Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$610
US$441
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$467
US$401
  • Pool
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$388
  • Breakfast included
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$261
Melia.com
  • Pool
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$782
US$215
  • Pool
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$228
  • Pool
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$216
  • Breakfast included
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$178
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$884
US$846
US$3,439
10,712 results
All reviewssky poolmain poolla naopueblo bonitomanila barcart driverspresidential suitefree shuttletime shareall inclusive planasian restaurantadult poolthe pacific oceanall inclusive packagetimeshare presentationour waiterbeautiful property
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The place was very beautiful and the sunset were magnificent. However, I found 4 or 5 BIG roaches. I had to call housekeeping and they came to remove them. I believe they were coming in from the front door that did not have "door bottom seal". I was disgusted every time I came into my room to find this horrible creatures in my room. Such a beautiful place. I finally placed a towel at the front door to seal the gap and the problem was over! The place is in a mountain and I was very high up. You need to call for a golf cart to pick you up to take you to the reception, pool, restaurant. The people were great and accomodating. However, next time I go to Los Cabos, I would rather stay more by the center wher I don't have to wait for a golf cart to come pick me up and then wait for a shuttle to take me to the center of town. Overall, it was a great trip and I love Los Cabos.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms have a great view of the ocean and the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank Elena D
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Let me start by saying this resort is huge. This is the largest resort my husband and I have ever stayed at. We booked our stay as an RCI exchange and were initially worried as the review I read both on Trip Advisor and RCI had some complaints about the maintenance of the rooms/resort, check in process and the golf carts. Let me say that we did not experience any of these issues. We arrived at the resort and was whisked away to a separate podium just for RCI members, the woman that helped us was super friendly and gave us a choice on what building we would like our room to be in. We did not do the all- inclusive as we wanted to experience restaurants outside of the resort during our vacation. We chose to walk everywhere most of the time because we are in our late 30’s and decided that if we wanted to eat like we wanted; the calorie loss would be beneficial! However, if we wanted to ride a gold cart, they always seemed available. We did choose to attend the timeshare presentation and received $400 resort credit – which we used towards food (that did come in handy). Our room was beautiful. None of the maintenance complaints I saw applied to our room. The resort overall was very well maintained. The pools were clean and the landscaping gorgeous. All the staff we encountered were amazing.

All being said, I have two minor complaints. These don’t warrant me giving them less than the 5 stars I rated them at. 1.) The pool bars close at 5:30pm but the pools don’t close until 10pm. That is lame. 2.) The skypool is amazing but it is used for weddings – so it was closed for 4 of the 6 nights we were there. The problem is that you don’t know it is closed until you walk all the way up there. There should be some way to communicate to the guests which nights the skypool will be closed.

Side note from the timeshare presentation – we were told the owner pays for all of the housing for the staff. I knew that had to be a load of B.S. so I asked some of the employees. I received laughter for all of the responses. The poor golf cart driver told us they get paid 300 pesos per day (which is like $25 US) so please tip everyone when they deserve it.

Room Tip: We had an end room and it was relatively quiet. All rooms have a view of the ocean so that is a big plus.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Celeste A
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was invited to a destination wedding and omg...I was totally wowed on route to the location but when I arrived at the hotel it totally surpassed any and all of my expectations to see this work of art that was constructed out of a mountain ....the views were spectacular I shared a room (Bldg 20) with 2 others and we were quite comfortable we all were in awe of our surroundings. The sky pool was amazing ....food, service and especially the staff was excellent which made the trip one that I would definitely do again.
Thank you Ross & Patrice for including me in your celebration!
*my one fault was the wait time at meals...a bit too long.

Room Tip: Ocean view is the way to go/not too much sun and a breeze of the water is refreshing
11  Thank Sandra W
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our group of 5 adults and 5 children enjoyed much of what this property has to offer. We found our rooms through vrbo.com and rented from time share owners.

