We checked in on 07/11/09 and stayed until 07/18/09. The grounds are great and the pool is great with a swim up bar. They have a store on the property where you can buy anything you need, water, beer, eggs, milk you name it. They have a deli and ice cream shop. A wifi cafe $5.00 per 30 mins about 10 lap tops. The service was great from the start to finish. The Villa La Estancia is a little different since they are not a time share property but a private residence property. One gate gets you into 3 properties owned by the same company so when you drive up to the entry gate they will always ask you which hotel and your room number. The Villa Pal Mar is the oldest, Villa La Estancia which is the best of the three, and the newest one is the Villa Del Acro which is also nice. Now for check in: a nice towel to cool you down along with a beer, a water or a soda. You meet the check in person who asked you for your credit card and votcher. Now comes the sales pitch from a very nice young lady that we told no thanks to the 30 min or 90 min pitch and she walked away and never asked us again. We heard from another couple staying there that the 90 minute tour is very high pressure and to be careful. The first thing I asked for was an upgraded room without even seeing the room that we paid for. The check in person said no problem but first let me show you the room we booked. He took first us to a room close to the front desk. Me and my wife both took one look and had to think it over for a few seconds because the room was very nice, but had two beds and told him that we would like to see another one. My orignal request was for a one bedroom but they had none. So we followed the man like puppy dogs and he kept walking and walking until we were one room away from the ocean. It was a studio type room with a king bed, a fridge mini bar was full of drinks: water, soda's, and beer. Also on the sofa table was a nice selection of wine and great liquor bottles. The prices were high (as all mini bars are) so we asked if they all could be removed. 30 min later a nice lady came in a removed them all. (We were going to Wal-mart to stock up anyway). The Hot Tub was a nice touch in the room and not one but two huge closests. They have an in-room safe which we used. I asked him what the price diffrence per night was he said normally $50 per night additional but he talked with his boss and give it to us for $30 per night. I told him to put on the card we are not moving. The view was to die for. You could hear the ocean and check out the pool and pool bar from the balcony. We were going to try for the all inclusive but the price was a little to high for us. $89 per person per day which they have posted on the check in table. We had no plans to eat at the hotel since there are so many great places to eat in Cabo. We had a problem with the A/C but told the check in person and it was fixed that night. I received a call from the A/C guy about 10:00 PM that night to make sure it was working correctly. We left a tip each day for the cleaning lady and the room was in great shape each day. At the end of our stay she will leave an envelope with a note thanking you for staying there. We left an additional tip. You can walk on the beach to town if you bring snow shoes since the sand is really soft. You will do it once and never again. A taxi into town one way about $7.00 dollars plus a little tip. It cost about $10.00 dollars if are going to the back of the marina we did not find out until the last day after going their about 5 times and only paying the $7.00 dollars plus tip. We walked down every street in town and felt safe. My wife said not to keep typing any longer, they may not read it if it is too long. I can't brag about it enough. We can not wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the tip of the Baja Peninsula, an idyllic retreat awaits at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa, Los Cabos. Known for its refined elegance, sophisticated style and relaxing atmosphere right on Médano Beach, this resort creates an experience to relish. The pampering begins the moment you enter the lobby of the luxurious Villa La Estancia. Located on Médano Beach adjacent to sister properties Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa and Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, this five-star retreat prides itself on offering magnificence amidst a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Villa La Estancia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Estancia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel La Estancia
- La Estancia Hotel
- Villa La Estancia Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico