Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$162
Bookit.com
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$884
US$846
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$319
US$263
Melia.com
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$513
US$501
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$388
  • Breakfast included
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$782
US$215
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$272
  • Pool
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$200
  • Breakfast included
US$3,439
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$178
10,703 results
All reviewssky poolmain poolla naopueblo bonitomanila barcart driverspresidential suitefree shuttletime shareall inclusive planasian restaurantadult poolthe pacific oceanall inclusive packagetimeshare presentationour waiterbeautiful property
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I was really looking forward to going to Cano San Lucas but I must say the service here is awful. It took me 1hr to get my drinks and food at the pool every single time, I wanted to use a bike at the gym and they charged me money for it although the gym is part of the all inclusive, I was charged for water too.
My room was full of mold, has lizards in it which was no fun and our beds were infested with either ticks or fleas so I have a lot of bug bites and required antibiotics.
I have stayed in all inclusive places before so this is for sure the worst!!
The one star is for the drivers of the golf carts they were always nice and deserve the tips I gave them all others need to improve their customer service from check in to the waiters

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank sepstef123
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I would like to start by saying I am being generous giving this resort the rating. The service here was the worst service I have ever received on any vacation.

The check-in process itself took about an hour and a half. We had a group of 10 girls and requested rooms together when we made the reservation 7 months ago. We were told the resort was fully booked and they could not accommodate the request for the 3 rooms. This was not that big of a deal. After we checked in, we were stopped by very pushy sales people for a 90 minute timeshare presentation. We purchased the all inclusive package, had a pretty full agenda and were willing to pay for the spas and meals that were not included, so the incentives did not interest us. They kept pushing at multiple points in the 5 days we were there, so be prepared.

The first thing that we wanted to do after a long trip (9 hours) and our check-in was get into our bathing suits, get a drink and relax at the pool. We walked to the pool, and went straight to the pool bar. We were told by the bartender the pool bar was closed. Fine, we could just grab drinks from the closest bar and bring them down to the pool. That is when we saw the bartender continuing to serve drinks for about 30 minutes after he told us the bar was closed. This happened to us on multiple occasions at different places for the first 2 days... last call or bar is closed.

We called the front desk to file a complaint and the first time we were told a manager was not on duty. The next time we were put on hold for 30 minutes (of course, we put the phone on speaker while we got ready to go out... refusing to waste time on hold). After the 30 minutes on hold, we heard a dial tone. We then went to the front desk in person, and again we were told there was no manager on duty, but someone would call us. We never received that call.

We were now starving, so we decided to call for room service. No one answered the phone after multiple attempts and even being transferred from the front desk (in case, we pressed the wrong button), no one ever picked up. Some of us decided to walk to a restaurant called the Bistro. After ordering and eating there, we thought it would be nice if brought back some food for the rest of the girls. We ordered food to-go in boxes. The waitress told us that she did not have any more boxes. Well just behind her we saw stacks of boxes (STACKS!). We told her they were behind her, giving her the benefit of the doubt. She said something in Spanish quickly to a bus boy who came around and moved the boxes to the kitchen. Now, we were really not happy. This waitress lied to us and then tried to cover it up. When we told her this, she told us that there were "politics at the resort that would not allow her to give us to-go boxes". Apparently, these politics have to do with the all-inclusive vs. non-all-inclusive vs. timeshare. We asked to speak to her manager. Guess what... no manager on duty.

That was the first day.

We learned some "tips" as we went.

#1 Tip before you get any service. You want a drink? Tip the bartender when you order, not after you get the drink; otherwise, that drink order may be forgotten or will take forever. This can be applied to waiters, bartenders, driver, front desk... Bribe them. $2-5 per service (of course, tip more for the paid services, like spas)

#2 Walk. It takes forever for a golf cart, even if you call. If you are disabled or out of shape, do not stay here. It is on a cliff, which makes this resort beautiful, but if you want to get anywhere on the resort, it is quicker to walk.

#3 Sky Pool. Oh my god. This place is beautiful. It is the best spot in the resort. Not great for families, but for adults, it is amazing. The service changed here, bartender was attentive, waiter was quick. Probably the main reason why I gave any stars to this resort.

If you can pick where you want to stay (i.e. do not have a timeshare), stay at a different resort. There are tons in the area.

Room Tip: Penthouse is the way to go at this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Jita143
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We just returned from this hotel, and being in the hospitality industry this lacked a lot.

1. It took over an hour to check in. Granted we had a huge group but we were there with owners. It should not take that long.
2. Our room was nice, roomy, but so far from everything.
3. Our TV did not work the entire time. We called several times for repair, no one ever showed.
4. All inclusive, but you had to sign and give a room number everywhere you went. And when I went to check out (which you have to do at the desk with another long line). They had like 7 people listed on my room and wanted money from me?
5. Towel cards. Who wants the towels anyway. And people were taking towels all day. How does one keep track?
6. Our toilet ran all day and night.
7. Electricity went off a few times and I could not locate where you place a key to run it.
8. No hair conditioner.
9. The sky pool was so dirty. There were bees everywhere. No one at the pool to clean up. Waiters were just ok. (They are cool when the tips are big)

Overall the stay was only ok. I wish I would have complained there, but the lines are so long at the desk, it made no sense to try.

Room Tip: Get closer to the lobby section. The wifi is not good, very spotty
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 4peaches04
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Beautiful location! 5 different pools to choose from, each with their own vibe! Spa is amazing! Yes, its hilly and huge so there are carts running all day taking people to and from - and you may have to wait for one but so happy they provide them! Most of the time though, my husband and I would just walk...great way to add in exercise throughout the day! The staff are awesome and always so willing to help out and accommodate your needs! Love that we are out of the hectic town area but have the free shuttle provided to the Rose if you want to get down there...or you can take a taxi that are in and out of the resort all day! I also love that there is a medical clinic on site - I needed to go there this trip and was so grateful it was there. I had to get a Rx and I just dropped it off at concierge, they called the pharmacy in town, and my Rx was at the hotel in less than an hour! Awesome! Was so happy to hear that they have medical service provided 24x7 in case of emergencies! Love Sunset Beach - best hotel in Cabo! Can't wait for our next trip back to Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank jpotravellers
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

David Fuentes in the Sunset Sushi resturaunt is Awesome! Take his advice and you'll have an awesome meal! Love it, David Rocks! Ask for him. Sushi and Tuna trolling dishes were fantastic and the sushi was fresh. I would recommend everyone try Sunset Sushi! 5 stars.

Stayed: August 2014
9  Thank Michael S
SBOperationsManager, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for letting us know how much you enjoyed our Sunset Sushi Restaurant also thank you for your special recognition to David Fuentes I will share your comments to him and his peers. Your words are the perfect motivator to continue doing their jobs with such a high level of dedication and enthusiasm.

Again thank you for your comments, We are looking forward to host you again in the nearest future.