Here's the good:
1. Spectacular views, both from the cliffside and beachside.
2. Friendly, cheerful service from resort staff, particularly housekeepers, cart drivers and pool waiters.
3. Nearly all staff speak excellent English.
4. Clean, well appointed guest rooms/suites.
5. Spectacular Sky Pool with infinity edge overlooking ocean...best drinks and food service on the property. Seek out Alejandro and Alonso for the most attentive service.
6. Excellent restaurant: Sunset Sushi.
7. Ice machines located outside all buildings, watered filtered and purified.
8. Rental car parking is FREE.
9. Large and well appointed gym.
10. Lush, beautiful landscaping everywhere.

The Bad:
1. Sunset Beach is far away from downtown Cabo and Marina, necessitating a free shuttle ride to other destinations. Guests must obtain tickets before boarding shuttles and space is very limited.

2. Bringing groceries from OUTSIDE the property is discouraged, guests are not permitted to use the shuttle service with grocery bags in hand. A cab ride to the nearest grocery is $20 each way.

3. Time share presentations are tedious, repetitive, confrontational and run far longer than the appointed 90 minute mark.

4. Prices for food and drinks poolside and in restaurants, are quite high. ALWAYS keep your receipts at the end of each day for review upon check-out.

5. Electricity is sporadic. We lost power three times during our week's stay.

6. Internet is costly, with no package deals offered for a week's stay.

7. The property's steep, cliffside terrain makes walking challenging, still beats long waits for cart service during peak hours, i.e.: dinnertime, etc.

8. Room service delivers food late and cold.

9. Pool towel cards are necessary if you wish to use a towel. One card equals one towel, without exception. If the towel card is lost, the guest will be charged a $25 fee at check out.

10. The biggest disappointment of all, upon entering our beach front suite, was discovering that swimming is absolutely prohibited. The beach is gorgeous, but the point break is only a few feet from shore. Great booming waves, but deadly for swimmers.

Room Tip: Buildings 26 & 27 have gorgeous views of the surrounds and ocean. They offer a midpoint to accessing all pools (except the Sky Pool) and main building/lobby.
2  Thank willemagrippa
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your review on TA, Sunset Beach is in fact a huge property and constructed on hill which guarantee spectacular views to the Pacific ocean had said this golf carts are mandatory to transport our guests from one point to another we are expecting more golf carts to reinforce our transportation system. We appreciate your comments about suite service and our food and beverage in general we will share all your comments to our colleagues so they can benefit from them to improve our services.
We recently had experienced some lost of power due to maintenance and repairments in town that affect us without previous notice and we apologize for that.
We hope to welcome you anytime soon in Sunset Beach.

Best Regards,
Mizraim Corpus, GM

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was our 2nd trip here and again, we had over 10 people (adults) in our group. 4 of the 13 of us were owners and all the rooms were booked through us. Check in seems to take an unnecessary long time (both times now) and although we could put different credit cards on the rooms, they wouldn't change the names (to help eliminate confusion for PBSB). We'd purchased 3 all inclusive days when we first booked the property. When we arrived we saw their promotion (buy3 get 1 free) so we asked to pay the difference and start our all inclusive early. After speaking with 2 different people and one of them going to the back room (where they all went when they didn't know what to do) they allowed it and I paid for all 13 people via my credit card. At checkout, they charged 1 of the rooms (2 people) the all inclusive price which I then made them credit back to my account after a lengthy discussion (per staff that couple's billing already went to accounting because they checked out 4 hours earlier). My name (not the credit card on file for the room) was charged for the gym class that 1 of the other girls took. I paid in US CASH to eliminate the hassle of PBSB's error. But today, I received an e-mail about the non-payment of those classes and asking if they could just charge my credit card. I have the zero balance bill yet they still think I owe $30.00.
PBSB is a BEAUTIFUL place but things like this just make it frustrating.
PROS: View, many pools, friendly staff, Sushi restaurant, pool food, Asian restuarant
CONS: Rooms smell musty (take candle or air freshner), bland food in some of the other restaurants, pool bars close at 5, all pools close at 9 (can't at least 1 stay open later?)