Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
VSuites(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Breakfast included
Cabo Vista Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Las Margaritas Inn(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Restaurant
Cabo Las Flores Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
10,549 results
All reviewssky poolmain poolla naopueblo bonitomanila barcart driverspresidential suitefree shuttletime shareall inclusive planasian restaurantadult poolthe pacific oceanall inclusive packagetimeshare presentationour waiterbeautiful property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 December 2009

Pueblo Bonito at Sunset Beach is a quiet resort, away from the strip. It is located on a beautiful white sand beach. We watched the sunset every evening from our terrace and also watched whales migrating along the coast from the terrace.

The suites were new, clean and spacious. The kitchens have everything you need. The resort seemed to be family friendly.

We also visited Pueblo Bonito Pacifica, next door to Sunset Beach, and it was extremely quiet and much smaller. Sunset Beach has 600 to700 suites, while Pacifica has 100 to 150 rooms and an empty beach during the day.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Foodies_9
Reviewed 1 December 2009

HI all! Thought I'd do a short little review on our trip to Cabo...
it was of course AMAZING!
We stayed at the GORGEOUS Sunset Beach Resort... wonderful service and a gorgeous place. It is so serene and the staff is great there. We really have no complaints. I thought the resort had so much to offer and the golf carts were SO no big deal... i thought they were fun... as did my 18 mo old daughter. The driving team- ALL so NICE and helpful! really- customer service all around there- AWESOME!
The Gen Manager there even took time to get back to a couple of requests I had... all was in order when we arrived...which is SO nice ( crib in room, high chair, etc!).
Only thing I would warn on - ... the store there/deli-- while SO helpful for last min things-- a little spendy. BUt that is just like any resort anywhere-- they up the prices - it is the norm. Anyway- we can't wait to go back and we'd stay there again 9at Sunset Beach) in a minute. I loved the free shuttle to their sister resort- The Rose... which was a more happening place... which we wanted a few days our of our week long trip. It is right on the beach and the beach was FUN and wonderful! lots going on... very cool!
We ate GREAT FOOD at all these places-- ( of course- thanks to Trappers List)
Desperados: Family friendly for sure. GREAT food, - great atmosphere... lil music playing and then a customer got up and sang and she sounded great. it was FUN!
Beach Bars: The office. it is fine... over priced- but they can do it i guess- it was packed. food was good!
Tabascos-- agree with Trapper-- our favorite. Lil more laid back... more affordable-- great food and just a chill place to go and relax, eat, drink and ppl watch and gaze out at the ocean. loved it!
Baja Cantina-- it was ok.. not my fave. we had an appetizer and drinks there. it was ok in my opinion.
Panchos: Cool lil place... they have a great rep there in Cabo-- everyone ( locals) were recommneding it. We enjoyed our food and the atmosphere.
We did eat at Sunset Beach some... it was a lil pricey-- (to be expcted being a resort.-- all USA resorts i go to are pricey too!) It was not as good as it was not the Mexcian food in town... but it was still good! I did love the mexican dishes i ate there... the shrimp tacos-- yum!
we just really relaxed pool side a lot and walked on the beach... did not do tons of activities as we had our 18 mo old with us. She had a BALL in the pool and we love her dearly.. she is our hearts.. but NEXT trip-- Just MOM n DAD are going... to really take in more of Cabo!
It is so Great down there!! Awww. the life.
oh- and timeshare ppl: - it is crazy the bartering they do to get you to go to a "presentation". the airport folks will totally get you and act like they are with a hotel or resort. they are not. up to you if you want to listen to a presentation. they'll give the farm away!
The sunset beach timeshare folks were VERY nice and our guy was very professional and courteous... we enjoyed him alot and almost bought. but thought better of it this time around.
ENJOY CABO! it rocks!
any questions- fire away!

Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank woodsjwo-329
Reviewed 29 November 2009

This is a gorgeous hotel. I have been here several times and the service and ammenities are excellent. I stayed in a junior suite which was large. It included one bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, dining area, and private patio. All the rooms have ocean views.

This hotel has one of the few private beaches which makes it a great secluded area to walk, jog, or just soak up the sun peacefully without the locals trying to sell you service or goods.

I love the onsite chapel. It plays chants during the day and is open from early morning to early evening. They offer a Christian service on Sunday.

They offer a free shuttle bus between their sister hotel - Pueblo Bonito Rose.

