Sunset Beach is a beautiful resort...and huge. The resort sits on the side of a mountain and seems like every room has a view of the ocean. There are plenty of small winding roads to get around, we opted to walk most of the time which got tiring towards the end of the week but there are no-stop golf carts driving around willing to pick you up and take you where you need to go. The service was really good, always came with a smile and funny comment, but professional. We opted out of the all-inclusive. Even though we had a small kitchen we never cooked at all. We had a few meals at the resort which were very good. We spent most of time going into town on the free shuttle to the sister resort Pueblo Bonito Rose. Its definitely not cheap to eat out but its also not crazy expensive either. I highly recommend a small restaurant called Maria Corona which is 1 street off the main strip in downtown Cabo, easily 1 of the top 5 meals I have ever had. I also recommend visiting their other sister resort Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos, a lot smaller but really cool vibe and atmosphere. Sunset Beach is more geared towards timeshare owners who are looking to relax (a bit of an older crowd, my wife and I are 35) but we still had fun. The only room for improvement that I suggest are more focus on activities at the resort, and better music at the pool bars which seemed to just blare random music genres at all times of the day. Also a tub in the bathroom would be nice, all we had was a shower. All in all a great trip, I would not be against going back but usually we like trying new resorts so not sure if that will happen.
I also recommend doing the timeshare presentation, we had no intention of buying anything and made that very politely clear. We got $300 in resort credits and a dinner cruise for 2 which paid for 75% of our resort food and drink bill. They say it lasts 90 minutes but we were out in 45 minutes when our rep understood that we weren't going to buy. You also get free buffet breakfast out of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico