“wonderful place to stay in cabo”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa La Estancia

Villa La Estancia
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
GreenLeadersBronze level
indiana
“wonderful place to stay in cabo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2009

we will be here 4 more days if you would like to ask anything i can answer while still here.
it is beautiful, safe, not so crowded as most resorts are during spring break I would guess because all the owners dont rent out their large and very comfortable condos. highly recommend if you are staying in cabo to stay here

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank susanmarieelizabeth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2009

This place was incredible. We booked our trip through a private agency (who I found on Tripadvisor before we booked it) and I couldn't recommend them enough. I'll put their contact info below. For those that haven't been to Cabo before (we hadn't), it's the best weather of any place I've been to (including Hawaii, the Bahamas, and other Mexican vacations). It's 85 all day, high 60's at night, not a cloud in the sky, and oddly enough, no humidity at all. The resort is beautiful and kept up incredibly well. The pools are amazing; perfect temperature and we saw them taking readings in the pool regularly to make sure it was as clean as possible. Everyone that works there is friendly and accomodating. La Estancia shares their restaurants (and everything else I think) with the two sister resorts on either side. Both are well within walking distance and very nice as well. My wife and I like to hit the restaurants/bars at night and a $7-$10 cab ride will take you anywhere you want to go in town. Check out Squid Roe for a really fun time like you've never seen before. The staff is hilarious. Anyway, I'm having a hard time thinking of negatives for this place. The wireless internet wasn't great, I guess. It still worked fine though. If you're planning on working on your laptop the whole time you're here though, you're going for the wrong reasons. This may have been one of our best vacations ever and while we love to try new places, I don't think we'll be able to pass up coming back here again. Get in touch with Donna to book this. She and her associates will make booking this and anything else you want to do there really easy and as affordable as possible.

Donna Penyak

[-]

[-]

3 Thank Towleway
vancouver, british columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2009

I can't ask for a nicer place to stay. The view is spectacular. You can catch the bus down the hill back and forth for only $7 pesos each way to downtown. Coming back from downtown, you can catch the Wal-Mart bus in front of Puerto Paraiso where the Haagen Das store is and keep on your right to find passengers waiting. The next door resort, Villa Del Palmar is really noisy but the restaurants offer better value. You can buy fresh bakeries at the Supermarket at 8am and they are gone fast. But one scary thing that I have experienced while taking the cab ride from Estancia to the airport is to find the cab driver half asleep on my way to the airport. I was totally shocked and vowed never to go there again as I am truly afraid for our lives.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank orchid_8
Huntington Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2009

I stayed here with some friends this past November for our annual girls trip. We chose it as it was the nicer of the 3 Villa condo hotels in this complex, and we found a great rate with our travel agent. It has the 3 hotels that you can eat at and have signing privileges with, a very large and beautiful spa, and a little shopping center in the middle. The shopping center has a little market, a video rental, an ice cream shop, and some retail shops. The hotel itself is nice with almost a European touch to it. The condos are large and spacious with connecting units for larger groups like ours. The only downfall on these rooms I see is the way they block off the balconies if there are different people from different parties in the 1 bedroom and studio condos that share the balcony. It's really just a large piece of plywood that they prop up. A little tacky. But the gourmet restaurant is lovely with some great food and wines! We walked down the beach to Medano Beach and the restauarants there, like Nikki Beach and The Office. Only about a 10 min walk, depending on how fast you walk. All in all I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank hbbunny7
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2009

