Let me start by saying that we enjoyed our stay at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort and Spa. There are a few important points about the resort that need pointing out. The resort is located on the Pacific side of Cabo (no swimming in the ocean; never!) but who cares when you have such a picturesque view of the ocean and the sound of crashing waves. Incredible! Besides you have access to 5 pools which all have views of the ocean including the sky pool at the very top of the resort, what a view!
We also need to address the fact that the resort is located on a hillside or should we say cliffside. There are several layers to the resort starting with the beach at the low point all the way up to the sky pool which is at the high point of the resort. Several long winding paths make there way from one section of the resort to the other. We stayed in building 20 which was one of the larger sections of the resort below the sky pool to the right hand side (6th floor). The view was incredible as we not only had the entire view of the resort but also 180 degrees of ocean view. It was a great spot to get up early mornning drink some coffee and lookout for whales as they made their way up the coast (late November thru Early February). For those of you who are not physically fit, walking is not an option! The path down is easy but the walk up is treacherous for someone who is not in shape. Don't worry! There are literally a few dozen carts going up and down to pick up guest to take them to their destination of choice, pools, restaurants, main lobby etc. I actually enjoyed the steep windy paths as they provided a great exercise path every morning. I would generally wake up every morning and take the stairs, yes stairs from the 6th floor to the bottom of my building and follow the path all the way down to the beach area and then proceed to walk up the path up to my building at the top of the resort and back to my room. Loved it!!! There was also a great beach area that provided plenty of running space for those who preferred to jog or walk the coast line.
The rooms were well designed and spacious. We had a king size bed with a separate tub and shower big enough for two people to shower together. Wife and I enjoyed the showers! We had my 15 year old daughter with us and she slept in the sofa sleeper (not the greatest) but it worked, along with a separate complete bathroom (well worth it). We enjoyed the spacious balcony with access from the living room or bedroom with excellent views. Balcony had some great comfortable and sturdy patio furniture to sit or simply relax.
We ate once at the Bistro and the food was good and not too expensive. We ate quite a bit outside the resort so I couldn't tell you what the other restaurants provided. They do have happy hour at the pools from 3 to 4 on a buy one get one free so keep that in mind. The service at the resort is great, from the cart service to bartenders, waiters and housekeeping. All service done with a smile. There is no nightly entertainment at the resort so if you are looking for entertainment you will need to go into town. You can either take a taxi or shuttle bus to the Rose or Blanco resort if you want to avoid paying for a taxi. We rented a car for the week at the rate of $260 for the week which included 90% insurance coverage.
This brings me to my last point. We accepted a timeshare offer at the rental car place for $200 off our rental and 50% of every activity we signed up for. $18 for the sunset cruise which included dinner and open bar. $18 for the snorkeling trip which included lunch (tuna sandwiches and chips) and open bar. $35 for ATV excursion which included a very decent lunch and 2 hr trip. $50 for tandom parasailing (two people) and $76 for dolphin adventure which provided for personalized dolphin experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico