The restaurants were hot with NO fans. We did the all-inclusive which the food was fine however they took forever to bring out your dinner or get a drink at the pool. It was ridiculous. The only person that was helpful was Ler. The others were not welcoming. I would not return to this resort. I did not feel catered to at all.

• Stayed July 2014
14 Thank Antnat2013
Floresville, Texas, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just got back from VLE. We usually stay at the Villa De Palmar. La Estancia is 100 times better! Especially if you want to just relax. The Palmar is the the party hotel, not for me. We booked through Costco travel at the last minute and they were awesome! Our room was great, 3206B. It had a view of the garden and pool. Make sure you close the balcony door all the way or the AC won't turn on. We were on the all inclusive plan, which I totally recommend. The restaurants, staff and food were all great, except that first morning for breakfast. I waited forever for someone to bring me some water. Other than that, no complaints! Special recognition to Araceli. She is an excellent waitress! My husband and I appreciate great service and always tip well when we have it! The pool was fun. I read reviews that they shush people when they're loud. I didn't see this happening and there were a few loud people at times, nothing crazy though. We went at the end of July and it was so humid and hot! It was a wonderful time at La Estania and I would go back without a doubt!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank KathyS778
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This place was amazing. The rooms were spacious. Great beds, great view when trying to rest. We had a studio. The pool was perfect, easy access to the ocean. This part of the ocean is swimmable-an issue in Cabo. I had the all inclusive package!!! Would do it again in a New York Second! The food at the resort was amazing. All of the choices has the freshest food..the shrimp tacos by the pool!!!...OMG! Plenty of drinks with Good Alcohol... Ask for a double...who cares! The staff was great. Helped w/excursions, etc. Loved Villa LaEstancia I would go back

Room Tip: Average to quiet. Thank God!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank Tanisha23
South Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Gorgeous resort. Last summer I stayed here with my husband, my parents and my siblings. It was such a nice, relaxing family vacation. We did nothing but sit by the pool or the beach, drink cocktails and eat snacks. It was perfect! We also had dinner at "The Office" which was just down the beach. The food was delicious and we were literally eating on the beach. Would definitely go again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family