We stayed at La Estancia for 10 nights for our honeymoon. We rented our villa from a private owner and got exactly what was pictured in his ad. Our villa was huge--we really only used the main part, which consisted of a large kitchen, fully equipped, large living and dining room, and bedroom/bathroom suite. We had usual privileges at the resort, including charging to the room etc. The villas are beautifully furnished and really clean--we had no trouble with the maids coming as scheduled. The pool area is really nice, with a swim up bar and waiters to get you drinks etc. The waiters would also come to the beach from time to time. The water in the pools was heated and there were also 5 hot tubs that were nice to use in the evening--they had great views of the ocean. The beach was lovely--no, it's not sugar soft sand like the caribbean, but it was still nice. A very different landscape than the Caribbean as well and we just loved the views. The water was always really clear and we didn't have a problem swimming because of current. The water was a little chilly though, but fine after you heated up from the scorching sun. I was initially worried that Cabo might be cold for me (from Texas) but the weather was nothing short of perfect. Overall, this resort was wonderful. We had no problems to speak of--no smell etc. The only negative, which is why I put four stars down for service, was that I had the distinct impression that the concierge had an agenda with where to recommend for dinner--later I heard there are kickbacks. For restaurants, I recommend Maro's Shrimp House (ate there 3 times!), Mi Casa, La Panga. PM me if you would like info on the owner of our unit or any additional information.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jcgstir
Canton, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2009

2 bedroom condo that was very nice and well equipped. Maid never showed in our 8 days until the morning of check out and she left an empty envelope under the door with her name on it so we could tip her. Wow - she never even stopped to say hello or to take our trash. I didn't need the beds or towels changed - we had a washer and dryer, but the trash needed hauling out. Why tip some one you have never seen? Estancia is very pretty. pool area is extremely nice and the four hot tubs are very nice to utilize at night. Condo's were not crowded so it was quiet but you almost couldn't get into the water because of rip tides. It does get annoying after about 3 or 4 days of people on the beach wanting to sell you something every 3 minutes. Also the cruise ships stopping out in the bay every day really distracted from the view. Restaurant was expensive as is Cabo for drinks at most places. In Mexico I'm not used to paying 10 US dollars for a drink. Sand is more like crushed rock - nothing like the caribbean. 8 grand for a weeks vacation was a little high for what we received (including food and airfare).

2 Thank beachbumfromtexas
Elk Grove, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2009

The Villa La Estancia was a very nice place to stay. I would suggest that you go to Walmart/Costco the 1st day. It cost $7.00 to get and downtown Cabo. Both are in walking distance and it's a good idea to bring your walking shoes. It takes 15-20 minutes to walk to either. Costco is further and cost a little more to get to. The one Bedroom Villa was exceptionally nice and large. It could sleep easily 8 comfortably. They have all the comforts of home and necessities. Be sure to look in all cabinets and you will find some items that pervious guess have left behind for your use. The Staff is very nice. The grounds are very well kept and very romantic at night. It is a bit expensive at the resturants and pool bar. In other reviews you will read about a smell. If you are a traveler, it's nothing that you haven't smelled before and it is not over baring. It doesn't linger around all day or for long periods of time. They ask if you would like to take a tour of the property when you 1st arrive. They are not pushy about their sales and won't bother you over & over. The pools are nice, but have seen better. You will find that the smaller pool is warmer both day & night. They are salt water pools. Bring your sun block, Ladies your cover ups for later. You may think the sun isn't hot enough to burn. You will. Also a sweater/jacket for night, it does get a little breezie and cool.. This is not a party resort and is quiet after 9:30PM. Great for families, couples, groups that enjoy one another. A good place to eat is the Office on the beach but Pricy for dinner. Has good entertainment and music. Salomons Landing on the Marina has great Seafood for the amount & price. Mi Casa is good Mexician Food if you use the discount card that you get from the Estancia. I believe they seat you in the back of the resturant because of the discount card. I wasn't pleased about that. To eat out is exspensive in Cabo. We did not do activities because we travel alot and have done most of them already.

If you bring your Lap Top you have a jack in your room for the internet or you can connect through wireless connection. Of course not the greatest response. Plug in jacks are sparce around the pool area.

Bring change that you will not spend for your last day. The resort does not give change in US dollars. I find this to be a problem. However, I found that if you ask nicely at the Market on the grounds. They will give you change. When leaving and at the Airport Do Not buy and drinks that you can not finish before boarding the Plane. In Mexico you can not take them on board and they still take all liquids and search all carry on bags.

3 Thank cchase22