One con is that you cannot swim on the Pacific side of the peninsula, but the hotel offers at least 7 pools and the shuttle will take you to the Bonito Rose where you can swim.

Due to local laws, the free shuttle cannot drop you off in the town, but you can walk to downtown from the Bonito Rose.

Over the years this area has really developed. This is evident by the large shopping center that opened just outside of downtown with WalMart as the main anchor store.

The hotel can schedule a number of activities - land, water or air.

The best activity I have ever done was the whale tour. The whales migrate to Cabo to have their calfs. It is a spectular time. The fast speed boats are the best way to see the whales.

The spa services are pricey as they are in any luxury hotel. They offer a wide variety of therapies both traditional and some non-traditional.

The hotel also has several shops on the resort compound offering everything from jewlery, clothing, food, sundries, etc.

The hotel is built on the side of a mountain so the paths to the buildings are very steep. Walking the paths is a great workout. However, if you don't want to exert yourself walking, they offer 24 hour golf cart service. They drivers are very friendly and the golf cart rides can be like an adventure. The golf cart ride service is very timely and efficient.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank wanderingbutnotlost
Reviewed 26 November 2009

Pueblo Bonito Sunset was an amazing place to stay. I've travelled the world and I really thought this was the best I've ever stayed in. The rooms were amazing, the staff is EXTREMELY helpful, the place is so clean. The golf cart guys were great and they have a lot of them so you never had to wait more than a few minutes.

The food was good, we ordered room service a few times. They would say it would be to the room in 45 minutes but it was always there much faster than that. I highly recommend the Noe's Screaming Hot Jalapenos. They were awesome. The shrimp tacos were great too. We took the shuttle over to the Pueblo Bonito Rose a few times and let the kids play in the ocean over there.

We had a blast. I highly reccomend this hotel. Nothing negative to say about the hotel and I'm really trying to come up with something. The pillows were even good. Oh, if you go buy groceries, go to Wal-Mart not Sam's or Costco so you don't have to buy everything in bulk. We rented Jet Ski's and did the Zip line and all the arrangements were made through the concierge. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank jrpeders
Reviewed 23 November 2009

I want to start off by saying that this was our second stay at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach in a Junior Suite timeshare unit. This visit met and exceeded our previous stay. If you are looking for an amazing property that is laid back and somewhat secluded, yet easily accessible to the action in town by shuttle or car, this place is perfect! We feel it’s the best of both worlds.

We did rent a car for one day which was nice. I’d definitely recommend renting through the resort (they have an Avis rental car desk) if you only want a car for a day or two. It was super easy and convenient. Most other days we took the free shuttle to the Rose and spent quite a bit of time in town and at PB Blanco. I love that they work with their sister resorts and offer this service to guests.

The resort itself is gorgeous. Great views, great rooms, and amazing pools. In fact, each pool is uniquely perched throughout the topography. We’ve been to all the pools, but our favorite is the pool by building 27 as well as the sky pool. The pool food was great and we ate there several times throughout the week. If you’re ever at the pool for breakfast, be sure to order the breakfast burrito…it was very yummy. And, the pool happy hour is a good value with tasty fruity drinks. We also ate at The Bistro and La Nao. Overall, La Nao is quite tasty, but a little pricy. Between our two visits, the Bistro has been hit or miss for us. We love that there is a deli on site too. It’s nice to be able to pick up a quick sandwich or snack here if you’re in a hurry. There's also a full on-site grocery store under construction right now, so that will be great when it's finished.

Getting around the resort was pretty easy once you have your bearings. You have the option of the carts taking you everywhere, which is nice if you have a far way to go. In our case, we walked almost everywhere since we enjoy getting exercise on vacation. There’s also plenty of room to walk the beach till you’re hearts content! Even though there’s no ocean swimming here, we love the fact that there are no vendors on this beach. Just you and the ocean!

Overall, we had a wonderful second stay at Sunset Beach. The service was pretty consistent throughout the resort. The areas that did the best in my opinion were the pool waiters and the hosts and wait staff at the restaurants. Everyone else was super friendly with the slight exception of the front check-in desk. Both times we’ve stayed here we haven’t felt that warm welcome at check-in. It is the first impression of the resort so I hope this improves a little. Other than that, I have no complaints…our stay was truly amazing. We will definitely be back… this place really knows how to spoil you!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple