This was my and my husband's first time in Cabo San Lucas, and we originally booked this trip as part of a Living Social Deal. We had all-inclusive reservations at the sister resort, the Grand Solmar, but upon arrival on June 2, the management let us know that we were being upgraded to the Playa Grande. They could not have been more helpful and accommodating - the manager himself escorted us to the new hotel and made sure that we received the same all-inclusive rate from the Solmar (the Playa Grande is more expensive for their all-inclusive), as well as making sure that we got the same room rate for the extra night we had booked. We did not pay a penny extra for the upgrade, which was such a nice surprise! Next, we get to our room, a junior suite with a beautiful ocean view. The room was amazing. California king bed, separate sitting area, kitchenette and spacious bathroom. We also had a balcony overlooking the four hotel pools as well as the Pacific. What proceeded to follow were four and 1/2 days of relaxation and rest, while being waited on by an attentive and extremely helpful staff. The Playa Grande offered theme nights, at which the entertainment staff was top-notch. My favorite was the beach party night. My husband and I had so much fun getting to know other guests and sampling the delicious food (and beverages!). It was an easy 10 minute walk to downtown Cabo from the hotel, which made for our one adventure off the resort. Otherwise, we had little interest in venturing off the property, as there was always good food and good drinks, all included! We would definitely make a return trip in the future, and I will always recommend the Playa Grande to my friends! Just note: the time share speeches at the airport are EVERYWHERE, make sure once you get your luggage, you head straight outside. Don't let them stop you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico