Playa Grande Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$1,428
US$1,113
Official Website
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$569
US$541
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$150
  • Pool
Tesoro Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
US$151
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$581
US$568
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$626
US$176
  • Pool
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$167
  • Breakfast included
The Ridge at Playa Grande(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$330
US$323
  • Pool
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$330
US$322
  • Beachfront
Hacienda del Mar Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$271
Travelocity
4,113 results
All reviewsbrigantine restaurantmexican fiestaridge poolentertainment stafftime sharetequila volleyballlobby barfiesta nightthe pacific oceanbusiness centerwalking distance to the marinamedano beachwater aerobicskids clubspanish lessonsmurphy bedtowel cards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Part of the appeal of travel for me is the people I meet, the encounters I have, the laughs I exchange. What made my stay at Playa Grande so memorable is the sweet, sweet Mayrobi. She is a part of the entertainment staff and interacted with me so genuinely, I truly felt like a friend to her. She has the best attitude and such a warm personality. She made a huge difference in my stay and I wish I could have taken her home with me as a souvenir. Make sure that stopping by to meet her is a priority on the list of things to do at the resort.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
RolandBernardG, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

Dear Guests from San Jose, California:

I can assure you that you will make Mayrobi very happy with your lovely comment “Mayrobi - A Gem”
We are glad to know that you had a great time with us at Playa Grande your home away from home!
Please let us know in advance when you will come back to visit us, we will be always very pleased to serve you again and fulfill your expectations!
Again thank you for your kindness in taking the time to send us your comments that I will share with pleasure with Mayrobi and all our staff.
On behalf of my entire staff we want to wish you the best and we all send you our warm regards.
Sincerely yours.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Playa granda is a large hotel with a beach on one side and the marina on the other. It is very clean and well maintained. My only complaint is you cant go in the ocean because the water is too rough. The ridge is beautiful and the water slide is great for kids. There are plenty of swim up bars and places to eat.

• Stayed: April 2012
RolandBernardG, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Dear Guests from Hewlett NY:

Thank you for your comment “Great resort.” and for choosing Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa for your recent stay.
We are glad that your experience with us was a pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.
It was truly our pleasure to serve you. In order to maintain the high standards of service excellence for which we strive, it is very important to listen to every client.
Again thank you for your kindness in taking the time to make some comments regarding your recent stay.

Wishing you a world of happiness,

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Our waiter, Flavio, was just great for my friends and I during our week stay at The Ridge' in Playa Grande Resort. I've traveled a lot and I recognize 'attention to detail' when I see it. We hung out at the top pool looking out at the whales jumping in the Pacific. Flavio's service was just great.

Room Tip: all rooms I saw were nice. A short walk to the Marina gives you unlimited restaurants and entertainment.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guests from Illinois City, Illinois:

We thank you very much for choosing Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa for your recent stay.
We are also glad that your experience with us was a pleasant one.
As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied costumer.
Again thank you for your kindness in taking the time to send us your comments that I will share with pleasure with your waiter Flavio at the Ridge.

Wishing you a world of happiness I send you my best regards.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

My wife and daughter stayed here in Jan. 2012 and this year my wife and I stayed here for 12 days. They raved about the place so I figured we may as well stay here. I was pleasantly surprised, they were right, I also enjoyed my stay.
The resort is within walking distance of town, which we did daily since we don't do the all-inclusive which they do offer, and may be a good deal for those that like that.
When we arrived we were courteously greeted and were quickly registered, and the usual "timeshare spiel was only a few minutes after we told the lady we were not interested.
Since we only ate there a few times I can't comment too much, but what we had was good. The pools are well kept and the one closest is adults only which was nice. They do have many activities for both old & young daily. Our room was very nice, comfortable bed, spacious and the kitchenette worked out great.
One day we had an issue with the toilet (the flush mechanism broke) but after one call to the desk it was taken care of. We were heading the pool and when we got back all was well.
Upon leaving we were greated by EDUARDO, who took our bags and looked after them while we waited for the shuttle to the airport.

Room Tip: The resort faces south toward the ocean, our room was quiet and very comfortable. It was on the first floor (#1001) facing east.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karl F

Dear Guests from Meridian, Idaho:

Thank you for choosing Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa for your recent stay.

Wishing you a world of happiness,

Reviewed 13 March 2013

Although PG looks terrific on arrival, it doesn't take long for the facade to slip. Before you even check in, you are cornered and scheduled for a timeshare presentation. You cannot say no. The rooms are modestly furnished. Reports from long term owners are that the furnishings have not been changed for years. Maid service is spotty and poor. On the other hand, the pools are delightful and drink service is pretty good. Few things are more pleasant than an afternoon of sunshine by the pool and a ice cold beverages. The ocean beach is long, white and refreshing.

If you are interested in becoming an owner, beware. There is no secondary market for these ownership units, because of the high transfer costs. If you purchase with the notion that you will resell your unit in a few years, forget it. The cost of re-transferring your interest is prohibitive and you will be stuck.

When you check out, make sure you get your exit ticket. You are not allowed to leave the resort unless you can prove you paid your bill.

Room Tip: Travelers do not have the luxury of choice. If you are renting a room, you take what you can get.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guests from Salem, Oregon:

On behalf of Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa we thank you very much for taking the time to express your experience. Please accept my apologies.

The comments you have made describing the experience you encountered during your stay with us have come to our attention.

We really appreciate the time you are taking to write us with your concern as this will help us improve and we hope you give us an opportunity to demonstrate to you how important your comments are and how seriously we took action.

It will be a great honor if you will choose to visit us again in the near future and a great opportunity to provide you with a better service.

Sincerely yours.