My family (Mom & Dad, Sister & her husband and their 2 kids, and my husband) and I spent a wonderful week at Sunset Beach in one of the Penthouses (a 3 bedroom, 3 bath, 2 floor unit).
I'll get the negatives out of the way quickly. It took a long time to get the water hot. There were just enough towels for the number of people (received more upon request). No coffee pot (I didn't care but Mom & Sis did). Glass panels were missing from around the hot tub on our balcony (nice for the view, but dangerous with a 7 & 9 year-old). Check-in & -out take too long.
Everything else was great!
I've read other reviews that mention cockroaches. Never saw one. Not inside. Not outside. No "signs" they had been around.
The grounds and pools are well maintained. Cesar at the pool by unit 17 is a great server. Patient with the kids, around when needed but not hovering (he wouldn’t have time! That pool is busy), and always in a good mood (even when slammed).
Some of the food is better than other, of course, but I wouldn't say anything was bad or below average. And some was outstanding, like the Champagne Brunch Sunday morning. A little bit of everything and wonderful chilaquiles!
Yes, the resort is spread out and carts are the best way to get around, but they come quickly and regularly and the kids thought they were a blast.
There is no swimming in the ocean, but the beach is great for walking and there are no people trying to sell trinkets.
We will definitely return to Sunset Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico