We just returned from a week stay at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. We had an amazing time! The resort is located over the hill from the downtown area of Cabo San Lucas. We loved the location because it was out of the way of the hustle and bustle and the party scene.
The resort is HUGE!!! And you can be transported from place to place on the golf carts that will take you through the winding paths up and down the hills. There are six pools: the main pool, the adult pool, the childrens pool, the sky pool and two other pools that are located around the property. Our favorite was the sky pool, it is at the top of the property and has AMAZING views of the entire resort and the ocean.
The rooms are plush and have partial kitchens (everything except an oven) and include all the utensils and accessories (blender) you would need for your convenience. The hotel also offers a pillow menu and you can choose from firm feather, soft feather, tempur and one other type I forget what it was.
If you are going to Cabo for the beach then this might not be the right place for you because it is located on a non-swimming beach. If you are looking for a major party scene then this is also not the right hotel for you. If you require those things for your trip I recommend the Pueblo Bonito Rose because it is located on Medano beach and is near enough to walk to town.
While this resort is definitely not within walking distance to the town they do offer a shuttle service throughout the day to the Rose resort in town. If you like nightlife you can take the shuttle to the Rose and walk into town and take a cab back to the resort once you are done. Cabs run anywhere from $10-12 US to the resort. Make sure to ask the cab driver first what he will charge you.
Some other things of note: there is a deli/mini grocery onsite and they do have plans to open a full grocery store...The deli is equipped with most of the simple things that you would want in your kitchen during your stay. However, they do charge a premium for these items. Thankfully we had a car and made a stop at the local Costco and Walmart for some food to eat while there.
If you are a tequila lover and have a Costco membership I recommend that you go there and choose from their huge selection of tequila and take a bottle home. It will save you a lot of money and haggling from the small shops in town.
There are free wifi hotspots at the main deli by the lobby, the manila bar by the main pool and at the sky pool so if you need to have access you can use your electronic devices there.
Overall we had such a great time on our vacation we never really wanted or needed to leave the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelbag and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico