Beautiful resort - Grounds are kept very clean. Location is excellent - close to walk to town - best way and shortest is to cut thru the marina. Can save a lot of money by venturing 2 -3 blocks off the main street next to marina and eat at smaller taco places where the locals eat. Friendly staff. It is starting to show a few minor signs of its age if you look closely - nothing too bad to fret about. Stayed in a studio unit with a partial kitchen - was sufficient for my wife and I as we ate in town mostly.
Can walk to Lover's/Divorce Beach area if you don't mind doing a little climbing on either side. Cannot swim in Pacific Ocean side of resort - too rough. Short walk 5-10 min. down to Sea of Cortez beaches.
Seen 4 or 5 marlin that had been caught during week. About 10 Ft. long - and 100 Lbs. or so I heard.
Would love to go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico